997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 09:02 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
You guys are funny- and I know Jim is trying to sell me more Diamonds! I was actually doing some research on:
1. how to use the Durametric
2. gauges for AFR & Boost

I really want to upload the videos right now, but I can't find the camcorder, so I think I left it in the garage, and our home alarm is on. Turning the alarm off means a batch of beeps which would wake my sleeping wife, so I'm better off waiting.

But, I can tell you that I have a vid clip of my tires skipping for about 30 yards as I accelerate in 1st gear, LOL!

What do you all think about gauges? I know Brando like the Zeitronix, and VF-E recommends Innovate.

I'd really like to go out right now and mash the gas pedal, this thing is ferocious! I can't wait to meet the next WRX/ 996TT/ AMG/ M3 on the road. I urge them not to tinker with me.

Also, got to sort out my badge. Going with "SC" or "911 SC"? What color: matte black, chrome, dark grey?
CATTMAN
Sleeping wife...THAT's why you are able to be online!
You and Jim have THAT in common....only reason he is here too,LOL!
Matte black badge....

Old 01-31-2010, 09:09 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
You know what's amazing is that just riding around/ cruising/ in traffic, the car drives like stock. It runs a vacuum until you hit it, at which point I must look like I've had a facelift, as it's a swift SHOOOOOVE forward.

Also, the shove feels effortless, it's just whooosh, and you're all of a sudden 100 yards further ahead, and 30mph faster.

I am certain that a TT "feels" faster, as it's power comes on all of a sudden. The linear delivery of this SC is just terrific though. I cannot imagine many cars on the road who could take me. Previously, I was aware of those pesky WRX, Cayenne TT, etc. No longer. It's silly how strong this thing is!
CATTMAN

PS Here's a pic before the maiden voyage, with the wheels on, coming off the 12 ton bus jackstands, opening the garage bay door for the 1st time in 2 weeks. This was, quite literally, the light at the end of the tunnel.
CATTMAN

Attached Images  
Old 01-31-2010, 09:37 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Enjoy! Be safe!

Old 01-31-2010, 09:56 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
You know what's amazing is that just riding around/ cruising/ in traffic, the car drives like stock. It runs a vacuum until you hit it, at which point I must look like I've had a facelift, as it's a swift SHOOOOOVE forward.

Also, the shove feels effortless, it's just whooosh, and you're all of a sudden 100 yards further ahead, and 30mph faster.

I am certain that a TT "feels" faster, as it's power comes on all of a sudden. The linear delivery of this SC is just terrific though. I cannot imagine many cars on the road who could take me. Previously, I was aware of those pesky WRX, Cayenne TT, etc. No longer. It's silly how strong this thing is!
CATTMAN

PS Here's a pic before the maiden voyage, with the wheels on, coming off the 12 ton bus jackstands, opening the garage bay door for the 1st time in 2 weeks. This was, quite literally, the light at the end of the tunnel.
CATTMAN
Just to be clear...this is NOT a typical VF supercharger but rather a modified one!!

It is quite amazing how hard it pulls and like you say John....linear...it feels like stock power just exponential....if that makes sense!
I too think a turbo would hit harder sooner......just a different power delivery but no matter how you decide to do your FI....it is well worth it and the BEST bang for the buck!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 01-31-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:23 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about

CATTMAN

CATTMAN
Congratulations. You'll have to bring it to the next C&O gathering this coming Sunday down in Roswell and give us the tour of the new beast. (And on a side note). You gotta admit that feeling the before-and-after now, knowing that YOU did the install.........granted it took a good effort, but, quite satisfying isn't it!

Job well done !!!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
I'm glad it all worked out, congratulations!!

Jay

Old 02-01-2010, 04:45 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
John,
Great to hear its all good........now add "VF-wickedly modified" to your signature! Well done ,buddy

Old 02-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

I'm glad you got it done John!!

I know you were relieved yesterday when when you finished up and took her on the first test drive.

Your working conditions weren't optimal.....it was cold and dark in there.

Enjoy the boost!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:24 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justatoy
Just to be clear...this is NOT a typical VF supercharger but rather a modified one!!

Stacy
What specifically makes it different from typical VF? Could you give some summary of those changes with resulting effect?

Old 02-01-2010, 08:51 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Somewhere in this thread of 542 Posts lies the secrets

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...elf-style.html

Old 02-01-2010, 09:01 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
John. Wherever you head for an "after" dyno, let me know. I'd not mind taking one on mine. (Just hard finding a place that are not butchers when strapping down a car)

Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy

It is quite amazing how hard it pulls and like you say John....linear...it feels like stock power just exponential....if that makes sense!
I too think a turbo would hit harder sooner......just a different power delivery but no matter how you decide to do your FI....it is well worth it and the BEST bang for the buck!

Stacy
Absolutely right. This is not a stock kit, it's a modified kit.
The stock kit runs a 3.8" pulley. The next smaller size is 3.6", then 3.48". I am running a 3.4" pulley.

There is another modification, a very important and clever one, the details of which I cannot share at this point. I hope we can share it sometime soon, but that's not my call.
CATTMAN

Old 02-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by KaamaCat
Congratulations. You'll have to bring it to the next C&O gathering this coming Sunday down in Roswell and give us the tour of the new beast. (And on a side note). You gotta admit that feeling the before-and-after now, knowing that YOU did the install.........granted it took a good effort, but, quite satisfying isn't it!

Job well done !!!!!
Thank you! I will certainly come to the next event, where is the exact location/ time? I will bring my son, too.

Are you around this evening? I'd like to get the car on your lift to take a look at something- concerned that the gear linkage for reverse is touching one of the lines. On a lift I can remove that panel in no time and take a look.
CATTMAN

Old 02-01-2010, 09:23 AM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
John good job,Enjoy it in good health.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Thank you! I will certainly come to the next event, where is the exact location/ time? I will bring my son, too.

Are you around this evening? I'd like to get the car on your lift to take a look at something- concerned that the gear linkage for reverse is touching one of the lines. On a lift I can remove that panel in no time and take a look.
CATTMAN
John.......Feel free to bring-it-by anytime after 4pm (in-fact). I'll PM you with the info. As for C&Octane, I can just swing of X11 when on
the way down if you wanna follow. (Usually leave real early to avoid traffic and get a decent spot. Brando....Terry.... is there often)

Last edited by KaamaCat; 02-01-2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: added C&O info

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman