997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My first Porsche!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Atxjaz is infamous around these parts
My first Porsche!

Got myself an '05 C2 today! Wouldn't you know it, I'm driving up to take delivery on the car and it starts snowing. In Dallas. Luckily there wasn't any snow sticking to the ground so it didn't affect the drive, it just put a little ice on my rearview mirrors. The 3 hour drive back home was a pleasure.

On my list of things to do:
1. Smoked or clear corners (the car is black, which would you choose?)
2. Tint (and maybe clear bra) - Can anybody recommend a good tint shop in Austin, TX?
3. JCS front plate bracket

I'll put some pics up later on when the weather clears up, but here's one from the dealer. Now, I'm gonna go set up a chair in the garage and stare.

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
1.bmp (900.1 KB, 320 views)
Old 12-24-2009, 07:17 PM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
smoked corners on black. Definitely tint

My 05 Carrera has been flawless

Old 12-24-2009, 07:18 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Atxjaz
Got myself an '05 C2 today! Wouldn't you know it, I'm driving up to take delivery on the car and it starts snowing. In Dallas. Luckily there wasn't any snow sticking to the ground so it didn't affect the drive, it just put a little ice on my rearview mirrors. The 3 hour drive back home was a pleasure.

2. Tint (and maybe clear bra) - Can anybody recommend a good tint shop in Austin, TX?

I'll put some pics up later on when the weather clears up, but here's one from the dealer. Now, I'm gonna go set up a chair in the garage and stare.
sharp....enjoy...

Old 12-24-2009, 07:33 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Atxjaz

Congrats on your purchase!
Drive it a little before starting modding it.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Ahmet is infamous around these parts
I agree, the car's very nice and I'd start enjoying it a bit before modding...

Old 12-25-2009, 01:00 AM
Atxjaz is infamous around these parts
Cool

Thanks guys! Yeah, I think I'll wait until spring before I do the tint and corners. I'm actually gonna see how long I can last without a front plate too.

I just went out for a late night spin on some empty roads and

Merry Christmas everybody

Old 12-25-2009, 01:27 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Congrats on the car !!!
The questions asked boil down to personal taste but as long as you asked for an opinion (and mine happens to save you money )... all I would do is the clear markers . My modifying strategy may differ from yours in that I place all the performance parts first before going too deep into aesthetics . Others opt to do the cosmetic upgrades first and as long as you are enjoying every minute of that car .. the order does not matter one bit.

Enjoy!!!

Old 12-25-2009, 01:47 AM
conscom is infamous around these parts
Cool

Congrats and enjoy! My first Porsche is a '07 997S and I started modding it right at the get go. Clear side markers and rear TA Type 1 spoiler. Front plate mounting is from Skene Design. See my pix on "Front Number Plate..."

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Old 12-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Dunit is infamous around these partsDunit is infamous around these parts
Congrats... Mod away.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:18 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
nice. Also I see you purchased the car from Parkplace. I've had good experience w/ them. Enjoy.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:39 AM
C2Spin is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! My personal preference is clears side markers.

Enjoy and good luck!!

Old 12-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I'd have to agree. Of course there's no right or wrong here, but there's a lot of untapped performance (particularly handling) in these cars if that's what interests you. I focused on suspension, intake and exhaust systems. The results have been outstanding.
I took the car out for a short ride last night and realized how outstanding it all came together. In that context, if I had to do it all over again, I suspect the three most important parts are: coilovers, EVOMS CAI, and Fabspeed x-pipe (which has been an incredible mod).
GL and happy holidays.
V

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Congrats on the car !!!
The questions asked boil down to personal taste but as long as you asked for an opinion (and mine happens to save you money )... all I would do is the clear markers . My modifying strategy may differ from yours in that I place all the performance parts first before going too deep into aesthetics . Others opt to do the cosmetic upgrades first and as long as you are enjoying every minute of that car .. the order does not matter one bit.

Enjoy!!!

Old 12-25-2009, 09:29 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Verde
I'd have to agree. Of course there's no right or wrong here, but there's a lot of untapped performance (particularly handling) in these cars if that's what interests you. I focused on suspension, intake and exhaust systems. The results have been outstanding.
I took the car out for a short ride last night and realized how outstanding it all came together. In that context, if I had to do it all over again, I suspect the three most important parts are: coilovers, EVOMS CAI, and Fabspeed x-pipe (which has been an incredible mod).
GL and happy holidays.
V
My wife keeps torturing me over exhaust - she thinks it is way too loud. May be I will have to cut off sides from x-pipe and mount back stock mufflers... Do you run stock mufflers or fabspeed maxflos?
If stock - how much louder your car became with x-pipe? I just hate the idea of ruining current perfect setup just to find out that stock mufflers do not really reduce sound significantly. I like it the way it is now, but, well.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations on your new baby, enjoy!!

Jay

Old 12-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Fas1 is infamous around these partsFas1 is infamous around these parts
Congrats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My first Porsche!