997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What could I use to polish the sills?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 05:51 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
What could I use to polish the sills?

Can I use regular paint polish? I think it's stainless. See pic.. Yeah, I need to take my own pics, but it's been raining everyday here and my car is filthy. These are the dealer pics from where I bought it in late Dec.

Attached Images  
Old 01-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
Use metal polish and polish with the "grain" for best results.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:10 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I would use a mild soap and water mix, and use a micro fibre cloth to clean it. Using a polish maybe a bit of over kill for just getting dirt off.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:12 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I do have a few tiny scratches as well. So, I may use try the metal polish.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:21 PM
EJ-997 is infamous around these parts
Which stainless polish do you use?

Old 01-03-2010, 04:33 PM
I haven't purchased one yet, but I have to go to the dealer tomorrow as they promised me a detail for free since it was raining when I bought it. I may ask them, but I have no idea which one to use right now.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:13 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Are they scratched? If so, see this:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ches-gone.html

Old 01-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Excellent! Thank you bbywu!