997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
once he sees us making 500 wheel he will come begging... --- @ stacy

congrats on the install btw

Thanks, Casey!

If you get proven safe and reliable 500rwhp I will certainly come sniffing around. But the "proven" part will take a few years, and tens of thousands of miles. On the other hand, my SC has been proven on street and track between Jared and Stacy for years. Not that one is necessarily better than the other, for as I said, once yours is proven, I may indeed be interested.

BTW, have any of your cars run the GTech yet?

For now, I've got a guinea pig friend, who with a smaller pulley and meth injection I believe can likely get relatively close to 500rwhp on a modded SC- with no lag.
CATTMAN

Old 02-23-2010, 08:24 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Nice numbers Cattman! Congrats.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:43 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I've found the same thing when I've had gutsy cars in the past. Knowing you can blow doors off is sufficient without having to prove it to anyone. So I think I'll just pretend I have the SC on my car.

LOL

Old 02-24-2010, 04:45 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Funny thing.....turned down an offer last night for this(the 2nd) Modified VF supercharger,just not enough money offered to part with it.....YET!
I even offered the install,high flow cats,Fabspeed headers,oil catch can and ALL the trimmings to make it a true 6 PSI kit......!
We will see,I am really anxious to try and 'UP' the boost AGAIN......maybe 7 PSI with the addition of water/meth injection!
Only thing THAT would stop me is MONEY(great offer) and even then,I am NOT sure!
OR maybe a FREE turbo kit.......,LOL!

Stacy

PS John post up your Gtech netRWHP @ 100 mph findings here as well........

BTW Stacy....u know I have first dibs on this ONE when u r done! Part of the agreement, EH!

Jim

Old 02-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Originally Posted by Cattman
Thanks, Casey!

If you get proven safe and reliable 500rwhp I will certainly come sniffing around. But the "proven" part will take a few years, and tens of thousands of miles. On the other hand, my SC has been proven on street and track between Jared and Stacy for years. Not that one is necessarily better than the other, for as I said, once yours is proven, I may indeed be interested.

For now, I've got a guinea pig friend, who with a smaller pulley and meth injection I believe can likely get relatively close to 500rwhp on a modded SC- with no lag.
CATTMAN
CATT,
after u switch to the TURBO, shoot me a PM. We can barter. LOL

Jim

Old 02-24-2010, 04:50 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Nice numbers Cattman! Congrats.

Ed,
All I can say is WOWWWW! Nice avatar....I thought I was on the "Rice cars are us" forum! LOL

Jim

Your new ride I am sure......*****

Last edited by jjc4scab; 02-24-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Ed,
All I can say is WOWWWW! Nice avatar....I thought I was on the "Rice cars are us" forum! LOL

Jim
Look closely, it is making fun of the Prius and their ineffective brakes!

Kiss ***

Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, Casey!

CATTMAN

I wont pollute your thread but see the latest post in the turbo thread regarding longevity. We have clients that race their Caymans, some enduro, but mostly sprint. Have one running in the 1 lap this year. Should be a good one! No gtech runs yet, dont have the time nor a stretch of road. Will have John run his after he gets it back.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 02-24-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:41 AM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
I am happy to report that after some extensive tuning and tweaking, the car is running VERY strong, VERY quick, and I am no longer getting any odd or scary fault codes.

I plan to do some GTech testing tomorrow to get a read on net HP- should be very interesting! Hoping for around 420 net, but we'll see.

What I need to do, really, is get a front spoiler, as my car feels like the front end is lifting off the ground. I love the OEM GT3 look, but not sure how the vent will look since I have a big black coolant tank under there now! Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on other lips or front spoilers for some add'l downforce in front?
CATTMAN
Hey John,

Regarding this question.. I have noticed a fair amount of guys in the 996TT world with the GT2 rear wing and not the front setup have some lift as well. I think going with the front to match the rear would help a great deal. You are probably getting more downforce from your GT2 wing and do not have the front spoiler to compensate. You could also get the screens that would disguise some of the hoses, etc.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:58 PM
06997C2S is infamous around these parts
wow... i could never take the parts off like that without damaging anything... thank you for doing this for us!

Old 02-24-2010, 06:03 PM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
Hey Catt
how about a cup front lip?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by btapp
You could also get the screens that would disguise some of the hoses, etc.
Screens to disguise what hoses? I don't have any hoses exposed. Do you mean screens to shield the radiators? If so, that's in the plans once I decide what to do in terms of a front bumper.

I am thinking of adding an OEM GT3 front bumper- it's my favorite in terms of looks, and will I hope add some aero balance to my rear wing. Plus, OEM is actually incredibly lightweight. Anyone have one for sale? While I love my Misha wing, I can't imagine doing fiberglass on a bumper- just waaay to fragile.
CATTMAN

Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Nexus-6 is infamous around these parts
Years ago, I had a Lingenfelter 427 Twin Turbo that put down roughly 700rwhp. This, in a car that weighed a touch over 3,000 lbs (my base was a 2004 Z06).

It was pretty silly really - lots of fun at first, but the hooligan appeal waned over the course of a year. I wasn't shocked at this, but I did get tired (ha) of getting my *** handed to me by much less powerful cars in "slower" impromptu races from a dig. Zero traction in 1st or 2nd gear with anything more than half throttle, and third was mostly fine as long as ambient temps were north of 55 degrees or so.

I know the feelings you're experiencing with losing traction at speed. My wife used to joke that we could use it to induce labor for expecting mothers and charge a small fee.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:50 AM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
Screens to disguise what hoses? I don't have any hoses exposed. Do you mean screens to shield the radiators? If so, that's in the plans once I decide what to do in terms of a front bumper.

I am thinking of adding an OEM GT3 front bumper- it's my favorite in terms of looks, and will I hope add some aero balance to my rear wing. Plus, OEM is actually incredibly lightweight. Anyone have one for sale? While I love my Misha wing, I can't imagine doing fiberglass on a bumper- just waaay to fragile.
CATTMAN
Sorry, I thought you were describing some exposed hoses of some kind, I may be losing it Anyway, yeah the screens look good from what I can tell. I know what you mean about the fiberglass bumper but the structure is what provides the safety anyway not the skin. I think the front may solve your problem though according to what I have read.

Take care,