997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How do people feel about parking their 911 at work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:47 PM
mact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of light
nevermind..Im getting way off topic

Last edited by mact3333; 12-17-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:33 PM
ervjohns is infamous around these parts
What does the Fed have to do with where you park your car at work?

Old 12-17-2009, 04:40 PM
mact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ervjohns

for right now it doesnt, but you will find out soon enough it will...dont have time to explain it ya though......just watch, in a few yrs, not only will you worry about where you park your Porsche but you will also be concerned when/where you drive it...but hey Im a big picture type of person...its all fun and games til someone loses an eye......hope you remember this post a few yrs from now, then you will understand.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah ? Well I was worrying about where to park my Porsche, Global Warming, Global Cooling, Mega Sunamis /Comets / Volcanos / Hurricanes , the depletion of the Ozone layer, fossil fuels, drinking water, food supply, clean air, the H1N1 virus, Hepatitus B, MS, AS, and BS. (To name a few things.) Now I got to worry about the zeros in the money supply not being real and losing an eye. Good thing I have my Porsche to drive to get my mind of all this stuff.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:49 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
Mact3333--

You are implying that you expect some sort of crisis in a few years. With your discussion earlier about the Fed, I'm assuming you are anticipating a currency crisis....the collapse of the U.S. dollar....correct?
If this is indeed your worry, then perhaps the time to get that Porsche is NOW
...while the U.S. dollar has value! Fine European goods could then become far more expensive and almost unattainable for most..Even better, finance the car at the current 1.9% for 5 years, paying it back with increasingly worthless dollars!

Old 12-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Rodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really nice
I have a DD apart from my Porsche. When I had my 40th anni - I'd drive it to work once in a while. Drove the DD more often.

With my 997.2 C2S its so easy to DD that I almost dont want to not drive it. When I got the 997.2 in Sept, I have really kept it on the down low. While I'm not ashamed of it, there are many people suffering in this economy. Most people think I still have the "older" one only.

Over time, it will come out. I dont drive it to clients. But most people that I work with know that I love Porsche's. Its a passion and something I want for me. Porsche's arent really that flashy any ways in LA - I go and get groceries in it etc. Thats one of the reasons I dont want a Ferrari (at least not now ).. My buddy bought a 360 Spider that cost about the same as my Porsche but he gets all kind of crazy attention - not for me.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Howie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to behold
I agree with the person who says "wear your porsche" or something to that effect.

If you appear to be a HUGE FAN of Porsche, like it was your favourite sports team, people will naturally see you to eventually buying a Porsche. They'll ignore considerations of whether you can actually afford it or not, for whether it was "the right" priority, because you're a Porsche fanatic!

Old 12-18-2009, 12:38 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ervjohns
Nothing.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:55 AM
sajidveera is infamous around these parts
Ive wanted a 911 since I was 6 years old,the first time I ever saw a dark green one, had to work my *** off until now and took 31 years to be able to buy one, and so I drive it like its my reward for the work and the tenacity Ive put in thus far.....having said that , I was at the yogurt shop with my 18 month old daughter (driving my 03 Turbo Jetta Wagon) and one of my customers literally elbows me in the ribs and says ,"business must be good, I see you tooling around town in your 911", I simply said "Ive wanted one of those since I was 6 years old and had to wait 31 years to get it "......DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT GUYS !

Old 12-18-2009, 07:44 AM
JohnAMG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sajidveera
***one of my customers literally elbows me in the ribs and says ,"business must be good, I see you tooling around town in your 911", I simply said "Ive wanted one of those since I was 6 years old and had to wait 31 years to get it "......DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT GUYS !
I feel no guilt for having 911 as my DD and park every where except Walmart I don't rob banks and I don't show off. I make my living honestly and never rip off my patients. And lastly I take care of my family first before my car. If people don't like me driving a 911 then they can kiss my Chinese a**

John

Old 12-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Cayman S 2009 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JohnAMG
I feel no guilt for having 911 as my DD and park every where except Walmart I don't rob banks and I don't show off. I make my living honestly and never rip off my patients. And lastly I take care of my family first before my car. If people don't like me driving a 911 then they can kiss my Chinese a**

John
I drive my car to work whenever I feel I like it. No guilt at all. I don't show off, that's why I hate being in the everyday Holland Tunnel traffic. My car (and me) is like standing still in the auto show for people.
Hey John, I definitely have no problem for your 911.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:06 AM
sajidveera is infamous around these parts
BTW, people reading this thread should really read this book called "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand, just going on a limb here, but I think at least 50% of the folks have already read it !

Old 12-19-2009, 12:41 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stevepow
... I worked for a guy who had a 959 at one point. I'm pretty sure everyone that worked for him thought he was a cool guy - no envy or jealousy that I ever saw - and probably only the car heads there even gave that 959 a thought. (Of course he didn't drive it - laws being as they were - drove something mundane like a Lexus...)...
Was that Bill? billg?

Old 12-19-2009, 10:32 AM
EJ-997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sajidveera
BTW, people reading this thread should really read this book called "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand, just going on a limb here, but I think at least 50% of the folks have already read it !
If you read that book you will be hooked and then want to read everything she wrote. And then you will understand everything and everyone and there will be nothing that you don't know.

She says her philosophy "is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute." That describes a Porsche owner's philosophy.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by hockeyguy4u
Mact3333--

You are implying that you expect some sort of crisis in a few years. With your discussion earlier about the Fed, I'm assuming you are anticipating a currency crisis....the collapse of the U.S. dollar....correct?
If this is indeed your worry, then perhaps the time to get that Porsche is NOW
...while the U.S. dollar has value! Fine European goods could then become far more expensive and almost unattainable for most..Even better, finance the car at the current 1.9% for 5 years, paying it back with increasingly worthless dollars!
The dollar will rally right now for awhile as its very oversold...but then it will cont its decline...typically stock mkt and oil goes up when dollar goes down but at some point when foreigners lose faith in our ability to pay back our debt this inverse relationship will uncouple and all asset classes will go down all at once except gold that is...you have been warned!....

The currency crisis should come within 2-3 yrs imho.

Yeah buying a Porsche and making minimum payments and putting rest of money into physical gold and when gold goes parabolic a few yrs from now you can pay back your loan with devalued dollars...you would be getting the car for maybe 1/2 off.

But by then dont worry about your car, you will think only 3 things, safety(guns), gold and food/water....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How do people feel about parking their 911 at work?