997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 02:36 PM
aircooled0801 is infamous around these parts
Matt:

Careful what you offer my friend! Pulling the trigger on the rear bumper as we speak. I looking forward to joining the center exhaust club! I'll definitely reach out to you with regard to exhaust questions in the very near future.

Many thanks!!!

Scott

Old 06-16-2010, 02:41 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justatoy

I do agree......this car looks STELLAR!

Stacy
Thanks Stacy. Saw your named dropped in that video that TPC did. I may have to install one of these and lose the GT3 rear bumper since they claim it is pretty simple to install. Guess we will find out soon enough though!

Old 06-16-2010, 02:42 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aircooled0801
Matt:

Careful what you offer my friend! Pulling the trigger on the rear bumper as we speak. I looking forward to joining the center exhaust club! I'll definitely reach out to you with regard to exhaust questions in the very near future.

Many thanks!!!

Scott
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Old 06-16-2010, 02:58 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Thanks Stacy. Saw your named dropped in that video that TPC did. I may have to install one of these and lose the GT3 rear bumper since they claim it is pretty simple to install. Guess we will find out soon enough though!
LOL...yeah I noticed they are NAME dropping,LOL!

If you are considering the TPC turbo,talk nicely to Casey and maybe JUST maybe they could build a kit with centre out exhaust and if not.....I think it would be very easy to have a exhaust shop make the tail section!

Stacy

Old 06-16-2010, 03:00 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aircooled0801
Many thanks for the tip Justatoy! I've read plenty about your car, and your's too is very high on my "envy list".
Thanks Scott....really appreciate it!

Stacy

Old 06-16-2010, 04:16 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justatoy
LOL...yeah I noticed they are NAME dropping,LOL!

If you are considering the TPC turbo,talk nicely to Casey and maybe JUST maybe they could build a kit with centre out exhaust and if not.....I think it would be very easy to have a exhaust shop make the tail section!

Stacy
I talked to TPC about it. They said they could probably do it. All their Cayman kits are center exit anyway. You will would probably have to take your car to them or have a good shop do the custom work. In the end, if I were to do this, I would go back to a standard rear bumper.

Jason

Old 06-20-2010, 07:28 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
thanks

PM'd and thanks in advance>>>>

Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Thanks for the compliment! I actually used the GT3 side supports / heat shield and rear heat shield, but you can definitely use the carrera supports and heat shield with minor modification.

I don't know of any DIY threads, but it is not too complicated and I can tell you exactly what you need to do if you are interested.

Matt

Old 08-03-2010, 12:41 PM
GraSox is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed

Well guys......
Just another issue with Fabspeed.....called them several times to find out about getting tips for an "S" but wanted them powder coated. 1st guy I talked to said no problem. I called back and the 2nd guy said no they don't. Called back a 3rd time and again was told that they send them out and yes they would do it no problem. Called back again and now was told that they don't offer it!!!!!!
After reading this thread and others I would never do bussiness with them.
Oh, and by the way the price changed from the same guy....had to send an e-mail to show what he had quotted. I have all the E-mails. How could a company AND sponser here be like this?????? The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Shame on you Fabspeed!

Old 08-04-2010, 10:25 AM
I feel ya. Sorry about your issue.

Originally Posted by GraSox
Well guys......
Just another issue with Fabspeed.....called them several times to find out about getting tips for an "S" but wanted them powder coated. 1st guy I talked to said no problem. I called back and the 2nd guy said no they don't. Called back a 3rd time and again was told that they send them out and yes they would do it no problem. Called back again and now was told that they don't offer it!!!!!!
After reading this thread and others I would never do bussiness with them.
Oh, and by the way the price changed from the same guy....had to send an e-mail to show what he had quotted. I have all the E-mails. How could a company AND sponser here be like this?????? The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Shame on you Fabspeed!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
I have the complete Fabspeed conversion, Catted x pipe, and Custom super cup mufflers for sale if anyone is interested. I was going to do the center exit conversion on my car, but got a good deal on a 10 GT3 and couldn't pass it up. I don't have pictures or a thread dedicated for the parts yet, but it's everything you would need for the conversion minus the bumper and heat shield.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:20 PM
aircooled0801 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Misanors4
I have the complete Fabspeed conversion, Catted x pipe, and Custom super cup mufflers for sale if anyone is interested. I was going to do the center exit conversion on my car, but got a good deal on a 10 GT3 and couldn't pass it up. I don't have pictures or a thread dedicated for the parts yet, but it's everything you would need for the conversion minus the bumper and heat shield.

PM sent.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:27 PM
rjahr is infamous around these parts
What was the result on fabspeed comping you, did they ever give you a decent refund... I was going to buy from them and now am second guessing- I run a manufacturing company and if it was my fault i'd help the consumer as much as fault I was to begin with...

You can't cite the consumer for r&d cost if they have already have a set price..

Old 08-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by rjahr
What was the result on fabspeed comping you, did they ever give you a decent refund... I was going to buy from them and now am second guessing- I run a manufacturing company and if it was my fault i'd help the consumer as much as fault I was to begin with...

You can't cite the consumer for r&d cost if they have already have a set price..
They refunded a portion of the money. I only kept the tips. Let's just say that they were some damn expensive tips.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:21 AM
C.Plavan is infamous around these parts
Timely post. Was about ready to order some stuff from Fabspeed. I will not now. Thanks for the heads up.

Is there anyone else offering center exhaust conversions for a 2006 997 S?

Last edited by C.Plavan; 09-09-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:55 AM
gadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for brining the thread back to life...

I'm also looking at doing a center exhause conversion. I have a 2008 Carrera 4S.

Currently installed is the X51 headers, FVD Brombacher Cats, and stock muffler. I dont really want to change anything on the exhause but just to route the exhaust to the center.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon