997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GT3 Bumper .. screens? carbon fiber smile?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 05:19 PM
patrija is infamous around these parts
Car was dropped off this afternoon for the GT3 bumper install. Hope to have it back Friday!

Old 12-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Any experts on radar / laser detectors? I have the 9500ci system and am wondering if placing the laser shifters behind the metal screen will interfere with detection or shifting. Any guesses? Maybe I should have the screens cut around the detector and shifters???

Old 12-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Where in ATL are you having the bumper done? If you do get screens, you will need to cut around the jammers. This is all best done with the bumper off, so before the shop mounts it.
CATTMAN

Old 12-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Judging by the way you pose the question, I presume you're trying to lead the witness. I was actually quite careful with my words in saying that it provides additional cooling headroom which is irrefutable.
In general, the car does not need the third radiator as far as I know - unless it's frequently in hot climates, while in stop and go conditions, with air conditioning running, and perhaps other mods adding more power and heat to the engine compartment.
But clearly, like virtually every mod that many of us add to the car, it is not needed.

Originally Posted by Cattman
What leads you to believe that a non-FI 997 needs additional cooling? These cars are engineered (and proven) to withstand anything we can dish out, in just about any conditions.
CATTMAN

Old 12-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Definitely get the screens. As a few people have mentioned, you'll be amazed at how much garbage and road debris will get stuck in there without the screens' protection.
+1

We install MANY GT3 bumpers, we cut out our own screens and we recommend them as well.

-Nathan

Old 12-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Cattman
Where in ATL are you having the bumper done? If you do get screens, you will need to cut around the jammers. This is all best done with the bumper off, so before the shop mounts it.
CATTMAN
Insurance is covering it, so I am just having Jim Ellis Porsche do it for me.

Actually, relooking at the bumper, the jammer and detector will be in front of the grille. The grilles are mounted on the back side of the bumper.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Verde
Judging by the way you pose the question, I presume you're trying to lead the witness. I was actually quite careful with my words in saying that it provides additional cooling headroom which is irrefutable.
In general, the car does not need the third radiator as far as I know - unless it's frequently in hot climates, while in stop and go conditions, with air conditioning running, and perhaps other mods adding more power and heat to the engine compartment.
But clearly, like virtually every mod that many of us add to the car, it is not needed.

Didn't meant to lead anyone, just wanted to know what specific knowledge exists to validate the claim. Yes, a 3rd rad would add more cooling headroom. So would a 4th and a 5th and a 6th. The Veyron has I believe 12 radiators. I live in ATL, drive in stop and go, AC on, with power mods, and my standard 2 rads have been no problem at all.

I am about to add an SC, and the required 3rd rad for the intercooler, so if you had any specific info I was eager to hear what it was, as I am cautious. However, if all you're saying is that more radiators add more cooling, sure. That's all
CATTMAN

Old 12-15-2009, 10:41 AM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
GT3 bumpers for C4S model.

Patrija, Please clarify for me. From your post I understand you are adding a GT3 front bumper to a 997.1 C4S. Is the bumper a direct bolt on to the car or are modifications reqired. I thought the GT3 was based on the narrow body cars. I have a 997.2 C4S and would like to add a GT3 front and rear bumper with wing. Will they fit on my car as a "bolt on" with minimal modifications?
Appreciate any input from members or suppliers.
thanks.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by SKYKING
Patrija, Please clarify for me. From your post I understand you are adding a GT3 front bumper to a 997.1 C4S. Is the bumper a direct bolt on to the car or are modifications reqired. I thought the GT3 was based on the narrow body cars. I have a 997.2 C4S and would like to add a GT3 front and rear bumper with wing. Will they fit on my car as a "bolt on" with minimal modifications?
Appreciate any input from members or suppliers.
thanks.

The difference between narrow bodies vs. wide bodies is in the rear, and begins at the B paller, back. It's the rear width that defines it as either narrow or wide.
CATTMAN

Old 12-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Pics of the new bumper. Sorry for the crappy iPhone camera.
I love it!!

Attached Images   
Old 12-19-2009, 02:43 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Looks really great. I have wanted to do this for such a long time.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:40 AM
madporsche85 is infamous around these parts
Looks great! Where did you get the gt3 front bumper?

Old 12-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Kurt RSF is infamous around these parts
I believe I still have a GT3 center vent in CF as well as the bumper screens, brand-new Porsche parts, never installed. I bought them for a 2007 GT3RS but never installed them. Bought them from Gert @ Carnewal.

I'd be happy to sell them. I need to see if I can find the box in my garage.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
You have a few options on screens:

Option 1: Cup Car screens which are in my opinion much better looking as they have a 3 dimensional look and are factory pieces.

6 speed online price $ 516.00 IN STOCK

Here is the link on our site…

Option 2: Flat mesh that installs behind the inlets, available in silver or black. It is a clean look but will cost more in labor to install as it can be a pain to get the bumper cover back on with the mesh behind the inlets.

6 speed online price $ 236.00 IN STOCK.

Here is the link on our site…

If you need to replace the chin spoiler it is a simple install and here are a few options:

Cup spoiler without airducts $ 176.00 IN STOCK

Cup spoiler with air ducts $ 195.00 IN STOCK

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net