997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 07:16 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
I think I better hang onto my wife,LOL.....when I was looking at buying the SC,I was the one who was reluctant!
She just said you are going to do it one day anyway,so just get it!

Now that I think about it...maybe she just wants me out of the house.....so she approves all of these projects that get me into the garage for days on end,hmmmm!

Stacy
Maybe she has an old high school friend come over to visit her when you are in the garage

Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Maybe she has an old high school friend come over to visit her when you are in the garage
ROFL....good one.......NOW I knew there was some ulterior motive behind why you were asking me to do that front radiator for you this winter!

Stacy

Old 12-16-2009, 07:34 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
ROFL....good one.......NOW I knew there was some ulterior motive behind why you were asking me to do that front radiator for you this winter!

Stacy
For the benefit of others here that don't know, NorthVan is an old high school friend of Stacy's wife.

Last edited by keninirvine; 12-16-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lakercarrera
what are you doing with your other mods (intake, and such)? I just saw your video with the awe cats and ah mufflers and boy did you car sound mean. Cant imagine it now Good Luck
PS: Stacy to do a diy TPC install??
Full mod list is in my signature. Now running AW cats with Gundo cans. I expect it to get a little louder with the SC, since it's more air passing through the system. Hopefully not too much different, as I am finally really happy with my sound. The LWFW adds a bit of clatter, which is fine, too.
CATTMAN

Old 12-16-2009, 01:27 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
another great thread you guys are the best

Old 12-16-2009, 05:54 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !

Ed,
High school friend??????? I was thinking of his NEW YORK friend Stacy and I have a very common hair line ROFL

Jim

Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
John,

Congrats......im sure Stacy will make the install as smooth as possible!
This guy is unreal.....as we speak he is strippin the car, Pm'ing me, and posting the strip on thread......THAT MY FRIEND IS MULTI TASKING!!

Jim
Yep...rep points for Stacey!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:34 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
another great thread you guys are the best
Well Abdullah,
I am glad you are entertained by our antics,LOL!

Ed,
High school friend??????? I was thinking of his NEW YORK friend Stacy and I have a very common hair line ROFL

Jim
Or you should say NON-existent hairline!
Next to you JIMMMY boy I look like Fabio with my hair,LOL

Originally Posted by mdrums
Yep...rep points for Stacey!
Thank-you!

My arm was twisted in all kinds of directions on this one....THAT is what instigated it....That's my story and I am sticking to it,LOL!

Stacy

PS John,I managed to get a HUGE rubbermaid container for shipping this MAMMOTH package.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:38 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Ed,

Jim
You have an enlarged forehead and a mullet too?

Old 12-17-2009, 02:18 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
You have an enlarged forehead and a mullet too?

Mr. Clean buddy, Mr. Clean

Old 12-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Well John,

Here is your 'CRATE',LOL ready for delivery!

Stacy

Old 12-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Hahahha, I LOVE it!
Going to the bank on Friday.

But seriously, who has some ATL garage space for me? Or a car to loan? No, I am NOT kidding!
CATTMAN

Old 12-18-2009, 06:27 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
Hahahha, I LOVE it!
Going to the bank on Friday.

But seriously, who has some ATL garage space for me? Or a car to loan? No, I am NOT kidding!
CATTMAN
On a serious side of things - I would pay somebody to get it installed. I like DIY stuff but it is a serious job. I am not brave enough to mess with injectors install and other stuff like oil supply from engine, well, may be I see it too dark but you can screw up your engine bad if you make mistakes there.
Plus there should be plenty of shops around you that worked on VF chargers before.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Mr. Clean buddy, Mr. Clean
Nothing wrong with going down to the wood Jim! If your going to loose it, go big or go home!

Old 12-18-2009, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
On a serious side of things - I would pay somebody to get it installed. I like DIY stuff but it is a serious job. I am not brave enough to mess with injectors install and other stuff like oil supply from engine, well, may be I see it too dark but you can screw up your engine bad if you make mistakes there.
Plus there should be plenty of shops around you that worked on VF chargers before.
Yes it is a rather in-depth install,however,this is the first car that I have ever done any type of motor work myself and I am glad I did.Once terrified to wrench on it,I now am extremely comfortable with it.It is after-all JUST a car!

If you make a mistake they only thing it will cost you is time !
If the injector leaks you will know as soon as you turn the key to the 'ON' position,you smell fuel.
Oil lines are in and out...NO WAY to screw that up,but if not tight enough a small leak will follow...and again...a bit of time to tighten.
There is really no way to screw the motor up IF you perform the checks accordingly.An example...upon firing the motor for my first time,it ran fine(just sounded like an exhaust leak) until warmed up,at which point it would die! So I started with trying to find this exhaust leak and when I got under the car I found a coil plug wire NOT plugged in!
So my advice when doing any type of work on your car,perform checks as you go along.What you worked on yesterday,double check tomorrow and when frustrated....walk a way for a bit!

You really CAN turn this type of work into a rewarding project,besides it will also be money saving !
Especially IF you want to play with pulleys at a later date,you won't have to keep forking out $$$$ for labor!

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman