997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:30 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
Absolutely right. This is not a stock kit, it's a modified kit.
The stock kit runs a 3.8" pulley. The next smaller size is 3.6", then 3.48". I am running a 3.4" pulley.

There is another modification, a very important and clever one, the details of which I cannot share at this point. I hope we can share it sometime soon, but that's not my call.
CATTMAN
Resist the urge to give away Stacy's trick

Old 02-01-2010, 01:45 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
What specifically makes it different from typical VF? Could you give some summary of those changes with resulting effect?
Well....I meant modified in the way that we measure the boost AFTER the throttle body.This statement was put up there to ensure THAT anyone looking to purchase a VF supercharger kit...doesn't assume they will be getting the same results that John and I did!

Originally Posted by NorthVan
Somewhere in this thread of 542 Posts lies the secrets

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...elf-style.html
It is a long thread after all Ed........

Absolutely right. This is not a stock kit, it's a modified kit.
The stock kit runs a 3.8" pulley. The next smaller size is 3.6", then 3.48". I am running a 3.4" pulley.

There is another modification, a very important and clever one, the details of which I cannot share at this point. I hope we can share it sometime soon, but that's not my call.
CATTMAN
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Resist the urge to give away Stacy's trick
NOT mine to give away,I am a recipient of 1999's vast knowledge on the subject and I was willing to gamble and still am gambling on it working....he managed to make my car a lot quicker than it was.With hours upon hours of testing and data logging and changing small variables THAT worked on my car(and I am sure every car WILL be different).

That is all I can give you on the subject as I am a dummy when it comes to this stuff,but what we have done has worked so far... BUT no guarantees......who knows in the long run.

LIKE I said this was posted to inform the potential consumer that this in fact is NOT an out-of-the-box VF supercharger kit !
Johns kit is NOT a typical VF's kit.VF supercharger kit came with a 3.8" pulley and John's IS a 3.4",THAT'S IT!
SO when buying a kit.....ask where is the boost being measured!
Anything before the throttle body is not the best or most consistent spot from what I have READ and been told!

Here is a pic of a premium spot to measure boost....
Vf supercharger(we tap into this line AFTER the throttle body)

Another GREAT example is the TPC tubo set-up.....(in the plenum)

Last edited by justatoy; 02-01-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:52 PM
ng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by KaamaCat
John.......Feel free to bring-it-by anytime after 4pm (in-fact). I'll PM you with the info. As for C&Octane, I can just swing of X11 when on
the way down if you wanna follow. (Usually leave real early to avoid traffic and get a decent spot. Brando....Terry.... is there often)
Hey Bob,

Where in Roswell and what time? I would like to know also.

Thanks,

Nick

Old 02-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I've posted a video to Youtube of the injector process, which was perhaps the hardest part. The video starts out a little rocky in terms of pic and clarity, but stick with it, for I switch to "night mode" and allow you to really see into the engine bay and take a close look at the fuel rail, bolts, injectors, caps, clips, electrical connections, and where it seats into the engine.

You can get a great taste of how tight, dark, far, and painful this is!

Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-63PV5OOgQ
CATTMAN

Last edited by Cattman; 02-01-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:40 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
OK OK...nice work Professor John BUT lets get to the GOOD STUFF!
I want to see Racer John 'MASH' the gas pedal,LOL!

Stacy

Old 02-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I guess I was first to see this............'First gear video'

Great VIDEO,LOL......NOW go warm up those tires and get me a Durametric chart ASAP!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 02-01-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Here are my first 2 really brief runs with the modified SC finally installed. This was just a little burst off the line in first gear, but it was my first taste of the modified SC power.

In the first run, you can see my front wheels hop off the ground, and skip along the blacktop, then hop again midway, as they struggle to keep up with the power and hold the road! In the second run, I a started drifting toward the passenger side, as all 4 wheels are began planing across the surface. Amazing fun!

BTW, this is just to 5k RPM's in 1st gear!!!! 3rd gear, from 55-105 is the most fun, so far. I've yet to do a full pull in anything more than 3rd, as it's just insane at that point.

You can hear the whistle of the SC. It's not a whine, but a whistle, and top of the AWE cats and Gundo cans the ensemble is incredibly exotic- you can tell it's packing something that means business!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXxFmDFoBjI

CATTMAN

Last edited by Cattman; 02-01-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:16 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!

Old 02-02-2010, 01:38 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ng997
Hey Bob,

Where in Roswell and what time? I would like to know also.

Thanks,

Nick
When: 1st Sat each month. 8am-11am
Where:
THE AVENUES (also a PaneraBreadCo place there)
4475 Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30062-8197

.........I will post it under the SouthEast area also...On 120, there are speedtraps there each event.

........NOW BACK TO THE CATTMAN SHOW !!!!!

Old 02-02-2010, 10:52 AM
I will post some Durametric data later, too. But as of now, all is working really well. Hope to get to Bob's lift soon to take a look at that one area where the hose might be interfering with the gear linkage at the transmission for reverse.
CATTMAN

Old 02-02-2010, 04:29 PM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Holy crap that looks awesome!!!!

Old 02-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by w00zie
Holy crap that looks awesome!!!!
Haha, thanks!
Apparently the cops thought so too- got pulled over today.

It was actually pretty funny:

-My Porsche dealer tech was riding with me to see how it felt, so I was on it pretty hard, and spinning my wheels in 2nd gear.
-I had my boost gauge hose running from the engine bay, up through the vent in the rear decklid, up alongside the outside of the car, into the passenger window, held by blue painters tape.
-My Durametric cable was hooked up to a laptop on my buddy's lap. We couldn't have been caught more red-handed.

Cop: "What possible legal reason do you have to be going that fast?"
Me: "Sir, while I acknowledge that I was accelerating rapidly, I don't believe I ever exceeded the legal posted limit."

He grumbled, took my license back to his car, came back a few mins later, handed it back to me, and snarled to me something about slowing down.

Before you say anything- I was not putting anyone in danger. It was a road behind a warehouse with no traffic or people. The cop was sitting in the empty parking lot of the warehouse- just dumb luck timing I suppose.

Pretty funny to be caught holding a boost gauge and a laptop!
CATTMAN

Old 02-02-2010, 08:51 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Well at least you know it is a lucky SC!

Old 02-02-2010, 09:24 PM
mact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of light
Haha, thanks!
Apparently the cops thought so too- got pulled over today.

It was actually pretty funny:

-My Porsche dealer tech was riding with me to see how it felt, so I was on it pretty hard, and spinning my wheels in 2nd gear.
-I had my boost gauge hose running from the engine bay, up through the vent in the rear decklid, up alongside the outside of the car, into the passenger window, held by blue painters tape.
-My Durametric cable was hooked up to a laptop on my buddy's lap. We couldn't have been caught more red-handed.

Cop: "What possible legal reason do you have to be going that fast?"
Me: "Sir, while I acknowledge that I was accelerating rapidly, I don't believe I ever exceeded the legal posted limit."

He grumbled, took my license back to his car, came back a few mins later, handed it back to me, and snarled to me something about slowing down.

Before you say anything- I was not putting anyone in danger. It was a road behind a warehouse with no traffic or people. The cop was sitting in the empty parking lot of the warehouse- just dumb luck timing I suppose.

Pretty funny to be caught holding a boost gauge and a laptop!
CATTMAN

you didnt have your Blinder turned on???...

Old 02-03-2010, 03:41 AM
Steven B is infamous around these parts
Hope to get to Bob's lift soon to take a look at that one area where the hose might be interfering with the gear linkage at the transmission for reverse.
CATTMAN
Don't use reverse when forward is so much fun!!

Nice job!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman