997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GT Silver Color Sample / Carrera Sport Wheel Pics ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 10:50 PM
schwartzwest is infamous around these parts
GT Silver Color Sample / Carrera Sport Wheel Pics ?

I bought a set of Carrera Sport wheels of a guy on eBay, but they are finished glass black. My intention is to have them refinished by one of the local wheel shops to match the OEM wheel. However, I'm not sure if they have the exact GT Silver color code and would like to provide them a reference sample.

Does anyone know of some type of color reference I could use, and does anyone have some nice hi-res pics of their OEM Carrera Sport wheels I could also provide to assist the shop?

Of course, if anyone in the Vancouver area has an OEM wheel for me to borrow, that would work too!!

Thanks!

Last edited by schwartzwest; 01-31-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:10 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
PM your email address and i'll send you photos of my GT Silver Targa with GT Silver Carrera Sport wheels.

Ken

Old 02-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I'm local and I have a set of rep. Carrera Sport wheels for sale! They're GT silver center. If you plan to paint your set, will you interest to trade to save you time and get correct GT silver color? I assume yours are also rep. from ebay. Let em know!

Old 02-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Minoclan is infamous around these parts
Does this help?

Attached Images   
Old 02-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Ray
I'm local and I have a set of rep. Carrera Sport wheels for sale! They're GT silver center. If you plan to paint your set, will you interest to trade to save you time and get correct GT silver color? I assume yours are also rep. from ebay. Let em know!
Thanks- the ones I have are OEM.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
okay, I believe GT silver color code is M7Z, ask your body shop and they should able to find that for you! Here are some hi-res. pics of the GT silver wheels, hope this help!!

Old 02-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks! Those are great photos, but they don't really show the contrast between GT Silver spokes and aluminum rim. I have seen some pics where the difference is much more pronounced.

I will confirm with the wheel shop and post back regarding the paint code, if they indeed have something like that in a paint database/computer etc. I haven't met with them yet as I am trying to get all the relevant info first.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:12 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Will try two of my photos, but don't know if they will show what you want.

Attached Images