997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:49 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Rear heat shield, bumper and LED lights mounted. Still need to swap out tail light module and have exhaust routed. Hopefully will have this completed by this weekend.

GT3 heat shield and bumper were direct replacement. Overall this is a simple DIY project minus routing the PSE exhaust which I have some ideas for.

This would be extremely simple if you use Fabspeeds Maxflo mufflers and extension pipes (plus tips). It would be a direct bolt on conversion.

Please excuse the crappy photos as my cameras were at my office when I took these.

Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2010, 10:22 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
awesome man, that looks great!!

Old 02-16-2010, 10:30 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by v35
awesome man, that looks great!!
Thanks!

Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
That looks great, cant wait to see it finished with the exhaust. Its gonna look awesome.
Thanks,

Old 02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
SGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the rough
That looks hot matt! IM glad it's finally on. Kind of regret not putting it on myself. Lol.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
That looks great, cant wait to see it finished with the exhaust. Its gonna look awesome.
Thanks,
Thanks Alex. Did you receive the extension pipes back this morning?

Originally Posted by attic2zoo
That looks hot matt! IM glad it's finally on. Kind of regret not putting it on myself. Lol.
Thanks James! Yeah, you should have bought it from David, I'm sure he would have given you a good deal

Old 02-16-2010, 12:35 PM
akshon is infamous around these parts
looks very clean matt. Dont drive it around too long without tips you WILL burn the paint.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by akshon
looks very clean matt. Dont drive it around too long without tips you WILL burn the paint.

Thanks, I have not driven it at all. I don't plan to until I get the exhaust worked out. I don't want to take a chance in melting it.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:13 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
any updates?

Old 02-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by mobonic
any updates?
Just got the exhaust modified yesterday. Came out really nice. Was able to keep the functionality of the PSE with the center exit setup.

The used bumper that I bought needs some touch-up and re-spray (the color is off just a bit and some areas around the lights need to be slightly filled in).

I also need to take the car over to the dealer to have the tail lights programmed. I had a tough time accessing the module under the driver seat (since I did not remove the seat to get to it), luckily I don't have huge hands

I plan on getting all of this done within the next week. I will post photos of it all when I have it completely finished.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
simply beautiful

Old 02-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
I was able to get it resolved. Thanks to moderator GT3 Chuck he was helpful enough to contact them and Alex called me a couple of minutes ago.
I retract this statement I made earlier in this thread. When I spoke to Alex over the phone originally he said they would refund at least half of the cost of the conversion pipes (I was charged $1320 and decided to keep the tips) since they are not able to be used with standard OEM mufflers which they originally claimed.

Now I'm told that they are refunding me only $395. So $1320 - $395 means that I paid $925 for a set of tips (The cost of their most expensive tips on their site is $650)! How that seems like good business is beyond me.

Dealing with Fabspeed has become one big headache!

Old 02-23-2010, 03:16 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
FIX it....

Fabspeed..... we are watching this thread. Sounds like you created some headaches here and buyer has been quite patient. Suggest you fix the issue. Eager to see the resolve... please keep us posted.

I retract this statement I made earlier in this thread. When I spoke to Alex over the phone originally he said they would refund at least half of the cost of the conversion pipes (I was charged $1320 and decided to keep the tips) since they are not able to be used with standard OEM mufflers which they originally claimed.

Now I'm told that they are refunding me only $395. So $1320 - $395 means that I paid $925 for a set of tips (The cost of their most expensive tips on their site is $650)! How that seems like good business is beyond me.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:20 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute

The rationale behind that does not make any sense. The original transaction was made due to their "misunderstanding" or lack of misinformation to the customer in the first place. Just another -1 for Fabspeed for all to see on 6speed and Rennlist I guess.

Last edited by v35; 02-25-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by mickfluff
Fabspeed..... we are watching this thread. Sounds like you created some headaches here and buyer has been quite patient. Suggest you fix the issue. Eager to see the resolve... please keep us posted.
I'd be shocked if they reconsider. I have had to contact them countless times just to get to this point. They are not easy to deal with, that is for sure. Thanks for your $925 tips Fabspeed! At least they changed their website to reflect that their conversion pipes do not work with OEM mufflers (thanks to my expense!).

Last edited by ///MJFDDS; 02-23-2010 at 04:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon