997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

SHould I clearbra?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 07:03 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
SHould I clearbra?

The previous owner never bothered resulting in some mild to medium marks in the bumper. The Hood is good. Should I clearbra as is or respray & clearbra. The car is white so the marks arent noticeable unless youre close up. should i do the entire trunk? Also any recommended installers in the Dallas/Ft Worth area? thanks

Old 01-02-2010, 07:06 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Do not clearbra if it is not perfect. You would just preserve the chips and it will look bad. If you want to clearbra you should respray the bumper and let it cure for a month or longer before installing a clearbra. and if you go clearbra insist on 3M (not Venture) and a top installer.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:30 PM
drkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to alldrkside is a name known to all
what is the problem with the Venture film?

Old 01-02-2010, 07:35 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
youre prob right, but should I go ahead and do the hood 1st since its pretty good ? If so what do you think about doing the entire hood up to the windshield. I dont intend to do the wheel arches. tks

Old 01-02-2010, 08:24 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drkside
what is the problem with the Venture film?
The best film is 3M. All others are second tier. Venture looks very good when first installed, but it does not wear as well, and scuffs very easily.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:48 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Look into Premier since you're in the Bay area. They have a great reputation, but they are expensive.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
Look into Premier since you're in the Bay area. They have a great reputation, but they are expensive.
I do not think Premier installs 3M, do they?

The OP is in Dallas, but for SF Bay Area members I recommend Mariano at CS Specialties - 408-476-3332. There's no one better than him.

Last edited by adias; 01-02-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Unsure, but all the manufacturers of the clear material continually come out with new products (upgrades). From what I read and was told by some meticulous Porsche, BMW and other high end car owners is that the materials of the best manufacturers are very similar. I was told the installer is the thing to do right.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
Unsure, but all the manufacturers of the clear material continually come out with new products (upgrades). From what I read and was told by some meticulous Porsche, BMW and other high end car owners is that the materials of the best manufacturers are very similar. I was told the installer is the thing to do right.
The installer is key and Mariano - CS Specialties is the best there is. The material is important too, and 3M is the best there is.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:21 PM
PHDX2 is infamous around these partsPHDX2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kosmo69
...Also any recommended installers in the Dallas/Ft Worth area?
Check out Stuart's Paint & Body. Contact details are located in this site's vendor directory. Best of luck.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Anyway, KOSMO69, your question was should you clearbra. I intend to do it myself very soon. I would ask around and see how many votes you get for each installer, but I'm going with the one I have heard is the best from my research, which is Premier.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 01-03-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by PHDX2
Check out Stuart's Paint & Body. Contact details are located in this site's vendor directory. Best of luck.
thanks. I know these guys but never knew they did clearbra! tks

Old 01-03-2010, 08:29 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
I have never clear bra-ed a car. Hate the look of the lines and how it alters the look of the paint. To each his own, but there is no good value proposition there for me.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:12 PM
JimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the roughJimGT3 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by adias
I do not think Premier installs 3M, do they?

The OP is in Dallas, but for SF Bay Area members I recommend Mariano at CS Specialties - 408-476-3332. There's no one better than him.

Beg to differ on the choice here. I handle the claims division of a major insurance carrier and we've used just about everyone including the company you've named. In my opinion subpar to Premier. They had a 50% call back on customer dissatisfaction for the few supplemental claims. We now use Premier and have not had any customer complaints for the past 2 years. I've also used them for all of my cars and it looks much better than anything else I've encountered.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by JimGT3
Beg to differ on the choice here. I handle the claims division of a major insurance carrier and we've used just about everyone including the company you've named. In my opinion subpar to Premier. They had a 50% call back on customer dissatisfaction for the few supplemental claims. We now use Premier and have not had any customer complaints for the past 2 years. I've also used them for all of my cars and it looks much better than anything else I've encountered.
I disagree.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SHould I clearbra?