997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

C4S - Lower Control Arms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 06:03 PM
luketheshep is infamous around these parts
C4S - Lower Control Arms

Hi guys,

I want to change the stock lower control arms along with the trailing arms for GT3. From doing many searches of multiple threads, I have chosen this route instead of using washers, cup arms, etc. One question I have that I cant seem to find the answer for is,

Are the Carrera 4S the same as the 2 wheel drive versions?

From the part on Suncoast's site, it shows that the part is for 2 wheel drive versions only. I will will reach out them as well and post any info that may benefit other C4 drivers in the future.

http://www.e-partssales.com/miva/mer...ry_Code=997sus

Old 12-28-2009, 04:41 PM
luketheshep is infamous around these parts
Suncoast replied to me promptly with very useful info - their response via email is summarized below. this may be some use to C4 drivers. Please let me know if there are any other options. I will most likely go for 996 GT3 LCA's and trailing arms to avoide spacers.

"Yes the control arm kit is out of the 996. We can get them out of the 997 but is twice the price for just the control arms. The 996 control arm is a more streetable than the 997 control arm because of a softer bushing.

The C4 will fit the control arm kit front and rear. At one point in time we were not sure if it fit the wide body cars. The description has never been updated.

Some customers change the trailing arms.

Some fabricate a spacer to fit there current trailing arm. The 997 control arm is thicker than the 996, so one can still use there stock trailing arms.

Visit our website at www.SuncoastParts.com"

Old 12-28-2009, 05:51 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by luketheshep
Suncoast replied to me promptly with very useful info - their response via email is summarized below. this may be some use to C4 drivers. Please let me know if there are any other options. I will most likely go for 996 GT3 LCA's and trailing arms to avoide spacers.

"Yes the control arm kit is out of the 996. We can get them out of the 997 but is twice the price for just the control arms. The 996 control arm is a more streetable than the 997 control arm because of a softer bushing.

The C4 will fit the control arm kit front and rear. At one point in time we were not sure if it fit the wide body cars. The description has never been updated.

Some customers change the trailing arms.

Some fabricate a spacer to fit there current trailing arm. The 997 control arm is thicker than the 996, so one can still use there stock trailing arms.

Visit our website at www.SuncoastParts.com"
Double check with them if you`ll be able to mount xenon sensors on 996 LCA parts. I am not sure but I think I read somewhere that it may require something else down there to put those sensors on and it is 997 car specific. You will need custom trailing arms for sure.

I m doing right now upper GT3 mounts as its total price almost half way cheaper than GT3 LCA install but you get only -2 max camber with them compared to -3 with LCAs.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:50 PM
7Speed is infamous around these parts
You can use Tarret o RSS, RSS are sponsor on this forum I thing is a great way to upgrade your control arm's. the most important thing is the parts you use has to be TUV approved.

http://www.tarett.com/store.asp
http://rss.rpmware.com/

Good Luck

Old 12-28-2009, 07:33 PM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
Are the tarett and rss tuv approved?

Old 12-28-2009, 07:52 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Use GT3 CUP Lower Control arms with the Tarret part for the Xeons.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:54 AM
7Speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by atr911
Are the tarett and rss tuv approved?
I'm sure that tarret's are tuv approved, but not sure about the rss