997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Getting me Sparco seats & rollcage, need dimensions pls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Banned
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Getting me Sparco seats & rollcage, need dimensions pls

I just came back from my local shop, and I ordered a set of brand new Sparco Evo 3 seats in red, with black 4-point belts, and red Sparco pads, a set of clamps to use with a small fire extinguisher. I'm having these installed tomorrow morning, so photos tom. evening I'm sure I'm gonna like the weightsaving side of them.

However, I also want to have a rollcage custom built (second photo, respect to owner of the pic), but I couldn't find anywhere about the dimensions, shape, and info. on metal durability, thickness of the bar etc etc. I also checked from the Porsche login at my local dealer where the techs use, but the graph only shows the installation procedure.

Could anyone please give me some information or any diagrams needed to fabricate a custom rollcage for my 997 C2S?

Thank you very much in advance!

Attached Images   
Old 01-18-2010, 12:54 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
eatbreathdrive, where are you located? Let me know how you like those seats, im about to purchase them too, 6'3 320lbs. I need something big like that

Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Banned
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by nugent_crai
eatbreathdrive, where are you located? Let me know how you like those seats, im about to purchase them too, 6'3 320lbs. I need something big like that
I'm located in Istanbul, TR at the moment. The reason why I'm getting the Evo 3, is because they didnt have any other Sparco seats in red over here (It gives you an idea of a 'free' open market right, so I'm stuck with whats available). I tested the seats, and they are quite large for me, I'm 5'10 and normal weight, it didnt support and hug me tight, but it will work for you for sure. I'm getting these seats because I'm not gonna race, but I like the feel of these seats and with daily comfort. The roads are really bad here so if I've had gotten tighter seats, I'm sure my back would turn into soup after a couple of rides, so I will need to move from side to side a bit at least for comfort, but still get the look with 4-option belts. Good luck and enjoy!

Old 01-19-2010, 02:41 AM
Banned
I just checked the seats and they didnt fit because of their width. I'm getting new seats, and having them complete tonight, will post pics.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:18 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
what do you mean? did you have them in there? no go? how much were they off? what new seats are you looking at?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Banned
Here are a couple of shots after installation Hope you all enjoy, sorry about the phone pics and I still need the dimension/graph for fabricating a rollbar, replicating whats being offered for a GT3RS.

Attached Images    
Old 01-19-2010, 11:23 AM
whats seats are they? they look A - MAZIN!

Old 01-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Banned
whats seats are they? they look A - MAZIN!
Thanks buddy! They are Sparco Revo Plus in red with Sparco four-point belts with pads. Great and not so expensive seats, as far as I know, 50% carbon & 50% fiberglass so its lightweight, you should weigh the standard seats, made a huge difference!

Old 01-19-2010, 01:34 PM
ok ill bite... how much is the weight loss?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Banned
ok ill bite... how much is the weight loss?
If I'm not mistaken, (and please correct me if I'm) standard sport adaptive seats, with electric motors inside, heating, mechanism etc etc, weigh around 70 pounds each, and each Sparco weigh around 15 pounds. You approx. save about 110 pounds just on seats. I also put on new mufflers and catbypass pipes by Supersprint, removed the rear seats and seat buckles etc (which they dont weigh that much so dont count ) but still
I also had to have the airbag warning lights on the sides of the drivers and passenger side seats, and a tensioner warning on the standard belts turned off via PIWIS (thanks to Porsche dealer).
Good luck!

Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I just sat in some Sparco Evo3 seats at GMG in Santa Ana last week and they fit me perfectly. I am 6'5" 240lbs. However GMG had no idea what hardware to use or if they would even fit in my Carrera S. So thanks to you eatbreathdrive I see these will fit.

What seat hardware did you use for these seats? Are they still adjustable forward and back and up and down like the stock manual seats?

Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mdrums
I just sat in some Sparco Evo3 seats at GMG in Santa Ana last week and they fit me perfectly. I am 6'5" 240lbs. However GMG had no idea what hardware to use or if they would even fit in my Carrera S. So thanks to you eatbreathdrive I see these will fit.

What seat hardware did you use for these seats? Are they still adjustable forward and back and up and down like the stock manual seats?
Here at my local shop, the guy fabricated a set of custom brackets which can be used with the OEM sledge/coaster underneath the standard seats, so now, my new seats can be moved back and forth through the lower lever/handle. I also have the four-point belts installed so dont forget to PIWIS your cars settings. Glad I could help Mike!

Could you tell me what wheels you use in your avatar, as I'd like to 18's for daily use, for a change maybe

Old 01-20-2010, 01:32 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
My only question is why 4-point belts? I drive with PCA and 4-points are not allowed due to safety concerns.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by RonCT
My only question is why 4-point belts? I drive with PCA and 4-points are not allowed due to safety concerns.
As I wait to get my rollcage fabricated, I think 4-points are no better than the standard belts but they are mostly cosmetic in my case. After my rollcage, I'm gonna have the belts hooked to the cage so it will be stronger than the standard issued. I will also have a fire extinguisher placed with clamps this weekend in the back, right between my removed back seats

Old 01-20-2010, 04:03 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly, you should read up on 4-point belts. Unsafe from everything I've read and why PCA has banned them altogether (as have other groups). Also, this is going to be a race-only car? Once you put a cage in I wouldn't drive it on the street unless you are going to be bolted in with 6 points at all times and wear a helmet. Again, lots of safety literature out there for this. With stock 3-points on the street, a roll cage becomes very dangerous because if you get in an accident, you get thrown around and hard metal and skull don't mix well. That's why even in race cars where drivers have full 6-point belts and helmets they still have impact foam covering all roll cage areas that you could come in contact with.

Just worried for you because you are talking about racing belts for cosmetic reasons and safety is at stake.

With my Street / Track car, the only seat I would put in is the Porsche OEM Sport Bucket because it's designed for the car, passes safety testing, and has the thorax airbag. 3-points on the street and only a roll-over bar way in the back, where you could not hit it. Also, the Porsche bar is fully approved and tested for this car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Getting me Sparco seats & rollcage, need dimensions pls