997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

SharkWerks Featured in Excellence Magazine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:41 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sin911
Alex, I just watched the 9 min video of the SW 3.9 GT3 RS again.

The dyno charts are simply amazing! I can't believe there is so much difference in power

It seems like the Stock 997.1 GT3 RS and the 997.2 GT3 aren't even trying in the roll I am amazed how hard it pulls over the stock!

I really hope I won't drive next to one someday, because I will feel terrible after it smokes my car...
Thanks and glad you liked it! We really wanted to show the "journey"... the live tuning aspect... It was a fun project start to finish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzeLcvgOVzQ

Old 01-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
I saw you guys on "Supercars Exposed" with Tanner Foust on the Speed Channel. Do you have a copywrite on that paint-to-sample "Kermit" green?

Old 01-28-2010, 12:51 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Auto_Union
I saw you guys on "Supercars Exposed" with Tanner Foust on the Speed Channel. Do you have a copywrite on that paint-to-sample "Kermit" green?
Thanks and no sir! Paint away

Old 01-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Congrats guys, you guys always do the best work.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:18 PM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
Videos like that are what make me itch to visit the Bay Area...and also stop by the shop. Well done guys. Hope to make it out there one day.

-Alex

Old 01-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
There are benefits to living in the bay area. Twisty mountian roads and Sharkwerks. Just replaced Silicon Valley...........Well done.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:38 PM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
Those twisty mountain roads are very appealing as well... *cruising* through the streets of Boston just doesn't quite cut it.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:45 PM
solidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud of
Curious to know where this "Secret Test Loop" is that they refer to in the article. Anybody know?

Old 01-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
Yep, that's why it's a secret.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:15 PM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey fellas just in case you haven't yet gotten your copy of Excellence Magazine be sure to check it out. SharkWerks was featured on ze cover of the (April 2010) issue features a familiar face on its cover
just finished and a great read ...and to quote the author, "put simply, it's the best normally aspirated flat six I've tried"

Old 01-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by leneuromancer
just finished and a great read ...and to quote the author, "put simply, it's the best normally aspirated flat six I've tried"
Thanks man... and I'm so stoked. It took a long time to get there
Originally Posted by Steve's 996
Yep, that's why it's a secret.
Hehe...
Originally Posted by solidst8
Curious to know where this "Secret Test Loop" is that they refer to in the article. Anybody know?
Sorry.. it's like surfing spots Besides I was blind-folded....
Originally Posted by thealexman
Those twisty mountain roads are very appealing as well... *cruising* through the streets of Boston just doesn't quite cut it.
Bummer about that!
Originally Posted by Steve's 996
There are benefits to living in the bay area. Twisty mountian roads and Sharkwerks. Just replaced Silicon Valley...........Well done.
Thank you Steve!
Originally Posted by thealexman
Videos like that are what make me itch to visit the Bay Area...and also stop by the shop. Well done guys. Hope to make it out there one day.

-Alex
Thanks Alex and anytime you're around for sure
Originally Posted by LaneS@MAcarbon
Congrats guys, you guys always do the best work.
Thank you sir! Same to you.. we're installing some of your CF bits today on a 997TT

Old 04-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Now that the magazine has been out for some time I thought I'd show you some of the images that didn't make it in there... Some of these roads are sublime

Old 10-15-2010, 03:36 PM
NorthShoreJor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by solidst8
Looks like Big Sur. Can't be too hard to find - in the article it looks like they take a ferry ride somewhere.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:51 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthShoreJor
Looks like Big Sur. Can't be too hard to find - in the article it looks like they take a ferry ride somewhere.
Not even close.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:12 PM
NorthShoreJor is infamous around these parts
Norcal is a tough place to beat. I bought an aircooled 911 in SFO about 10 years ago and drove it back up the coast on 101. Would love to head back there one day. We have a similar road here north of Whistler ski resort that offers awesome scenery, sphincter puckering twisties and little in the way of the po-lice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks Featured in Excellence Magazine