997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How durable is th latest design of Victoria's Secret.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
i have a clear bra on my car on the front - and i love it. i track it a bit and it absorbs the damage. i used 3M from accutint in bellevue, wa

i had a big key mark from parking at a best buy (no, i wasn't double parked or anything) and had no paint damage. my insurance paid for a new clear bra and installation.

Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:35 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for all the updates. I certainly want to treasure my 997.2 for years to come, god willing. I did get in touch with Metropolitan and John was great to deal with. They are going to complete wrapping the rest of the car sometime in late February. Now the PDK or DFI better not fail me.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:07 AM
flash80 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Premier Films
To the OP regarding scratches / keys, here is a customer of ours who had his hood keyed supposedly by kid who worked at some automotive shop. We took the film off and no damage to his OEM paint.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ght=vandalized
I'm glad the clear bra was so durable--but I just finished reading through that thread--what a nightmare!!
Sounds like everyone should boycott:
ADVANCED WHEEL REPAIR
476 5th St
(at Jessie St)
San Francisco, CA 94107
(415) 424-4257
www.advancedwheel.com

Old 03-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Thank you for all the updates. I certainly want to treasure my 997.2 for years to come, god willing. I did get in touch with Metropolitan and John was great to deal with. They are going to complete wrapping the rest of the car sometime in late February. Now the PDK or DFI better not fail me.
Glad to see they took care of you!!!

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 04-28-2011, 09:41 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by brendo
i have a clear bra on my car on the front - and i love it. i track it a bit and it absorbs the damage. i used 3M from accutint in bellevue, wa

i had a big key mark from parking at a best buy (no, i wasn't double parked or anything) and had no paint damage. my insurance paid for a new clear bra and installation.
hate to bring back such and old thread, but how'd you get insurance to cover your new clear bra and installation? Did you have to tell them is was installed? Did it increase your rates?

Old 04-28-2011, 10:25 AM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GBXSport
hate to bring back such and old thread, but how'd you get insurance to cover your new clear bra and installation? Did you have to tell them is was installed? Did it increase your rates?
there was no notification like for jewelry, etc like on a homeowners policy. i just claimed the damage thinking we'd have more work to do that just the clear bra. in the end, it was all easy, no rate increase. IIRC it was $700 or so ?

Old 04-28-2011, 10:34 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by brendo
there was no notification like for jewelry, etc like on a homeowners policy. i just claimed the damage thinking we'd have more work to do that just the clear bra. in the end, it was all easy, no rate increase. IIRC it was $700 or so ?
so, if you needed to replace a bumper for example, there's no way insurance would cover that plus clear bra install, i'd assume.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by GBXSport
so, if you needed to replace a bumper for example, there's no way insurance would cover that plus clear bra install, i'd assume.
In my case, they were willing to replace everything needed, including the clear bra, no questions asked. not sure if that's just USAA but i didn't doubt that they would...