997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Your suggestion is appreciated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:54 AM
princealidds is infamous around these parts
Question Your suggestion is appreciated

Hey guys,

Back in May 2009, I leased my 2008 C4S, from Porsche Beverly Hills, I got a great deal on the car, since it was sitting on the lot (only 23 miles). I put $2000 down, and now I'm paying $1450 total per month (this include the Safe Lease return). I have 12K/year, on a 3 year lease with Porsche financial. However, lately I'm thinking of returning the car, and getting an 08 Turbo, hoping that someone is returning their old Turbo for a 2010 model, so I might be able to get a good deal. I'm wondering what would happen with Porsche financial, switching my. I have never done this move, so I'm really curious to see what can be done? Is this even possible or I have to wait til end of my lease?

Your help is indeed appreciated

Thanks,

Old 12-29-2009, 02:52 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by princealidds
Hey guys,

Back in May 2009, I leased my 2008 C4S, from Porsche Beverly Hills, I got a great deal on the car, since it was sitting on the lot (only 23 miles). I put $2000 down, and now I'm paying $1450 total per month (this include the Safe Lease return). I have 12K/year, on a 3 year lease with Porsche financial. However, lately I'm thinking of returning the car, and getting an 08 Turbo, hoping that someone is returning their old Turbo for a 2010 model, so I might be able to get a good deal. I'm wondering what would happen with Porsche financial, switching my. I have never done this move, so I'm really curious to see what can be done? Is this even possible or I have to wait til end of my lease?

Thanks,
You are commited to the terms of the lease HOWEVER a dealership can buyout the car and you can pay the gap (between wholesale and the lease payoff) . I refuse to lease a car ever again BUT I have leased in the past and have traded in both cars early. One was a BMW and the other was a Mercedes and the terms of the lease made or broke the deal.

I do know someone who got out of a Turbo lease where the dealership paid off his car BUT they (the dealership) lost big on it when the economy as well as that Turbo market dropped .

Your 08 C4S wholesales in the mid to upper 50's. They may offer more to sweeten the deal but discount less on the Turbo. Look at the buyout . The gap would be added to the new car purchase .

Last edited by yrralis1; 12-29-2009 at 03:58 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:53 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Afterthought - You could pay off the car and try and sell it on your own . You will get more than what a dealership will offer but it also creates extra work for you.

You must realize that its going to be somewhat of a loss to get out of a lease only 7 months into it with over 2 years left but if you are ready to take the hit now it does save you from making payments on a car when you want a different car PLUS all the service for the next 2+ years .

Good luck.

Last edited by yrralis1; 12-29-2009 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:08 AM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by princealidds
Hey guys,

Thanks,
I hope the 2,000 down included the first month payment. Anyway, there is usually some benefits to leasing in house (ex. Porsche financial) sometimes a dealer might have a buyer for your car, or if there is a demand (not likely these days) he will take the car early if he can unload anther car on you. However, it is usually very, very difficult to terminate a lease early without paying quite a bit somewhere for it..either on the current lease car or the new one...the dealer will get you somewhere though! This is why I lease for 24 mo.....in and out quick.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:21 AM
elh0102 is infamous around these parts
Well, you are in the position of choosing how badly you will get screwed. But if you consider a great deal to be one in which you loose $54K in three years (your present situation), maybe you will find an acceptable option. Your least costly option would be to find someone willing to assume your lease (if the terms allow it); next best, to sell the car privately and pay off the lease. I'm sure I would consider the cost of the latter option unacceptable, but it is an option. This is the problem with leasing, you have very little flexibility without a high cost.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:27 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I would go talk to the dealer, going from one Porsche to another, and upgrading in the process is better then trying to walk from the car. It will come down to how motivated the dealer is to get a deal done.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Rodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really nice
It will cost you a lot. You will take a hit to get out of your current lease. Take your residual and add up the rest of the payments. Thats pretty much what you owe. What its worth will be less. That will be your hit - for the most part.

The "deal" you may get will be on the TT. Only benefit to you is that you want to stay with porsche so they may be willing to do something to make it "attractive" or easier - but thats really only based on their willingness to do the deal on the new car. GL.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Great thanks everyone for the input..... It does put it in perspective. I'll go talk to Porsche just to talk and see what they say. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, its beautiful & handles like no other..... But its the lack of power, I was contemplating a VF supercharger, but then at what cost to the wallet and the cars engine.....

Old 12-29-2009, 11:43 PM
raspritz is infamous around these partsraspritz is infamous around these parts
You feel that your C4S suffers from a lack of power in the context of street driving in Beverly Hills. What, pray tell, were you driving previously?

Old 12-30-2009, 12:00 AM
I had an 08 M5, with lots of aftermarket...... she was a beast, but the mpg killed me!!! We go to Willow Springs & other race events often...... Don' t worry I don' t go down Sunset at 100mph! I just missed hitting the gas and getting pushed back in the seat!

Old 12-30-2009, 12:28 AM
The number you need to look at is the payoff on your current car . That is the only thing which is not suject to change . You can negotiate trade in as well as the next car but both you and the dealership are going to be held to the lease buyout price no matter what.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:49 AM
sethm2 is infamous around these parts
comon no way

That is pretty funny the MPG killed me. You are looking at losing as much as
$30,000 and gas mileage is a concern? I really do not follow this logic all that well. Perhaps it is best summed up as you are bored with the C4s and want a TT. The word want costs $$ as we all know.

Have you driven the TT maybe not enough power for you?

Good luck

Perhaps a prius with a blower would be better.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:48 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sethm2
That is pretty funny the MPG killed me. You are looking at losing as much as
$30,000 and gas mileage is a concern? I really do not follow this logic all that well. Perhaps it is best summed up as you are bored with the C4s and want a TT. The word want costs $$ as we all know.

Have you driven the TT maybe not enough power for you?

Good luck

Perhaps a prius with a blower would be better.
...give the guy a brake.....

Old 12-30-2009, 06:51 AM
sethm2 is infamous around these parts
Just having a little fun...

Happy holidays to all

Old 12-30-2009, 07:19 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
You might try swapalease.com and find someone who's willing to assume your lease, then go lease the TT.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Your suggestion is appreciated