997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:04 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mobonic
MJF,

Please pm me with how you did his or who did this for you.

I have a center exit bumper, and I have to put stock mufflers back on for Laguna seca and I need a way to route to center exit.

This looks perfect!

I appreciate any help!
I cut the tips myself and just had a muffler shop weld a 2 into 1 pipe to the center. But if you are using non-PSE mufflers you obviously only have to cut the one tip. It is not too complicated. A place called AAA muffler in Culver City did the exhaust work. I assume you already have tips?

Old 02-25-2010, 10:05 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by v35
Piping looks great, very clean job!
Originally Posted by lakercarrera
Looks amazing
Thanks guys!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:51 PM
SGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the rough
That looks so clean. Center exit conversion envy...

Old 02-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Glad to see you got it all worked out! Those large tips look awesome. I need figure out what I'm going to do for my convserion. Mobonic, who is your center exit conversion from?

Old 02-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
It really came out looking nice and it looks awesome with the Black tips. I was glad we could help out with your custom design. Im excited to hear what it sounds like with the PSE muffler. You should try to post some videos when you get a chance.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:15 PM
ModHog is infamous around these parts
Really came out nice. Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by ModHog
Really came out nice. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Thanks for looking!

Old 03-03-2010, 04:46 AM
Pker is infamous around these parts
Nice ride, your car looks perfect, you know it'll be very kind of you if you could list out all the parts and procedures that was needed in order to complete this conversion. We look forward to your response.

Thanks

Old 03-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Pker
Nice ride, your car looks perfect, you know it'll be very kind of you if you could list out all the parts and procedures that was needed in order to complete this conversion. We look forward to your response.

Thanks
Thanks! In terms of parts you just need either a modified 997.1 GT3 bumper or a 997.2 GT3 bumper to fit the LED tail lights (the 997.2 GT3 bumper is more complicated to fit and requires specific parts.)

Muffller outlets need to be routed to the center. Tips, LED tail lights and associated module for pre 2007.5 997's, and a reprogram at the dealer.

All-in-all, not difficult.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Pker is infamous around these parts
Awesome, great stuff. Is reprogramming at the dealer a must? How much in terms of cost would they charge you?

Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Thanks! In terms of parts you just need either a modified 997.1 GT3 bumper or a 997.2 GT3 bumper to fit the LED tail lights (the 997.2 GT3 bumper is more complicated to fit and requires specific parts.)

Muffller outlets need to be routed to the center. Tips, LED tail lights and associated module for pre 2007.5 997's, and a reprogram at the dealer.

All-in-all, not difficult.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Pker
Awesome, great stuff. Is reprogramming at the dealer a must? How much in terms of cost would they charge you?
Yes, programming is a must. The dealer would charge 1 hour of labor.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:27 PM
aircooled0801 is infamous around these parts
Absolutely top knotch conversion! Is there actually a step-by-step DIY thread on here with pic's, etc...? Also, did you use your stock Carrera bumper support, or did you use a GT3 support behind the bumper?

Looking to do this to my car now that I've seen yours! Jealous...BIG TIME!

Old 06-16-2010, 01:44 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aircooled0801
Absolutely top knotch conversion! Is there actually a step-by-step DIY thread on here with pic's, etc...? Also, did you use your stock Carrera bumper support, or did you use a GT3 support behind the bumper?

Looking to do this to my car now that I've seen yours! Jealous...BIG TIME!
When I had the GT3 style bumper here,I noticed that the stock Carrera supports on each side of the car just needed to be trimmed to allow the vents on the side of the bumper to stop from being compressed/squished.
Also I noticed that the bottom of the bumper will need some sort of supports/spacers to hold it,like the factory would have becuase the GT3 buper is around 1" lower!
I am sure it can be done other ways BUT the way I described would be IF you wanted to have every bolt used thus supporting with strength.

I do agree......this car looks STELLAR!

Stacy

Old 06-16-2010, 01:54 PM
aircooled0801 is infamous around these parts
Many thanks for the tip Justatoy! I've read plenty about your car, and your's too is very high on my "envy list".

Old 06-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by aircooled0801

Looking to do this to my car now that I've seen yours! Jealous...BIG

TIME!
Thanks for the compliment! I actually used the GT3 side supports / heat shield and rear heat shield, but you can definitely use the carrera supports and heat shield with minor modification.

I don't know of any DIY threads, but it is not too complicated and I can tell you exactly what you need to do if you are interested.

Matt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon