997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Carrera 997.2 noise from rear on bumps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
jim-x is infamous around these parts
Toosixy and 500 , your solution was perfect . effectively it was the engine lid arms/hinges touching the underside of the engine lid when closed
that caused the squeak/rattle...I applied felt tape to the areas making contact and the noise is gone
thanks again

Last edited by jim-x; 04-18-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:47 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
i hear the noise too on my 09 c2.

i will test all the suggestions this weekend and will report back.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:14 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rse_nj
Hi everyone, did the clips end up solving the bump/thud sound you were hearing when coming to a stop? Thanks!
I still get my thump over certain bumps, but it is what it is.

My dealer disassembled the rear parcel area to do my PSE install, so they had a chance to correct any unclipped/unsecured items.

I noticed when I shut my trunk you always get that crappy sound from the cooling fan. It's mounted on rubber bushings, but I think its such flimsy plastic that the fan assembly itself makes that noise simply from the force of closing the trunk. If it makes noise from closing the lid, perhaps its the culprit when hitting certain bumps? I'm not going to replace it to find out...

I like all the noises and quirks. The one thing that does bug me is cabin noise over 80 on the highway. It would be nice if Porsche offered additional soundproofing as an option for the wheel wells and doors etc.. I'm temped to spray some undercoating on the wheel wells just to get the noise from rocks and pebbles to subside a bit. But, once its on thats it, so I haven't messed with it. I wonder if anyone has had any luck with undercoating. I know people have added soundproofing, but that requires a lot of work disassembling the interior.

Thanks for all the replies.

DRP

Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Noel Taylor is infamous around these parts
Porsche 997.2 noise in rear over small bumps

I realise I am very late in joining this tread, but has anyone found a solution to this noise.
Mine is as described by DRSpeed i.e. a thump like a piece of wood lifting and falling back into place.
My car is a 2010 997.2 Carrera S. It has been back to the dealer about 10 times. They have removed the rear bumper and rear spoiler, torqued everything, but the noise remains.
I have tried the Carpet Clips suggestion and taping over the boot hinges, but this has not solved the issue. The noise is a different type of noise anyway.
If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
NOel