997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

SHould I clearbra?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 03:54 PM
drkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to all
everyone I speak to swears by Premier in the Bay area. They are high $$$ but worth every penny I am told. I have never heard a bad word about them ever!

Old 01-03-2010, 05:14 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drkside
everyone I speak to swears by Premier in the Bay area. They are high $$$ but worth every penny I am told. I have never heard a bad word about them ever!
You have not talked to enough people.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:42 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I have a ventureshield (not 3M) product on my wife's black MINI and my silver Porsche. I absolutely love it. It does not alter the look of the paint in my opinion especially if you take good care of it. If you have a very good installer you will not see any lines. I had the entire front fenders/hood done for $700.00 (just for your reference) and it was a job very well done. Just do a search on google under ventureshield vs 3M and looks like most car forums like the corvette, lexus and benz forums prefer ventureshield. Premier I believe uses Ventureshield and they have posted several pictures of their work for you to see in this forum. I would recommend you see the work of an installer before you have them do your car. A job badly done could turn out to be disastrous. But that does not mean you need to spend $$$$$..to get a really good install.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:19 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I had my done with Venture Shield. I don't believe it wears less well than something else. Very clear and no uneven finish, stretches, etc. I also disagree about doing it with a few chips. Yes the chips show a bit, but it will save you from getting more. They hardly show up and don't look worse than they would otherwise, i.e. no bubbles, etc. Pre cut clear bra probably saves a ton of money over a "custom" cut job. Granted, it will not be the perfect job you will get from Premier. If you are a perfectionist, you should go to them. Be sure to bring $2k with you. I had my bumper done as well and paid about the same as w00t. Just not worth it to pay more, IMHO.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kosmo69
The previous owner never bothered resulting in some mild to medium marks in the bumper. The Hood is good. Should I clearbra as is or respray & clearbra. The car is white so the marks arent noticeable unless youre close up. should i do the entire trunk? Also any recommended installers in the Dallas/Ft Worth area? thanks
Believe there is a site sponsor that might be in your area. Unsure of quality, but do guve them a call. Believe their name is Stuarts PNB.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 01-04-2010, 12:25 PM
EJ-997 is infamous around these parts
I have ventura sheild bra and I like it. Cost was about $650.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:43 AM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
I have full 3M front coverage (everything forward of the doors). I highly recommend getting the full hood done so you don't see the line. It cost me a grand for a perfect job.

I wouldn't recommend it for a white car, but for me it was necessary since I tend to tailgate people a lot.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JimGT3
Beg to differ on the choice here. I handle the claims division of a major insurance carrier and we've used just about everyone including the company you've named. In my opinion subpar to Premier. They had a 50% call back on customer dissatisfaction for the few supplemental claims. We now use Premier and have not had any customer complaints for the past 2 years. I've also used them for all of my cars and it looks much better than anything else I've encountered.
Thank you Jim. It is always a pleasure to service your vehicles!

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
conscom is infamous around these parts
Cool

Well, back to basic question - To clear bra or not to clear bra. I've been quoted $450 labour plus pre-cut material ($260 from InvisibleMask) for bumper, hood and side mirrors. Headlights and front parking/fog lights are an extra $40 material cost. Does that sound reasonable cost?
However, I've also been told by a certified 3M installer here that it will yellow in time and may not be recommended for a white car. The OEM clear film on the rear fenders yellowed noticeably in 2.5 years and had to be removed.
Any further comments to help me make a decision?

Old 01-05-2010, 08:07 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I don't know about the yellowing, but that seems like it could have been b/c it wasn't taken care of..I'm sure someone can comment on that part. However, I wouldn't use the precuts. It costs more to do the custom, but they tuck it in so you don't have seams show up around your headlights.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 PM
conscom is infamous around these parts
Cool

Thx Mike for your comments. Hope some others can comment as well on the yellowing. I agree with your comment on custom vs. pre-cut. From what I have read, the polyurethane film is supposed to be UV resistant to yellowing eg Venture Shield guarantees it not to yellow for life???

Old 01-06-2010, 10:19 AM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
it completely depends on the color of the car IMO. Seal gray works really well with a bra whereas white looks really noticeable.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:23 AM
JAYPOTML is infamous around these parts
WITHOUT A DOUBT YES!!!! protect your investment.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:22 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dcentric
it completely depends on the color of the car IMO. Seal gray works really well with a bra whereas white looks really noticeable.
My car is white. You cannot tell where the 3M film is. Watch out for other products...

Old 01-06-2010, 11:34 AM
EJ-997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by conscom
Thx Mike for your comments. Hope some others can comment as well on the yellowing. I agree with your comment on custom vs. pre-cut. From what I have read, the polyurethane film is supposed to be UV resistant to yellowing eg Venture Shield guarantees it not to yellow for life???
venturashield life time warrenty http://www.ventureshield.com/pdf/VSh...ranty_Card.pdf

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SHould I clearbra?