997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

SHould I clearbra?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:57 PM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
im not sure how to care for clearbra, but i am convinced it will generally yellow over time. take a look at a lot of the artic silver and white cars... the oem clear protection over the rear wheel wells is often starting to turn yellow.

that being said, over the years, products have improved substantially to the point i will consider it for future cars. the socal freeways i troll are often packed with suvs and trucks kicking up small rocks and debris. my lexus gs that had decent surface area on the front bumper looked like a pimply faced teenager after 2.5 years of commuting... the chips lowered my trade in value when i sold the car.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
You can have the clear bra done a couple of three times for for the cost of one front clip respray. Add to that the resale hit you take becasue the car has been painted and it's a no brainer. If it yellows have it removed and get it done again. The protection against stone chips is worth the investment in my opinion. But, it's won't cover up chips you've already got so if you're gona do it do it before you get your first chip ot you'll be kicking yourself in the @$$ for waiting.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:14 PM
drkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to all
I have it on my red 997 and it looks great. Almost impossible to see and I love the protection I get. I have the VentureShield and can't be happier. Everyone sings the praises of Premier here in the bay area, but I couldn't spend over $2k for their front end package. I did my homework and found a GREAT installer that has been doing install for over 4 years. Protect Clear Guard 209-948-1700 is yor best bet in this area for quality and a GREAT price. Zero razor marks and a perfect fit on my 997. Nick is the guy to call in my opinion.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:43 PM
conscom is infamous around these parts
Cool

Originally Posted by drkside
I have it on my red 997 and it looks great. Almost impossible to see and I love the protection I get. I have the VentureShield and can't be happier. Everyone sings the praises of Premier here in the bay area, but I couldn't spend over $2k for their front end package. I did my homework and found a GREAT installer that has been doing install for over 4 years. Protect Clear Guard 209-948-1700 is yor best bet in this area for quality and a GREAT price. Zero razor marks and a perfect fit on my 997. Nick is the guy to call in my opinion.
May I ask what it cost you and did you also do the hood and rear fenders?

Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 PM
drkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to all
The installer I used has been working directly with high end car deals for years. When the economy was good that was all he did. Now that high end car sales are down he has been doing private jobs. He is mobile, but has a tricked out van with this computer system that outputs the Ventureshield that is the exact fit for your car. Him being mobile was easy for me and kept the cost down to under $650 for the full front end. Absolutely perfect job! I did not do my rear fenders because they were already done.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:40 PM
conscom is infamous around these parts
Cool

Thanks for the great information. Will be looking to do mine as soon as weather warms up a bit.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:22 AM
skizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud of
There are a lot of people who are concerned about lines and so on. I was too when I decided to get the front of my car done. I am not sure I will regret my decision as right now, the car is not daily driven, but I had the entire front of the car done. Bumper, fenders, hood, mirrors. Of course like any install, there are very minor imperfections that you really have to look for to see. Because the company I went with used a precut kit, I think it came out pretty amazing. Most of the edges are tucked and with the exception of the front aero kit bumper cover, you see no lines. Probably not as top notch as Premier, but I live in Florida, they are on the other side of the country from me.

I just hope that in years from now, when the time comes to remove it and upgrade it to a new film, it is not going to be the most difficult thing in the world to take off.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skizot
There are a lot of people who are concerned about lines and so on. I was too when I decided to get the front of my car done. I am not sure I will regret my decision as right now, the car is not daily driven, but I had the entire front of the car done. Bumper, fenders, hood, mirrors. Of course like any install, there are very minor imperfections that you really have to look for to see. Because the company I went with used a precut kit, I think it came out pretty amazing. Most of the edges are tucked and with the exception of the front aero kit bumper cover, you see no lines. Probably not as top notch as Premier, but I live in Florida, they are on the other side of the country from me.

I just hope that in years from now, when the time comes to remove it and upgrade it to a new film, it is not going to be the most difficult thing in the world to take off.
Glad you were able to find someone. The newer generation films are not that tough to remove. Some of the older 1st and 2nd gen clear bras would break up in tiny pieces. You wouldn't have this problem. At least now, you can engine driving without cringing when you hear stuff pelting the front end.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 01-09-2010, 10:34 PM
wrasse is infamous around these parts
Make sure you go to a good shop, the first one did a crappy job, had to get it corrected at another, now looks great. Installer is key

Old 01-09-2010, 11:12 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I'm getting my front bumper, lights (and my stainless door sills) and hood done by Premier on the 20th. I'll let you know what I think of their work after it's done.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Fishhead is infamous around these parts
clearbra installer question

Any good installers in the long island region. Thx

Old 01-10-2010, 09:54 PM
HTP
HTP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adias
My car is white. You cannot tell where the 3M film is. Watch out for other products...
I can tell where you got your car done and what film you went with by your posts. I am sure that you are trying to promote your friends business... but to state he is the best in the business is a little over board. I can tell you from an installers point (been installing film for 7 years) of view that premier is THE best period. I have been all over the US for work and I have seen numerous installs by numerous companies. I have also had the privelage of seeing Premier's work first hand on multiple cars and it is the best I have seen. The guys who have been doing this for a long time know who the other good installers are around the country and this is the first time I have ever heard of your guy. So either he is pretty new to the industry or his reputation doesn't proceed him. And I have spent a lot of time in the Bay Area for work so I am sure I would have heard his name come up at least once.

As far as films go 3M is not the best out there. yes it is a good film but there are better films. 3M has a lot of orange peel in it and I would not consider ever putting it on a car unless the owner wasnt really concerned with the texture of the film. VentureShield Ultra is a better route to go IMHO and it has a lifetime warranty versus 3M's 5 year warranty. It doesnt have any orange peel to it and is more durable than the standard Venture film. I have heard good thing about the new Xpel film as well from numerous installers but cant speak to it yet since I havent personally installed it.

If I was a consumer in the L.A. area or the Bay area I wouldnt go any where else but Permier if I wanted it done right the first time. I would recomend you stop by their shop, pull your car in, and compare your vehicle against some of the ones they are working on. I would be willing to bet that you will have a change of heart once you see the quality of their work.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks
I can tell where you got your car done and what film you went with by your posts. I am sure that you are trying to promote your friends business... but to state he is the best in the business is a little over board. I can tell you from an installers point (been installing film for 7 years) of view that premier is THE best period. I have been all over the US for work and I have seen numerous installs by numerous companies. I have also had the privelage of seeing Premier's work first hand on multiple cars and it is the best I have seen. The guys who have been doing this for a long time know who the other good installers are around the country and this is the first time I have ever heard of your guy. So either he is pretty new to the industry or his reputation doesn't proceed him. And I have spent a lot of time in the Bay Area for work so I am sure I would have heard his name come up at least once.

As far as films go 3M is not the best out there. yes it is a good film but there are better films. 3M has a lot of orange peel in it and I would not consider ever putting it on a car unless the owner wasnt really concerned with the texture of the film. VentureShield Ultra is a better route to go IMHO and it has a lifetime warranty versus 3M's 5 year warranty. It doesnt have any orange peel to it and is more durable than the standard Venture film. I have heard good thing about the new Xpel film as well from numerous installers but cant speak to it yet since I havent personally installed it.

If I was a consumer in the L.A. area or the Bay area I wouldnt go any where else but Permier if I wanted it done right the first time. I would recomend you stop by their shop, pull your car in, and compare your vehicle against some of the ones they are working on. I would be willing to bet that you will have a change of heart once you see the quality of their work.
Thank you htp for the compliments. We also have never heard of this particular company before, but you never know.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com