997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Sorry for the radio silence, yesterday was slow, and didn't get much time to finish. Here are some pics, and what I got done:
-re-ran line from intercooler fill tank down over transmission bellhousing to new coolant pump (thanks 1999)
-secured pump tightly to chasis cross member, need to use a torx bit in a 1/4 inch box end wrench to turn it.
-secured electrical line (with zip ties) from pump to battery compartment
-zip tied, bracketed all lines
-used clear rubber with nylon reinforced tubing, cut lengthwise, wrapped around lines in the center channel where they crosses on top of metal cross members. This should eliminate any risk of chaffing in that area.
CATTMAN

Attached Images     
Old 01-31-2010, 10:38 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Any test drives yet?

Old 01-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Here are a couple of me, so you can put a face to the name, and of the shop where I've been living the last 2 weeks, LOL!

Nice muscle cars are the owners. It's a bus shop, but it houses his beauties. It's a '74 Trans AM, and a '64 Grand Prix.
CATTMAN

Attached Images      
Old 01-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Struggling with the front bumper, but almost done.
Now back under the car to put all the underpanels back on.
Then wheels back on.
Then off the stands.
Then test drive with Durametric.
Back to it!
CATTMAN

Old 01-31-2010, 10:47 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Looks a little lonely in that shop John.......no kidding you were talking to the rats,LOL!
At least there is a TON of room in there!

Stacy

Old 01-31-2010, 10:49 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
You almost look like a Canadian with your Touque and sweater on, are you sure you live in the southern US?

Old 01-31-2010, 10:59 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Looks pretty darn cold. That definitely adds to the degree of difficulty.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:04 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Sent you a PM.....

How many hours do you have into the install now?

Stacy

Old 01-31-2010, 11:07 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Looks excellent........... So. How many miles you have racked up on the creeper wheels this week?

Old 01-31-2010, 11:30 AM
It is lonely. And very cold. And it's far darker than the pics look. Going back under for the panels now. Gotta get this done before it turns into a permanent doghouse that my wife will make me live in!

Overall Install Difficulty:
-With a lift, warmth, decent lighting, and no time pressure it's an 8/10.
-Under jackstands, in 30F temps, very poor lighting, 80 mins from home, working after I get out of the office, while the meter is running on a rental car it's a 9/10.
-This is certainly something that can be a DIY, but it's very physically and intellectually demanding.

If you're DIY just to save a couple grand on the install, my recommendation is to just write the check. If you have the right environment and circumstances, are in good shape, and enjoy the journey more than the destination, then go for it. But even under perfect circumstances it ain't easy, physically or intellectually.
CATTMAN

Last edited by Cattman; 01-31-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:31 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
You almost look like a Canadian with your Touque and sweater on, are you sure you live in the southern US?

A little closer look of Canadian Hiker

Old 01-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Any advice or recommendations on easiest way to get all 5 underpanels back on?
CATTMAN

Old 01-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
A little closer look of Canadian Hiker

That's an Italian flag. Both over my heart, and on the C-pillar. Want to see a pic of me at the beach?
CATTMAN

Old 01-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by cattman
that's an italian flag. Both over my heart, and on the c-pillar. Want to see a pic of me at the beach?
Cattman
pass !

But a pic of you driving the car......would be good!

Old 01-31-2010, 11:57 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
That's an Italian flag. Both over my heart, and on the C-pillar. Want to see a pic of me at the beach?
CATTMAN

Yea.....I dont think so! 2 much info

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman