997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Pic Request - Anyone with the Silver colored highlights on the side mirrors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 04:00 PM
jimny is infamous around these parts
Pic Request - Anyone with the Silver colored highlights on the side mirrors?

It looks like it would be a nice touch. Adds a bit of accent to the car. Anyone with this option have any full view pictures of the car? Show it off and post as many as you got. I personally think it would be a nice touch but would like to see it in full view of the car.

TIA!

Here is a pic of it

http://www.e-partssales.com/miva/gra...IRRORBLADE.jpg

Last edited by jimny; 12-22-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:41 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
So there are silver highlights for black cars, and carbon fiber "highlights" for light colored cars?

Old 12-23-2009, 08:42 AM
jimny is infamous around these parts
These are snap on accessories that you can buy. I am sure there are CF ones out there in the aftermarket. However, from Porsche, the silver ones are it.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:30 AM
geestyleed is infamous around these parts
My bosses 911 has these. It looks really nice. Unfortunately the car isnt here right now, so I cant post any pictures. Perhaps I get the chance after christmas.

I think this option comes also with aluminium handbrake and shifter?!

Anyway. His car is black with these silver side mirrors, aluminium handbrake, shifter and grey seat belts.

Originally Posted by keninirvine
So there are silver highlights for black cars, and carbon fiber "highlights" for light colored cars?
Mh I wont say so. Ok you wont see the CF that clear on black cars, but I think it also makes a nice touch. I want to get some CF stuff for my black car e.g. sidemirror, rear bumper lip and aero/gt3 frontbumper with carbon lip.

Last edited by geestyleed; 12-23-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:38 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keninirvine
it is probably a matter of taste but imho carbon fiber on silver car looks very ugly. On inside parts with black interior CF blends in so-so and may be used, but outside, next to silver - no, it`s not for me.

White and black looks quite nice next to each other, so may be white and CF exterior accents will look OK too.

What I like next to silver is matte silver graphite or dark grey titanium.