997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Question about PIWI options for the 997.2 (any techs here?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:10 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Question about PIWI options for the 997.2 (any techs here?)

Problem 1: Buttons and heat on my newly installed 2010 3 spoke sport wheel multifunction w/heat from the dealer retrofited to my 09' don't work.

Problem 2: Set of 2009+ TPMS sensors from dealer didn't gel with the car. Central readout now says: "new wheels? Input new TPM settings".

I suspect the same issue is contributing to both problems based on this: 1. Suncoast says 997.2 steering wheels don't use modules and wiring harnesses at all. Once installed, the wheel need only be properly activated in PIWI. So the wheel problem seems rooted in PIWI. 2. After the wheel was installed I lost the "audio" menu on the central display menu operated via the stalk on the bottom left. I have gone though the various menus for the central display and haven't been able to get the audio menu back. 3. After the last trip to the dealer when they installed the new TMPS sensors, the TPM menu is gone from the central display! So when the error message appears "update settings" you push the stalk forward and there is no TPM menu! I suspect all these problems are PIWI related.

My dealer is sending a service request memo to Porsche. They have been very diligent about this.

Has anyone experienced menu items disappearing off the central display after a service?? If yes, result?

You read about aftermarket ECU software and they say they will read your factory settings off the OBD. So, doesn't porsche have, or offer, OEM data files on a car by VIN? If so, I think my car needs a reboot.

Thanks for any help.
Happy Holidays all,
David

Last edited by drspeed; 12-21-2009 at 04:14 PM.