997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

C4S Front Spoiler Lip Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 05:06 PM
tangfish is infamous around these parts
C4S Front Spoiler Lip Advice Needed

Hi All, I've got a problem that I need some advice on. I have a techart kit on my C4S, and the front lip gets banged up and I end up having to repaint it every year. I wanted to get a new lip made of a rubber material that would stand up better to the abuse of streets around here, so I got some advice to get a GT3 front spoiler lip, which I ordered. Once the body shop got my techart lip off with much trouble (there was adhesive and it got ugly), they then went to put on the GT3 lip only to find out that it doesn't fit.

So, now I have a car in the shop with the front chin all grinded up and can't put it back on the road till I find a solution. I'm wondering if the wise minds here can help a brotha out by letting me know what type of rubberized front lip will fit on a 2007 C4S stock front bumper. Please help, I'm stuck!

Old 02-04-2010, 05:10 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Check this thread....it should help u ;-)

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ane-parts.html

Old 02-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info. This lip looks like it'll work and match nicely with my TechArt kit:
http://gt3tek.com/products/997lip.htm

Also, I may even be able to leave it unpainted, which would achieve my goal of not having to repaint it every year. Thanks!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I believe Techart front lip are also made by polyurethane. The problem for you is they're painted, so when even you bang it up, you need to bring it for repaint. Same thing will all other polyurethane painted front lips. People go with GT3 front due to the bottom lip are unpaint black polyurethane which will last longer and take more beat up.

You also mentions the GT3 lip didn't fit? The reason is you also need GT3 bumper cover for GT3 front lip!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Twinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud of
Why do you see this as an advantage over the TechArt lip?

Originally Posted by tangfish
Thanks for the info. This lip looks like it'll work and match nicely with my TechArt kit:
http://gt3tek.com/products/997lip.htm

Also, I may even be able to leave it unpainted, which would achieve my goal of not having to repaint it every year. Thanks!
I was hoping to gain some insight from your thread as I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the TechArt kit and I am disappointed to read of your front lip issues. In another thread I asked the question of how the TechArt product (PUR-RIM) compares to Urethane. I got some pretty good responses and it seems to me that the TechArt product is Urethane based. Do you believe the gt3tek product will perform differently?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Ray, you're right, the TechArt is also made of polyurethane, though - it doesn't look nearly as flexible as the GT3Tek one does on their web site. I wonder if it sits as low as the TechArt one (I hope not). I'm going to try to leave it unfinished, assuming it doesn't look weird. If it doesn't look right I may paint it matte black. I wish they made an OEM lip for my car like they did for the 996 and GT3.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Twinspin
I was hoping to gain some insight from your thread as I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the TechArt kit and I am disappointed to read of your front lip issues. In another thread I asked the question of how the TechArt product (PUR-RIM) compares to Urethane. I got some pretty good responses and it seems to me that the TechArt product is Urethane based. Do you believe the gt3tek product will perform differently?
Well, you can wait to see what my result is. My TechArt front lip got so beat up that I had to repaint it every year. This final time it had a crack all the way through (not just the paint) that was 1 foot wide! It doesn't seem very flexible at all. It's hard to imagine that it's all the paint causing the rigidity. I'll let you know what happens with the GT3Tek lip. At least it matches my TechArt sideskirts well.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Twinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud of
Glad I read this before opening the check book!

When I look at the gt3tek site thier lip looks painted too. Am I missing something?

Old 02-06-2010, 04:19 PM
moolala is infamous around these parts
tangfish, why dont you put 3Mm clear protection film on the front lip of yours so the paint doesnt chip off as easily?

I mean... you bought a lip, you knew its going to take some beating. What do you mean by banged up? do you hit curbs? or just scraping here and there at the bottom of your lip?

Old 02-06-2010, 09:43 PM
The TechArt lip was on the car when I bought it, and it came from a city where it's mostly flat (and decent roads). I live in a city with lots of cobblestone and potholes, and so it takes a beating. I'm not talking little rock chips that 3M would take care of, there's currently a 12+ inch crack all the way through the lip material. So, I'm hoping that a non-painted super bendable poly material like the GT3Tek will do the trick. I'm talking to the maker of that lip and he's very helpful so far and I have high hopes that this will be the right solution for me.