997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon

So I have all the parts in place to do a center exit conversion on my '06 C2S.

Parts list is simple:

-Fabspeed conversion pipes (ceramic coated)

-OEM GT3 rear bumper (modified to accept LED rear brake lights)

The Fabspeed pipes supposedly bolt right up to the factory exhaust (I have PSE), and the center tips are supported by brackets that attach to aftermarket cats (I have AWE).

All parts should be here in the next week or two. I plan on documenting the install for anyone else who decides to go this route.

Last edited by ///MJFDDS; 01-12-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:57 AM
ak996TT is infamous around these parts
I am sure you will like it,Since I did the same thing with Fabspeed GT3 center exhaust, headers, and muffler. Its sounds and look awesome.

Please documneted....Thanks.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:47 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
This will certainly refresh the look of the rear of your car. We did a similar build to our shop 997.2 and love the end result. Good luck with the build and I look forward to seeing your progress. If you run into any snags, feel free to give us a buzz.

Thanks for offering to help out in case I run into any problems!

Old 01-12-2010, 01:18 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Are you putting in the LED tails yourself too? Should look awesome

Old 01-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by v35
Are you putting in the LED tails yourself too? Should look awesome
Thanks, I picked up an OEM GT3 rear bumper that has been modified to accept the new LED's, so that along with the tail lights and module from Suncoast it should be plug and play.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:39 PM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
really interester in this as I was also considering doing this

Old 01-12-2010, 09:43 PM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
do you mind telling us how much cost you to convert it?

And if you decide to go with 2010 GT3 front bumper and selling your old GT3 front bumper, let me know

Last edited by locus; 01-13-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Thanks, I picked up an OEM GT3 rear bumper that has been modified to accept the new LED's, so that along with the tail lights and module from Suncoast it should be plug and play.
What needs to be done to the bumper to accept the LED's. I have my OEM GT3 rear bumper sitting in my basement.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by locus
do you mind telling us how much cost you to convert it?

Can't give you an accurate cost for the conversion since modding the GT3 bumper to fit the LED's will vary (or you can use an OEM 2010 + GT3 rear bumper).

The LED's and module are just under $1000 from Suncoast.

The Fabspeed conversion pipes price is listen on their site.

Originally Posted by Misanors4
What needs to be done to the bumper to accept the LED's. I have my OEM GT3 rear bumper sitting in my basement.
Not a whole lot. Some body work needs to be done around the area of the lights so the LED tails will fit properly. Other than that it is plug and play.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:04 AM
SGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the rough
Modified OEM GT3 997.1 bumper

Old 01-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by attic2zoo
]
James, that's my bumper cover! I still have not been able to pick it up since David's car was at the dealer longer than anticipated.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:16 PM
SGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the rough
It is yours.... I can't wait for you to do it. I am going to bug you about the muffler part of the conversion later !

I seen center exhaust conversion but I think you will be the only carrera to do it with an LED conversion at the same time

Nice and ELITE !

Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
James, that's my bumper cover! I still have not been able to pick it up since David's car was at the dealer longer than anticipated.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:15 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by attic2zoo

Is that an OEM RS Wing?

Old 01-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by sin911
Is that an OEM RS Wing?
I can certainly find out, but from what I know already about his car everything he has upgraded is OEM (so the wing is probably OEM).

Old 01-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Good lookin!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Center exit (GT3 style) conversion...DIY coming soon