997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Currently stranded on the side of the road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 02:47 PM
krown05 is infamous around these parts
Angry Currently stranded on the side of the road

So I'm on my way home from work and right smack in the middle of traffic my car stalls and won't start back up again. After several attempts to restart the car, I threw in the towel and pushed it off to the side of the road. I'm currently sitting in my car waiting for the tow truck. Oh, did I mentioned that it's freezing outside and that I need to use the restroom? This is not the afternoon I had in mind. Please excuse my ranting, but I need to vent.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Dharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud of
Wait, your in Miami and it is "freezing" outside? Whats that below 65 degrees?

Just kidding, hope nothing big is wrong and you get on your way soon. I can apprediate your frustration.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Porsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud ofPorsche05 has much to be proud of
Did you do any new mods recently?

Old 01-06-2010, 03:00 PM
geestyleed is infamous around these parts
I also can understand your frustration completely!

After a working day this is the last thing I would like to happen...

Good luck that the truck comes fast and that it is nothing serious!

Old 01-06-2010, 03:06 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dharn55
Wait, your in Miami and it is "freezing" outside? Whats that below 65 degrees?

Just kidding, hope nothing big is wrong and you get on your way soon. I can apprediate your frustration.
I heard on the radio this morning that they are declaring a State of Emergency, the orange crops are freezing...so much for global warming!

Sorry to hear that your car is down, hopefully it isn't anything that they can't get fixed quickly.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Global warming my ***! 34F when I got to my car this morning at 6:30 AM!!!! In Miami!
My friend that lives 2 blocks down, had to scrape ice from her windshield!!!!! With a squeegee! LOL!
Hope it's nothing serious...

Old 01-06-2010, 04:16 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Keep us updated! My car broke down 2 weeks ago and wouldn't start up. Turned out to be a faulty alarm control unit and clutch switch.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:42 PM
greenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Global warming my ***! 34F when I got to my car this morning at 6:30 AM!!!! In Miami!
My friend that lives 2 blocks down, had to scrape ice from her windshield!!!!! With a squeegee! LOL!

No wait. When it gets to cold they call it climate change. All B.S.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Fas1 is infamous around these partsFas1 is infamous around these parts
How would you have been able to move your car if you were in traffic probably everybody in traffic got pissed at you.

Sorry to see your porsche break down on you hopefully it is a fixeable issue.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:06 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Florida vacation scheduled in 10 days. It had better be warmer than this. I did Disney last year in 4 layers of clothes and I'm NOT doing it again this year.

Sorry about your car, hope it's not serious.....

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 01-06-2010, 05:10 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
I think the cold weather is Karma for the bragging that some of the Florida guys did a few weeks ago.

Come to Vancouver, it is warmer here in the morning, I think it was above 40F (6C) here at 5:30 am.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:42 PM
geestyleed is infamous around these parts
I offer 25F this morning in South Carolina, Charleston

My Daily Beater(ML320) made some nasty sounds at this temp....

Old 01-06-2010, 06:02 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
16-18 degrees F. here at night (central NC). I think last night it "warmed up" to 25F. We may see some frozen precipitation tomorrow evening. The salt brine trucks were out spraying the roads this afternoon.

Hope your fixed and back on the road ASAP.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:13 PM
djlod is infamous around these parts
Hope it's not serious.
Getting stuck on the road is the worst.
Hope road side assistance has taken care of everything.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:17 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
I hope all is well soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Currently stranded on the side of the road