997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Most entertaining 997s test drive I ever saw on youtube.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 12:59 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
And... it shows that the std exhaust sounds great.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:06 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rye595
Remarkable! It's like an episode of Top Gear gone VERY wrong! Haha. ...
I would say the reverse. JC would summarily knock the car down as a POS, spewing his vitriol against Porsche. These guys actually show a bit of what the car is capable. The sound track is pure entertainment. They enjoyed it and they kept 'the boys in blue' at bay. Yes Sir, certainly Sir!

Old 02-01-2010, 01:07 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Ay the controvery ,
I see the mixed reviews and I can't say that I didn't think that some would overlook focus towards the negative .

What i liked about it however is that their video was not about being a salesman as much as a first drive in a PDK car by two adults who reminded me of Abbot and Costello and other humor teams from the past which nowadays are so uncommon . Watching this applied to the PDK car had me in hysterics . I think some got it but I repect that not everyone will find humor in the same way.

It reminded me of the famous baseball "whose on first" where the humor is found in the combination of sincerity and ignorance .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfmvkO5x6Ng

Old 02-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Ay the controvery ,
I see the mixed reviews and I can't say that I didn't think that some would overlook focus towards the negative .

What i liked about it however is that their video was not about being a salesman as much as a first drive in a PDK car by two adults who reminded me of Abbot and Costello and other humor teams from the past which nowadays are so uncommon . Watching this applied to the PDK car had me in hysterics . I think some got it but I repect that not everyone will find humor in the same way.

It reminded me of the famous baseball "whose on first" where the humor is found in the combination of sincerity and ignorance .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfmvkO5x6Ng
I agree with you. This was not the typical 'used salesman' pitch. It was an entertainment demo of the car on public roads, with 'the boys in blue' at bay. A good motor demo, Sir!

Old 02-01-2010, 02:54 PM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
These two guys in the video are irritating! Sorry for the basic, off-topic question, but what is a launch car?
Launch car was an edition of the vehicle released in the first year with an identical option set and colour. Usually priced better than if you selected all the options individually, but only available in that one configuration and colour.

Usually done to show off some of the new options. In 09 it was a Porsche racing green with beige interior and PDK on an S car. I believe the seats were the GT2 hard backs too.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:03 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
"bang but not bang," "indeed sir"

Old 02-01-2010, 03:36 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Surely this was not meant to be serious - it was too funny. "Sport+...uh...more of the same..."

It did make me want to go out and go for a drive - we like this car!

Old 02-01-2010, 04:07 PM
jtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud ofjtill75 has much to be proud of
the guy driving reminds me of an older, fatter version of Billy May's partner in crime...just a cheesy sales guy who is trying to use his accent to sound smarter. (did he really actually SAY OMG???)

Old 02-01-2010, 05:27 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jtill75
(did he really actually SAY OMG???)
3 times.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:30 PM
yorksboy01742 is infamous around these parts
Just to clarify for those not in the know but the two brit's in question are doing the review in the style of 2 gentleman's tailors on a comedy show called The Fast Show in england. They follow people around in a store going "suits you sir" in a condescending voice.

I am sure it was for the amusement of the public at large...

Here an example of the show as an example - please don't shoot the messenger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1fMf8CB7jE

Old 02-01-2010, 08:39 PM
afridi is infamous around these parts
This video was . It was tongue in cheek....they were enjoying themselves, and thats what Porsches are for.

Great find!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:52 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
"Don't you OMG me sir" LOL omg that had me rollin'

Old 02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
OMG my 8 year old showed me this youtube video last month. Did not want to post it here and incur the wrath of my fellow6speeders.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
It appears that the PDK test drive video has been removed.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:55 PM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
How sad! It was pure automotive (and cinematic) genius!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Most entertaining 997s test drive I ever saw on youtube.