997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Updated photos with some New Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
dnewc2s: The previous owner had the center console painted, I'm not sure who he used for the work? I have dealt with Eric at Bumperplugs.com on several other items though. I would highly recommend you contact him for your painting work, he is top notch!

AJag: So far so good with the Lloyd mats! The clips have held up fine, no other issues. If the clips ever became a problem, I will simply attach some heavy duty Velcro to the bottom of the mats and call it a day.

summoboy: Thanks John, your Turbo also looks fantatic hitting those twisties!

geestyleed & pic9809: Thanks for compliments guys, I appreciate it!

Jay

Old 01-08-2010, 07:12 AM
dlarigos is infamous around these parts
Amasing Colour coordinations!! I love the rear red lights with the red emblem!! Looks amasing man!!!

Congrats! ...

Old 01-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dlarigos
Amasing Colour coordinations!! I love the rear red lights with the red emblem!! Looks amasing man!!!

Congrats! ...
Thanks for the compliments dlarigos, glad you enjoyed the photos!

Jay

Old 01-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Porsche-Insider is infamous around these parts
Great job on the car, Jay. Probably the best looking Carrera S I´ve seen so far.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Porsche-Insider
Great job on the car, Jay. Probably the best looking Carrera S I´ve seen so far.
Coming from a guy who lives in Stuttgart, I will absolutely take the compliment!

Thanks!

Jay

Old 01-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Sanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond repute
love everything but that rear diffuser, looks tacked on.
add a aero wing , drop the diffuser and it's got my vote, but heck it's your car so enjoy it

Old 01-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Jay Jones
Coming from a guy who lives in Stuttgart, I will absolutely take the compliment!

Thanks!

Jay
Youre welcome ;-) Right, a lot of Carreras driving around here. Many, if not most, of them are Porsche employees though and they are not that much into modifying it. Only if you step right into Stuttgart City at Saturday night you find some of the tuned Porsches, many Techart and Gemballa, and most other exotics.

By the way, I agree to Sanders, a decent spoiler would match the front very good, imo.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:37 PM
hartar197 is infamous around these parts
Very nice carbon mirror

Old 01-09-2010, 02:56 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porsche-Insider
Youre welcome ;-) Right, a lot of Carreras driving around here. Many, if not most, of them are Porsche employees though and they are not that much into modifying it. Only if you step right into Stuttgart City at Saturday night you find some of the tuned Porsches, many Techart and Gemballa, and most other exotics.

By the way, I agree to Sanders, a decent spoiler would match the front very good, imo.
I experienced the opposite when in Stuttgart for a few days. Modded P Cars all over the place! It was like heaven on earth....but maybe i was just lucky?

Downtown was def the place to spot them - although Ludwigsburg is where i stayed and i saw many there too!

/on topic

LOVE this car. Keep up the good work!

Old 01-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
I experienced the opposite when in Stuttgart for a few days. Modded P Cars all over the place! It was like heaven on earth....but maybe i was just lucky?

Downtown was def the place to spot them - although Ludwigsburg is where i stayed and i saw many there too!
No, youre totally right. Its because I dont live in the center of Stuttgart. Downtown is where you find all the modded ones. Porsche has three main locations around Stuttgart, production in Zuffenhausen (close to Ludwigsburg), all marketing and selling in Ludwigsburg and developement and motorsports in Weissach. Thats where you find the most Porsches. To complete that list theres Leipzig, in the east of Germany where Panameras and Cayennes are produced.

Btt, though, maybe open an own thread with experiences. ;D

Old 01-10-2010, 10:19 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Nice job Jay. Thanks for sharing your pics and info. And your great garage pkg. is reminding me of my 2010 project list again... (wife says I have to make a decent home for my next Pcar first)