997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Wow, it's so got so much power, I thought it was in reverse, but it was in forward, and it hopped the curb and went right into the building!
CATTMAN

Attached Images  
Old 01-31-2010, 12:26 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Cattman
Any advice or recommendations on easiest way to get all 5 underpanels back on?
CATTMAN
If you've not done them yet, and can fit in car, bring it over here.
(678-521-4643)

Old 01-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KaamaCat
If you've not done them yet, and can fit in car, bring it over here.
(678-521-4643)
Thanks! I will take you up on that another time, for as it stands, I've got it all back on, just need to get the headlights and side markers back in then, the mount the wheels and get it back on the ground for a ride with Durametric testing.

I know this sounds wierd, but so I'm really glad there aren't ANY extra screws, nuts, or bolts, nor are any missing- that, frankly, is amazing!

Anything to think of before going for a first spin?
CATTMAN

Old 01-31-2010, 01:23 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Thanks! I will take you up on that another time, for as it stands, I've got it all back on, just need to get the headlights and side markers back in then, the mount the wheels and get it back on the ground for a ride with Durametric testing.

I know this sounds wierd, but so I'm really glad there aren't ANY extra screws, nuts, or bolts, nor are any missing- that, frankly, is amazing!

Anything to think of before going for a first spin?
CATTMAN
Like I told you on the phone.....bring the wrenches that you used to tighten charge hoses on.....just in case one comes off!
Also stay close to your shop where you are working....just in case!
Run your engine gingerly at first and IF you get on it be sure and check your boost gauge to make sure you are making full boost(6PSI),if you aren't making full boost you have a boost leak!
BTW full boost is up around 7000 RPM and for a fraction of a second!

MOST importantly....ANSWER your phone......
I have called you numerous times over this install only to get....your answering machine.....So back at ya' buddy!

Have fun and be safe John!

Stacy

Old 01-31-2010, 01:39 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Moment of truth coming up! Makes my install of my center exit conversion I am starting today seem measly

Old 01-31-2010, 02:07 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Moment of truth coming up! Makes my install of my center exit conversion I am starting today seem measly

+1

Old 01-31-2010, 02:09 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Another blow up for our good friend

Old 01-31-2010, 05:50 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Just got off the phone with John(Cattman)..........

ROFL....is all I can say!
Ask him 'IF' it is quick........?
Have FUN John and looking forward to your NEXT post.......

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 01-31-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:19 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Is it Quick John?

Old 01-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Is it Quick John?

Ed,
He cant answer because he cant move his lips from the smile, let alone type

Old 01-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Staggering.
I drove the 35 miles home from the shop, and it's wicked. Insane.

The rear wheels can't gain traction in first gear, and I can spin the wheels in just about any gear if I want to- but I can control it, too, so it's not a detriment, just a dorky party trick.

First gear gets you to 35mph in about a second, like 1 wicked shove. Another couple seconds in 2nd gear and you're at 65-70mph. Another second or two in 3rd and you're at 95mph.

And it has a really nice little whistle to it, not a whine, but a high-pitched whistle, which sounds cool, and let's you know it's there!

Insane. I'm going to spend some time with my wife now, and post details, pics, vids, etc. tomorrow.
CATTMAN

Old 01-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Staggering.
I drove the 35 miles home from the shop, and it's wicked. Insane.

The rear wheels can't gain traction in first gear, and I can spin the wheels in just about any gear if I want to- but I can control it, too, so it's not a detriment, just a dorky party trick.

First gear gets you to 35mph in about a second, like 1 wicked shove. Another couple seconds in 2nd gear and you're at 65-70mph. Another second or two in 3rd and you're at 95mph.

And it has a really nice little whistle to it, not a whine, but a high-pitched whistle, which sounds cool, and let's you know it's there!

Insane. I'm going to spend some time with my wife now, and post details, pics, vids, etc. tomorrow.
CATTMAN
AND YET another HAPPY FI customer,LOL!!

First gear is ABSOLUTELY USELESS with this type of power...2nd gear is fun,3rd gear on IS a BLAST!

NOW that you are done John....send me my tools so I can get my car charged again.....LOL!
BTW thanks for offering to grab the EZ springs and extra pulleys for me.....one more boost increase for me...PLEASE!
I am going to try 7 PSI (measure BEHIND the throttle body) and water/meth injection.....that outta net me another 40 or so netRWHP...I HOPE!

Stacy

PS CONGRATS John and I am glad that you are happy so far,with the 1999 and justatoy modified VF supercharger!
Happy safe motoring Buddy!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
AND YET another HAPPY FI customer,LOL!!

First gear is ABSOLUTELY USELESS with this type of power...2nd gear is fun,3rd gear on IS a BLAST!

NOW that you are done John....send me my tools so I can get my car charged again.....LOL!
BTW thanks for offering to grab the EZ springs and extra pulleys for me.....one more boost increase for me...PLEASE!
I am going to try 7 PSI (measure BEHIND the throttle body) and water/meth injection.....that outta net me another 40 or so netRWHP...I HOPE!

Stacy

PS CONGRATS John and I am glad that you are happy so far,with the 1999 and justatoy modified VF supercharger!
Happy safe motoring Buddy!

I c john is on........waiting for the post

Old 01-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
I c john is on........waiting for the post
His quick post was/is right above mine....read boy READ,LOL!

I guess the term 'minute lube' comes to mind being that he is back from making his wife happy,LOL!!!
WOW John you are quick.....and I wasn't referring to the charger install !

Anyway congrats again on the install and good you are back online.....I guess she isn't that upset huh?

Stacy

PS either that or your dogg house has internet,LOL!

Last edited by justatoy; 01-31-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:59 PM
You guys are funny- and I know Jim is trying to sell me more Diamonds! I was actually doing some research on:
1. how to use the Durametric
2. gauges for AFR & Boost

I really want to upload the videos right now, but I can't find the camcorder, so I think I left it in the garage, and our home alarm is on. Turning the alarm off means a batch of beeps which would wake my sleeping wife, so I'm better off waiting.

But, I can tell you that I have a vid clip of my tires skipping for about 30 yards as I accelerate in 1st gear, LOL!

What do you all think about gauges? I know Brando like the Zeitronix, and VF-E recommends Innovate.

I'd really like to go out right now and mash the gas pedal, this thing is ferocious! I can't wait to meet the next WRX/ 996TT/ AMG/ M3 on the road. I urge them not to tinker with me.

Also, got to sort out my badge. Going with "SC" or "911 SC"? What color: matte black, chrome, dark grey?
CATTMAN

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman