997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Currently stranded on the side of the road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:13 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to know that it was not something major.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:18 PM
zanwar is infamous around these partszanwar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adias
Global warming/climate change/man-made climate change will go down in history as the biggest hoax ever. The sad thing is we are all paying for it. How stupid/ignorant can the general public be?
Why is it a hoax? I've always considered the basic science to be quite reasonable.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:35 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zanwar
Why is it a hoax? I've always considered the basic science to be quite reasonable.
What science? The concocted 'pseudo-science' is what the media sells. Temp changes have been a constant in the history of the planet, but if anything we are not warming now. And moreover, human contribution to climate change, heating or cooling, is negligible and cannot affect the outcome one way or another. The sun cycles, of which the solar flares calendar play a major role, dictate the outcome, nothing else. The 'pseudo-science' hoax is nothing but a device for politicians to invent new taxes and bleed us to death.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:56 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
What science? The concocted 'pseudo-science' is what the media sells. Temp changes have been a constant in the history of the planet, but if anything we are not warming now. And moreover, human contribution to climate change, heating or cooling, is negligible and cannot affect the outcome one way or another. The sun cycles, of which the solar flares calendar play a major role, dictate the outcome, nothing else. The 'pseudo-science' hoax is nothing but a device for politicians to invent new taxes and bleed us to death.
I think of it in different manner. I think that any political movement to clean up carbon emissions is for the best. Even if it fueled by much by scientifically wrong reasoning. Planet history have had much colder periods and as well much hotter periods of times, not to mention percentage of O2 in atmosphere, etc.
but if this whatever reasoning results in cleaner emissions from cars around me and less amount of smoking factory chimneys around me - I say I do not care what reasoning is was.

As of warming debate - current arctic blast we have actually contributes to warming big time as all this arctic air will essentially get warmer and then flown back to arctic region, so, it is colder for us but in result will be warmer where it was supposed to be cold all the time and ice will melt faster. as ice will melt, sea level will rise, etc. But I think it is very presumptuous for human being to believe our contribution to this process was of any significance.

I do really like late George Carlin speech about it - about role of humanity: earth wanted plastic. did not know how to make it. so she made us to get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyxuVFzKypU

Should be played for all pro-saving environmentalists idiots at those conferences.

Last edited by utkinpol; 01-07-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:58 PM
zanwar is infamous around these partszanwar is infamous around these parts
If all of the oil that remains in the Earth's crust is burnt over the course of this century, a certain amount of extra carbon dioxide will be released into the atmosphere. It seems reasonable the extra carbon dioxide would affect the thermodynamic properties of the atmosphere in some way. Is there a specific reason why this would be a negligible? Most of the computer simulations are predicting a warming effect.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:10 PM
mact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of light
Haha regarding global warming...search climate gate...the data to promote global warming agenda was proven to be manipulated data recently...wonder why Gore lives in a 20K sq ft home using up as much energy as 10 people...wonder why Gore will be CEO of a company trading carbon credits(like NYSE) who could make billions from pushing the global warming agenda...the carbon credit scheme was thought up by no other then Ken Lay of Enron fame...Gore is a scam artist imho.

Carbon credit scam is just another hidden tax for the middle class/lower class so ther govt cont to get bigger and spend like drunken sailors...free mkt capitalism has left the building...and you think the carbon tax on energy related co's will be paid by them?...nope, they will just raise rates and we will pay...ask China or India if they have to accept these new carbon emission rules...nope cause they own us through US treasuries owned/bought...just like we use to control european countries in the past when they owed us alot of money.

BTW, Im glad it was just a battery issue...

Old 01-07-2010, 04:11 PM
mact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of lightmact3333 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by utkinpol
I think of it in different manner. I think that any political movement to clean up carbon emissions is for the best. Even if it fueled by much by scientifically wrong reasoning. Planet history have had much colder periods and as well much hotter periods of times, not to mention percentage of O2 in atmosphere, etc.
but if this whatever reasoning results in cleaner emissions from cars around me and less amount of smoking factory chimneys around me - I say I do not care what reasoning is was.

As of warming debate - current arctic blast we have actually contributes to warming big time as all this arctic air will essentially get warmer and then flown back to arctic region, so, it is colder for us but in result will be warmer where it was supposed to be cold all the time and ice will melt faster. as ice will melt, sea level will rise, etc. But I think it is very presumptuous for human being to believe our contribution to this process was of any significance.

I do really like late George Carlin speech about it - about role of humanity: earth wanted plastic. did not know how to make it. so she made us to get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyxuVFzKypU

Should be played for all pro-saving environmentalists idiots at those conferences.
love George Carlin...he was a very astute and bright man...search his rant on "the american dream"...there is so much truth to that one.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:25 PM
krown05 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Ray,
are you going to the breakfast on ocean drive?

see ya there!

joel

Hey Joel,

I'll most definitely be there, I've been looking forward to it since the last drive!

Also...The car has been running great since the battery replacement. I also figured it makes sense that battery would go, since my car is an 05 and has never had a battery replacement. Nevertheless, the unexpected shut down in traffic is a concern of mine and I'll be taking the car in soon. I'll keep you all posted. Once again, thanks for the support.

-Ray

Old 01-08-2010, 06:39 PM
avmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to allavmike is a name known to all
Wow... That is pretty good. In South Floirda I replace car batteries when they hit 3, regardless. Not worth getting stranded.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:39 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by avmike
Wow... That is pretty good. In South Floirda I replace car batteries when they hit 3, regardless. Not worth getting stranded.
I am 2.5 years into my Turbo and I am still on the original battery . I have no battery tenders and view this as high risk . I'm due for a replacement.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:53 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
That Carlin bit made my day!