997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mact3333
you didnt have your Blinder turned on???...
He didn't have radar or laser on me, so my cloaking didn't matter. Probably one of the reasons I didn't get a ticket.
CATTMAN

Old 02-03-2010, 12:23 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Great job and certainly an incredible DIY. Well done.
Changing injectors only makes me think of mileage. While it certainly isn't a driving factor, I'll be curious if you're into single digit mileage now. Hammering my car around down, double clutching, etc. I get down to about 11 mpg.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:19 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
So, Mr. Cattman, what is going on? How is your car doing?

It has been some time now, what are your impressions? Was it all worth it?
Is your engine still in one piece?

Old 02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
I tried to call John to respond to the thread BUT no answer! He is VERY VERY busy guy and now that he is rippin' around in his car....he really has NO time!
I had to bug the hell out of him to get the Durametric charts !
I have been working with him on understanding his Durametric charts and HE seems to be extremely happy with the added power.....who wouldn't,LOL?!

Our biggest goal right now is to make sure everything is working as it is suppose to,then we will 'wick' it up more,IF John has the 'B$LLS' to try ......
I have a water/meth system that I am going to try....if it works I will be forwarding all of the details to John to drop in!!!!

Stacy

PS I am sure he will chime in soon......after all he is addicted to the site like the rest of us!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Hey guys,
Sorry I've been absent- I am at a work conference outside of Las Vegas, and have been tied up a lot lately between work and getting back in touch with my wife and son!

In any case, I am LOVING the SC. The power is so smooth, so linear, and so fulfilling. Now, keep in mind this is not a stock kit, but a modified kit. It's like driving a whole new car!

Running around, doing errands, in traffic, it's just as it was before. But once you stand on the gas pedal, the power delivery is instantaneous, and overwhelming! It's a mad rush, feels like jet!

And the sound is terrific. I am running AWE cats, Gundo hacked cans, and a LWFW, so it already sounded fantastic, but now there is a distinct whistle present, which adds to the exotic soundtrack, and almost warns punks in tweaked WRX's or guys with moustaches in 'vettes not to tinker with me.

I am still doing testing with the Durametric cable, and logging all kinds of data, as well as using the GTech to measure net HP. I hope to provide some results here shortly, and hope to be higher than Stacy's 404 net RWHP due to my LWFW.

The only error codes I have right now are most likely due to some of the modification to the kit, mixed with my specific set of other mods. So I'm still tinkering, and will continue to until I get things feeling, driving, and testing just right.

Believe it or not, while a bit scary, this part is also a ton of fun- it's all experimentation, trying to isolate variables, measuring EVERYTHING, and then making adjustments.

Stacy's been awesome- I am learning a ton! One of the reasons I bought the kit from him was I knew I'd have his complete support.

Overall I couldn't be happier- this is by a mile the best bang for your buck mod you can do, especially if you can find a used kit. However, again, I am running a modified kit; were I making just the stock 4.5 psi of boost, I am not sure it'd be as transformative as the kit I have is, which is currently delivering 6 psi of boost, measured after the throttle body.

I'll post some data and more videos soon!
CATTMAN

Last edited by Cattman; 02-09-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:52 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
Hey guys,
Sorry I've been absent- I am at a work conference outside of Las Vegas, and have been tied up a lot lately between work and getting back in touch with my wife and son!

In any case, I am LOVING the SC. The power is so smooth, so linear, and so fulfilling. Now, keep in mind this is not a stock kit, but a modified kit. It's like driving a whole new car!

Running around, doing errands, in traffic, it's just as it was before. But once you stand on the gas pedal, the power delivery is instantaneous, and overwhelming! It's a mad rush, feels like jet!

And the sound is terrific. I am running AWE cats, Gundo hacked cans, and a LWFW, so it already sounded fantastic, but now there is a distinct whistle present, which adds to the exotic soundtrack, and almost warns punks in tweaked WRX's or guys with moustaches in 'vettes not to tinker with me.

I am still doing testing with the Durametric cable, and logging all kinds of data, as well as using the GTech to measure net HP. I hope to provide some results here shortly, and hope to be higher than Stacy's 404 net RWHP due to my LWFW.

The only error codes I have right now are most likely due to some of the modification to the kit, mixed with my specific set of other mods. So I'm still tinkering, and will continue to until I get things feeling, driving, and testing just right.

Believe it or not, while a bit scary, this part is also a ton of fun- it's all experimentation, trying to isolate variables, measuring EVERYTHING, and then making adjustments.

