997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Wheels on your 997?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 11:19 AM
drkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to all
Wheels on your 997?

My C2S has the 19" stock sport wheels on it. I am thinking about upgrading to a new set (possibly something black) and I wanted to ask the forum what wheels do you have on your 997? 19" or 20" wheels? Does upgrading to the 20" change the ride of your 997? I'd love to see any pictures of 997's with custom wheels to get an idea of all the different options.

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Old 12-20-2009, 11:26 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have a set of the sport design wheels that have been painted black, looks great IMO. A lot cheaper then an extra set of wheels. If you are still looking for something different after that, then you can buy something else.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:39 AM
drkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to all
Any special kind of paint (looks like you have flat black)? Are there a lot of places around that can do this? No issues with the paint flaking off? I see your pictures and the black makes the sports wheels look a lot different (in a good way). I guess you could also have them powder coated.....

Old 12-20-2009, 12:22 PM
08-911-C4S is infamous around these parts
Hey drkside,
I just had a set of stock wheels proffessionaly painted. They are a very deep metallic gray, but in the dark they look black to give you an idea. The cost to have them painted was approx $550 for the set. I have a very good paint guy in the SF Bay Area that can hook you up.

Last edited by 08-911-C4S; 12-20-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:26 PM
looks very nice! Who did the work in the Bay area?

Old 12-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Ken,

Great look! I like the Carrera S II wheel look, especially in black. Center cap looks good too. Good work.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 12-20-2009, 12:34 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
My wheels are painted gloss Black with a little bit of metallic in the mix. If done right, the paint won't come off. Get a reputable shop to do the work, they will look perfect if done right.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:35 PM
08-911-C4S is infamous around these parts
RJ's Paint Shop. The shop is located in Pleasanton on Old Santa Rita Rd. (925) 730-4911 ask for RJ (Ryan). He also painted a GT3 front nose for my 2005 Carrera that came out perfect.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:37 PM
BTW I also have a set of Volks that are Matte Black, the different finish gives the car a totally different look, more of a track look. The gloss looks more friendlier then the matte, but the look is much more aggressive or menacing then the silver wheels (which I also have).

Old 12-20-2009, 12:38 PM
schwartzwest is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan
My wheels are painted gloss Black with a little bit of metallic in the mix. If done right, the paint won't come off. Get a reputable shop to do the work, they will look perfect if done right.
Hey NorthVan-
Who painted your wheels? Panther?

Old 12-20-2009, 03:51 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Techart GTS....refinised to desired color.....wife's car.
The idea w/all mods all around was to make it pretty.....nothing else.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
^^ and that it is indeed.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by schwartzwest
Hey NorthVan-
Who painted your wheels? Panther?
Yes, they have some cool paints, a friend has a black chrome. Check out there website.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:57 PM
any other custom wheel options?

Old 12-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Site Sponsor
AndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to beholdAndreWB is a splendid one to behold
Here are a couple we did a while back:

HRE P43 20x9 & 20x11 Two tone

HRE P47 20x9 & 20x11 Gloss Black

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheels on your 997?