997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2009 Arctic Silver C2S....$$?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:58 PM
TriSilver is infamous around these parts
2009 Arctic Silver C2S....$$?

Guys:

Arctic Silver/black interior is my favorite (classic). I found a car been sitting at the dealer. 2009 w/ supple leather, pwr comf seats, XM radio,Bose stereo, Navigation, heated front, self dimming mirrors, 19"carerra sport wheel (my favorite, has 305s on rear), PASM SPORT suspension, and bluetooth.

doesn't have sport chrono. 6-speed.

100k MSRP

I have them down to 80K. Is there more room?

what about this car even though it doesn't have sport chrono (resale issue)? I do like the PASM sport. No track just a fast car around town.

Opinions welcome.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:24 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TriSilver
Guys:

Arctic Silver/black interior is my favorite (classic). I found a car been sitting at the dealer. 2009 w/ supple leather, pwr comf seats, XM radio,Bose stereo, Navigation, heated front, self dimming mirrors, 19"carerra sport wheel (my favorite, has 305s on rear), PASM SPORT suspension, and bluetooth.

doesn't have sport chrono. 6-speed.

100k MSRP

I have them down to 80K. Is there more room?

what about this car even though it doesn't have sport chrono (resale issue)? I do like the PASM sport. No track just a fast car around town.

Opinions welcome.
This is pretty good . You can try and use the " supple leather chairs are old school" argument but that might just tick them off.

Write a check for 78600 and see if they let you walk. They might.

In my opinion -- The better route would be to get clear markers , silver crest, and sport shifter --at their 80K price. In short you meet their price under your conditions.

Silver/Black is a hot seller . It sounds like a nice car. Congrats in advance.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:37 PM
clear markers??? (the clearshield is that what you mean?)

and how about PorscheCrest...what's that?

Understand the sport shifter....

Old 02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
clear markers??? (the clearshield is that what you mean?)

and how about PorscheCrest...what's that?

Understand the sport shifter....
Clear side markers are the plastic lenses on the side of the car . In the North American cars they are amber but most swap them immediately to clear .

The Porsche badge is gold . On a silver car the gold badge is not as nice as the silver one .

Here's some pics --
Here is a car with amber markers on the side and the gold badge on the hood.

Here is a car in the same color with cleat markers - look how much cleaner it looks.

Here is my car with a silver badge

Look at the first picture --notice the Porsche emblem on the hood is gold. Look at mine here --it's silver .

I also have clear markers and a silver badge on my white car . Haven't taken a closeup though.

Attached Images     

Last edited by yrralis1; 02-05-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:55 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Larry might have missed something - is the car new, punched or used? The car has 305's on the rear and they aren't delivered with those, so it sounds like the car is used. If it's used, you need a full PPI and a DME scan. Is it CPO or just the balance of factory warranty. People really value the sport chrono, so add that to the evaluation.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by ryem3
Larry might have missed something - is the car new, punched or used? The car has 305's on the rear and they aren't delivered with those, so it sounds like the car is used. If it's used, you need a full PPI and a DME scan. Is it CPO or just the balance of factory warranty. People really value the sport chrono, so add that to the evaluation.
If that car is punched that's 4K more off and used that's 6K more on top of the extras. I also like sport chrono but those extras (clears, crest, sport shift) installed would cost him 1500 or so.
Good call Rye!!!

Last edited by yrralis1; 02-05-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:41 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
i think the price 20% is fair, its just a question of having the options YOU want.
If its used I'd definately ask them to throw in the CPO. GL

Old 02-05-2010, 06:44 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
I'd take it if new, but the supple seats would be tough to look at every day.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:50 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ryem3

305's standard with the Carrera Sport Wheel (option XRR)

Old 02-05-2010, 07:06 PM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
I think that looks good to me. Best I could do before getting my turbo was 20K off. Porsche cash to dealer was just short of that, and that's why they're dealing.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:25 PM
It is new 2009 and not used. No sport chrono concerns me and I hate the supple leather frankly....hoping I'd get used to it. If I pass on this car, then I'd just order a 2010 (getting tougher to get) actually dealers tell me it would be a May build for a C2S and would be a 2011. My car would MSRP at about 103k and they say only about 3% off list. So....I'd end up roughly 95-98k. But with options that I want and a current year new car (2011)for 15-18k more.......Apples to apples is that I was thinking of having them add PSE exhaust for option cost of 2,800 vs. the teqequip 3700 kit. Which narrows the gap to a 2011.

Sounds like although a pretty good deal, the supple leather and lack of sport chrono could be an issue. I'm thinking I may pass and just get exactily what I want.

I appreciate the input guys.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:25 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Originally Posted by tejoe
305's standard with the Carrera Sport Wheel (option XRR)
Yep - I got 305s from the factory with the Carerra Sports

Old 02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
It is new 2009 and not used. No sport chrono concerns me and I hate the supple leather frankly....hoping I'd get used to it. If I pass on this car, then I'd just order a 2010 (getting tougher to get) actually dealers tell me it would be a May build for a C2S and would be a 2011. My car would MSRP at about 103k and they say only about 3% off list. So....I'd end up roughly 95-98k. But with options that I want and a current year new car (2011)for 15-18k more.......Apples to apples is that I was thinking of having them add PSE exhaust for option cost of 2,800 vs. the teqequip 3700 kit. Which narrows the gap to a 2011.

Sounds like although a pretty good deal, the supple leather and lack of sport chrono could be an issue. I'm thinking I may pass and just get exactily what I want.

I appreciate the input guys.
95K is a sub 5K mile CPO Turbo (with change in your pocket) but that's oranges to apples.

With no incentives on the 2010 cars and 09 leftovers being a matter of personal taste with the options the 85K price level is currently in limbo with the 997s. If you dislike supple and want chrono = NO DEAL.

Lets say you spend 98K then that car will be worth 73K one year later so it would have to be to the letter of your liking. Plus the 991 (redesign) is coming soon enough too.

My feeling is -- (not in order)
1) Hit the used 60- 68K CPO range and undercut the new cars.
2) Hit the 85K range with a used CPO Turbo or GT3 .
3) Find a 2010 on the lot (there are many) and try to get 12 percent at the end of each sales month .

Old 02-05-2010, 09:20 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
I'm thinking I may pass and just get exactily what I want.
I think that is the right way to think about it. You'll love it more if you spec it without the supple leather.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:16 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
If your NOT in a hurry, the car you want will come around (and, probably for less $$$).

You can do research here on new and used Porsches: http://www.porschedealer.com/dealer/usLocator/states/

This is how I found my used (CPO) 2007 C2 Coupe with 16,xxx miles optioned almost 100% the way I wanted. You just have to do a little leg work. I actually found this to be really fun!

And, the best part is that if the car is far away, you can negotiate via email and never even have to deal with car salesmen face to face. I got $8k off what they were asking for my Coupe without ever actually having to talk with anyone in person or on the phone.

I just took the train 100 miles south of where I lived (cloes to the dealership, they picked me up at the train station), inspected and test drove the car, signed papers and drove off. So easy!

Good luck!

Steve

PS: Dont settle! Its waaaay too much $$$ for that. Be picky, you deserve to get exactly (or close) to what you are looking for, for this kind of $$$.

PSS: IMHO, Sports Chrono is nothing more than a very expensive stop watch. I looked for cars that DID NOT have this option.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 Arctic Silver C2S....$$?