997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Correct, my center radiator is wide open, getting plenty of air. I am referring to the coolant tank for the IC which lives behind the front bumper reinforcement, which might be visivle through the vents at the top of the OEM GT3 front bumper, where it meets the hood. I am sure it will fit, but not sure if it'll look odd, or even be visible.

In other news, I am not at about 800 total boosted miles so far. Loving it! HOWEVER, I have to get my emissions tested today, wish me luck!
CATTMAN

Old 02-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Ha, I passed emissions!
This is no small accomplishment.
CATTMAN

Old 02-22-2010, 03:49 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cattman
ha, i passed emissions!
This is no small accomplishment.
Cattman
Did you have DOUBTS.....LOL!

Stacy

Old 02-22-2010, 04:13 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Congrats, how long is the emission certification good for?

Old 02-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
Did you have DOUBTS.....LOL!

Stacy
Heck yeah, I was worried! But since I changed the plugs and made a couple other tweaks I've not had any CEL's or faults, so I felt confident, but concerned.

It's valid for a year.

I'm now at almost 1,000 boosted miles and loving it. I wish I'd done it 30k miles ago!
Wasted an M6 the other day, really embarrassed the guy from 30-110mph, and could tell he was ticked off.
CATTMAN

Last edited by Cattman; 02-22-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:13 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
Heck yeah! But since I changed the plugs and made a couple other tweaks I've not had any CEL's or faults, so I felt confident, but concerned.

It's valid for a year.
CATTMAN
I told you from the 'get-go' I will make sure you are happy with my modified VF supercharger,us Canadians do good work,EH?.......LOL!
Now you have to go out,find a safe,secluded,flat road and Gtech the crap out of that thing...!

BUT remember to 'LIE'........IF......you get a better netRWHP than me.....OR ELSE!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 02-22-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:01 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Wasted an M6 the other day, really embarrassed the guy from 30-110mph, and could tell he was ticked off.
CATTMAN
Were you cruising around looking for some fun?

How is the fuel consumption - how much do you burn now?

Old 02-23-2010, 02:16 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Were you cruising around looking for some fun?

How is the fuel consumption - how much do you burn now?
He doesn't likely want to know his mileage. And the PCM/cluster mileage numbers will be all wrong due to his different injectors.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:22 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keninirvine
He doesn't likely want to know his mileage. And the PCM/cluster mileage numbers will be all wrong due to his different injectors.
I`m just curious what to expect with this thing if I ever get one.

Stacy bought back SC I wanted to get for myself eventually anyway, so, most likely it is all done for me for some time anyway, which is not a problem, of course. But realistically speaking if I would really want to get SC I would already get it and if I still do not have it - that means I do not really want it. It is obviously complicated.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:28 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I`m just curious what to expect with this thing if I ever get one.

Stacy bought back SC I wanted to get for myself eventually anyway, so, most likely it is all done for me for some time anyway, which is not a problem, of course. But realistically speaking if I would really want to get SC I would already get it and if I still do not have it - that means I do not really want it. It is obviously complicated.
As they say, you snooze, you lose.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
As they say, you snooze, you lose.
I hardly lost anything - Stacy will be bored with this SC soon enough as he will squeeze all the juice out of it and then I`ll get it from him.

Or may be I`ll finally get real GT3. Not sure yet.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Great question- I am not sure what my miles per gallon consumption is. I keep meaning to note mileage when I fill up, then do the quick math at the next fillup. However, I doubt that it's too much lower than it was.

In terms of the PCM data, VF-E and GIAC made some improvements to their ECU/ DME programming, and the "miles to empty" function on the PCM works. Not sure if the mpg works, I haven't really tested it.

What's funny is that even though I am sitting on about 500HP I find that I drive more conservatively now than ever! Perhaps, just knowing I can nail it, has sedated me- I guess I don't feel the need to prove it anymore!
CATTMAN

Old 02-23-2010, 03:40 PM

What's funny is that even though I am sitting on about 500HP I find that I drive more conservatively now than ever! Perhaps, just knowing I can nail it, has sedated me- I guess I don't feel the need to prove it anymore!
CATTMAN
I've found the same thing when I've had gutsy cars in the past. Knowing you can blow doors off is sufficient without having to prove it to anyone. So I think I'll just pretend I have the SC on my car.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:51 PM
I hardly lost anything - Stacy will be bored with this SC soon enough as he will squeeze all the juice out of it and then I`ll get it from him.
Funny thing.....turned down an offer last night for this(the 2nd) Modified VF supercharger,just not enough money offered to part with it.....YET!
I even offered the install,high flow cats,Fabspeed headers,oil catch can and ALL the trimmings to make it a true 6 PSI kit......!
We will see,I am really anxious to try and 'UP' the boost AGAIN......maybe 7 PSI with the addition of water/meth injection!
Only thing THAT would stop me is MONEY(great offer) and even then,I am NOT sure!
OR maybe a FREE turbo kit.......,LOL!

Stacy

PS John post up your Gtech netRWHP @ 100 mph findings here as well........

Last edited by justatoy; 02-23-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
once he sees us making 500 wheel he will come begging... --- @ stacy

congrats on the install btw

Last edited by TPCRacing; 02-23-2010 at 07:01 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman