997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman

It's official: Stacy and I are nuts.

He's removing his SC and sending it to me so I can perform another DIY install on it. I have no idea where this will lead, but it promises to be interesting, as I am not nearly as handy as Stacy. But hey, to quote Fast Times at Ridgemont High, "My Dad's a TV repairman, he's got a wicked set of tools."

Anyway, hoping I can live up to this SC's lineage: it started out in BlaktOut's Excellence Shoot-Out Winning Cover Car, "Fastest narrowbody 997", then on to Stacy where it was tweaked for even greater power and reliability, and now on to me. There is one significant mod that I have that Stacy didn't: a LWFW. If he got 401 net RWHP measured via Gtech, I hope to achieve 5-6% greater (20-25 RWHP) as I've got less drivetrain loss. I'll be using a dyno for before and afters, but relying on the same G-Tech that Stacy uses.

Why are we doing this? Same reason Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzig Norgay took their first steps up a mountain: "Because it was there." So I've quoted Jeff Spicoli and Sir Edmund Hillary in one post? That's rep point, right there!

Let the wild rumpus start!
CATTMAN

Last edited by Cattman; 12-13-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:16 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
First of all I have NO mechanic skills at all until I started the SC install!
Seriously,I didn't!
I learnt to work with fiberglass by trial and error and same for the supercharger install.
And now I have managed to design my own bodykit for a couple of cars and also managed to get my 997 S' power to perform above average(with some knowledge from fellow members)!
So I think with a bit of time and help you too will get through the install.
I am labelling everything as I am pulling it out for you and including the "special" tools I have made to make the install just a bit easier!!

Here is where I am at NOW,LOL.......

Last edited by justatoy; 01-26-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:21 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman
It's official: Stacy and I are nuts.

He's removing his SC and sending it to me so I can perform another DIY install on it. I have no idea where this will lead, but it promises to be interesting, as I am not nearly as handy as Stacy. But hey, to quote Fast Times at Ridgemont High, "My Dad's a TV repairman, he's got a wicked set of tools."

Anyway, hoping I can live up to this SC's lineage: it started out in BlaktOut's Excellence Shoot-Out Winning Cover Car, "Fastest narrowbody 997", then on to Stacy where it was tweaked for even greater power and reliability, and now on to me. There is one significant mod that I have that Stacy didn't: a LWFW. If he got 401 net RWHP measured via Gtech, I hope to achieve 5-6% greater (20-25 RWHP) as I've got less drivetrain loss. I'll be using a dyno for before and afters, but relying on the same G-Tech that Stacy uses.

Why are we doing this? Same reason Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzig Norgay took their first steps up a mountain: "Because it was there." So I've quoted Jeff Spicoli and Sir Edmund Hillary in one post? That's rep point, right there!

Let the wild rumpus start!
CATTMAN

John,

Congrats......im sure Stacy will make the install as smooth as possible!
This guy is unreal.....as we speak he is strippin the car, Pm'ing me, and posting the strip on thread......THAT MY FRIEND IS MULTI TASKING!!

Jim

Last edited by jjc4scab; 12-13-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:26 PM
w00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to beholdw00zie is a splendid one to behold
Good luck John!

Looking forward to hearing about the adventures! (with pictures)

Old 12-13-2009, 07:32 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
John,

This guy is unreal.....as we speak he is strippin the car, Pm'ing me, and posting the strip on thread......THAT MY FRIEND IS MULTI TASKING!!

Jim
I think Stacy has ADD. He has to mulit-task to avoid boredom. Or maybe he's just nuts.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I think Stacy will have everything (other than the IC lines) out in a total of 6 hours. Brings me back to some of my DIY's: what took my 4 hrs the first time, took 30 mins the next. I guess that's what defines the learning process. Too bad I can't do a mind meld on this.

Who lives near ATL who can loan me a car for a few weeks? No, seriously!
CATTMAN

Old 12-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I think Stacy has ADD. He has to mulit-task to avoid boredom. Or maybe he's just nuts.
At least I'm in good company
CATTMAN

Old 12-13-2009, 07:35 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !

I call him my OCD boy! Gotta luv him 2 death.....seriously

Jim

Old 12-13-2009, 07:40 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I thought you were looking for a new steering wheel to cure your search for new excitement in your car! You missed that by several grand! Hats off to you, more ambition than I have. Good luck with the project and look forward to reading the reports.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:50 PM
In all honesty, the only reason I'd take this on (or even do an SC) is that I've known Stacy (via email and cell) for a year, during which time he's been my lifeline during many mods. Frankly, I am more comfortable buying used from him (and Jared), than new elsewhere, because of how much he cares. I would not be shocked if he factored in the cost of a roundtrip flight from Canada to Atlanta to be here when it's done, or if I hit a major snag midway.

Add to that: during removal he's labeling everything so it's idiot proof, and he's loaning me some of the special tools he created, and we're swapping some parts to get him back to stock. And he's including all the different pulleys, and the IC brackets, the oil catch can, etc.

I feel like this particular SC is Man-o-War, Seabiscuit, or Secretariat: it's got serious bloodlines. Everyone here knows BlaktOut. And everyone knows Stacy. It's an honor to attempt to carry on that tradition, and to have my car infused with their blood. I'm committed to up the ante: maybe a video DIY, or a dedicated site with a live webcam?
CATTMAN

Old 12-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Stacy,

dont u have that thing out yet......ROFL

Old 12-13-2009, 07:54 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Stacy,

dont u have that thing out yet......ROFL
I actually just came back up from the garage,was thinking of finishing it off tonight BUT tomorrow is a new day.....besides I haven't seen a penny,LOL(just kidding)!!!!

I think I need a relaxing night tonight!

Stacy

PS it will be out by the end of the week.

Last edited by justatoy; 12-13-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by justatoy
.....besides I haven't seen a penny
You're right! Reminds me of a joke about 2 scientists, a Russian and a Czech, in Yellowstone studying grizzly bears. After they both disappear, searchers find a femal Grizzly who looks very full. They catch her and cut her open, and find the Russian scientist. Means only one thing: the Czech is in the male.

Hardy, har, har!
CATTMAN

Old 12-13-2009, 08:58 PM
ervjohns is infamous around these parts
HA,

Another car talk listener :-)

Old 12-13-2009, 10:25 PM
John,

Congrats......im sure Stacy will make the install as smooth as possible!

Jim
LOL......same as I did the install.Wrenching,on the phone and PMing,LOL!
It got done and I guess now IT IS done!

I think Stacy has ADD. He has to multi-task to avoid boredom. Or maybe he's just nuts.
Both Ken,as you know!
And I thought I was going to have a relaxing winter!
I am happy/surprised my wife enjoys me doing this stuff!,otherwise I would have been divorced long ago!

I call him my OCD boy! Gotta luv him 2 death.....seriously

Jim
And you know my name for you!
Thanks,I am glad you are entertained by my disease!

Stacy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Sequel: SC install, DIY, Justatoy to Cattman