997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need a winter vehicle / dog car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 08:09 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Need a winter vehicle / dog car...

Hey guys, Im not really sure where to post this, but I feel like I know most of you in this section of the forum, and there really isn't anywhere else to post this... haha

anyways, the 997 is in the garage for the winter and I have been driving my lifted pickup for the past 2 months. The truck is big, gulps gas, and I have to lift my dog in and out of the truck everyday. I need something that is going to be good in the snow, comfy, 4 doors preferred, still sporty (with the preference being comfy more then sporty as I already have a 997!) and decent on gas, 87 preferred. I have been looking at an STi but I haven't sat in one and everyone says that they are small for a 6'3 330lb'r but then again, im not suppose to be able to fit in a caged out 997 either! haha

Do you guys have any ideas for me? Something that my father can use as a train car too. Were planning on selling the truck to fund this purchase.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:13 PM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
Just bought a 2010 vw golf.

Great little car. Get a gti if you want sporty.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:17 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
thats actually another car I was looking at was the '10 GTi... any good in the snow though? I guess AWD Sti and front wheel GTi are pretty good with winter tires. It all comes down to the tires... Some people are driving their turbo's all winter in the snow and everything, with winter tires...

Old 01-10-2010, 08:42 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nugent_crai
thats actually another car I was looking at was the '10 GTi... any good in the snow though? I guess AWD Sti and front wheel GTi are pretty good with winter tires. It all comes down to the tires... Some people are driving their turbo's all winter in the snow and everything, with winter tires...

Nug,

these are a blast in the snow! I use to get something non sporty automatic. This year stick ride with high revs.......might even throw on some yoko's in the spring and take it to the Glenn

Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2010, 08:44 PM
hahha nice! Is that a WRX non sti?

Old 01-10-2010, 08:50 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
hahha nice! Is that a WRX non sti?

its neither.....i was gonna do the WRX, but felt wasnt necessary. I kid u not , this thing is a blast to drive! I use to run a civic si at the Glenn, and I am really considering running this in the spring for fun!

This is the link.....check it out! I will meet u here if u are interested
https://www.trackmasters.com/Page.asp?Script=1

Last edited by jjc4scab; 01-10-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: link
Old 01-10-2010, 08:51 PM
so what is it then?

Old 01-10-2010, 08:58 PM
so what is it then?

Totally stripped wrx............no turbo, high revs, AWD. Look @ my previous post..... I am not sure where you live in NY, but if u want to throw a car around, this is the place to do it

Jim

Old 01-10-2010, 08:59 PM
that sounds awesome! what is the ballpark on something like that?

Im in Long Island. I havent been to the glen yet... hopefully this year!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:03 PM
that sounds awesome! what is the ballpark on something like that?

Im in Long Island. I havent been to the glen yet... hopefully this year!

I walked out the door for 18 in change......the track will run you about 300 without tires......honestly, I would drive this car much harder then the 997 on the track. Less intimidating near the Armco

Old 01-10-2010, 09:58 PM
fang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of light
2010 VW GTI is great... but how big is your dog? Plenty spacious up front, but overall it's pretty small. Pretty good in snow, fun to drive, looks sharp- not bad for $25K!

Old 01-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Koby is infamous around these parts
i have an alfa romeo 159 sport wagon for the same purpose.. works well and the wagon provides a lot of flexibilty for sports equipment...

not sure if they still have alfas in the US, but maybe a audi S4 avant then?

Old 01-10-2010, 11:02 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have my Touareg for the winter and kids, it can also tow your Porsche to the track if you start getting to that level. If you want a real beast get the V10TDI, great on gas and 553lb/ft of Torque.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Go drive the WRX or Sti and see what you think yourself.. I really love driving my Sti as a daily and i never thought i would go back to a car after having a dually.. Give it a shot and report back your thoughts..

MIke

Old 01-10-2010, 11:13 PM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
get a used lexus lx 470 off ebay. they're a steal for the vehicle you get. put big tires on yours and get it to look like this and enjoy the snow and heated seats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Need a winter vehicle / dog car...