Stacy's been awesome- I am learning a ton! One of the reasons I bought the kit from him was I knew I'd have his complete support.

Overall I couldn't be happier- this is by a mile the best bang for your buck mod you can do, especially if you can find a used kit. However, again, I am running a modified kit; were I making just the stock 4.5 psi of boost, I am not sure it'd be as transformative as the kit I have is, which is currently delivering 6 psi of boost, measured after the throttle body.

I'll post some data and more videos soon!
CATTMAN
John,

The statement I highlighted above is the same reason I do this stuff....it is the 'never' knowing of what might happen when pushing the envelope!
The adrenalin is crazy as you make the changes to achieve more power......I call this the 'go-fast-crack-pipe'.....ADDICTINGain't it?!

Just to fill a few of you in on John's attitude towards all of this,here is a sentence from of an email I received from him a while ago...funny thing is I said the same thing to my teacher.....LOL!

"I will clean the MAF tomorrow, change the filter on the breather, and log some runs. This is fun! Wish it were on a less expensive toy, but worst case, I get a new $12,000 engine, LOL!".....

That right there,my friends,IS a great attitude.....

John thank you for the kind words..........wish you lived closer so I could show you how fast my car is!
Remember 'Grasshopper' I will only teach you enough for you to be there at the finish line BUT I will cross first...
JK'ing ofcourse!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 02-09-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:02 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
I saw John and the beastie this past weekend at one of the monthly car gatherings in the area. I will say that the pics don't do justice to the excellent work he did when you get to look at the overall engine bay. Very Very nice install!

Old 02-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by KaamaCat
I saw John and the beastie this past weekend at one of the monthly car gatherings in the area. I will say that the pics don't do justice to the excellent work he did when you get to look at the overall engine bay. Very Very nice install!
Thanks, Bob!
I am going to dress up the bay a little bit, perhaps with some stainless steel braided lines, some fresh paint on the IC, and a good steam cleaning and detail. Then I'll do the inside and outside of the car, LOL! Got to get it 100% ready for the next event.
CATTMAN

Old 02-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

You see me this morning coming out of my hood taking my rental car back??????

Still have your emblem.....

Old 02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Brando
You see me this morning coming out of my hood taking my rental car back??????

Still have your emblem.....
I thought that was you in the black Chevy Empanda.
Do you need a lift somewhere?
CATTMAN

Old 02-21-2010, 07:30 PM
I am happy to report that after some extensive tuning and tweaking, the car is running VERY strong, VERY quick, and I am no longer getting any odd or scary fault codes.

I plan to do some GTech testing tomorrow to get a read on net HP- should be very interesting! Hoping for around 420 net, but we'll see.

What I need to do, really, is get a front spoiler, as my car feels like the front end is lifting off the ground. I love the OEM GT3 look, but not sure how the vent will look since I have a big black coolant tank under there now! Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on other lips or front spoilers for some add'l downforce in front?
CATTMAN

Old 02-21-2010, 07:33 PM
I am guessing around the 400 netRWHP....mark......and NO more..OR else,LOL!

How about the factory Porsche aerokit front end...no bumper vent!?

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...e=997s_aerokit

Besides John.....an aerokit will only help at HIGH speed....what you are felling is for something to help you 'out-of-the-gate'....could I interest you in a larger pulley(less boost),LOL!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 02-21-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:39 PM
I am happy to report that after some extensive tuning and tweaking, the car is running VERY strong, VERY quick, and I am no longer getting any odd or scary fault codes.

CATTMAN
You JUST mean tweaking.......we haven't tuned anything...RIGHT?..
The fault codes were nothing serious......change of plugs probably made ALL the difference!

Stacy

Old 02-22-2010, 05:59 AM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future

I plan to do some GTech testing tomorrow to get a read on net HP- should be very interesting! Hoping for around 420 net, but we'll see.

What I need to do, really, is get a front spoiler, as my car feels like the front end is lifting off the ground. I love the OEM GT3 look, but not sure how the vent will look since I have a big black coolant tank under there now! Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on other lips or front spoilers for some add'l downforce in front?
CATTMAN
It is not downforce you need but the elimination of lift. A simple vertical flange under the bumper will eliminate the excessive lift. Just like the MK1 GT3 bumper has.

Are you saying that your middle radiator is covered completely by your bumper? No cutout?

Old 02-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
Are you saying that your middle radiator is covered completely by your bumper? No cutout?

Hey 1999,

He is talking about the vent at the top of the bumper........
I agree with John,it may look funny seeing the reservoir through the GT3 vent.

His third radiator is seeing the air it needs!

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman