997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Teaser Alert: 997.2 Race Headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Teaser Alert: 997.2 Race Headers

What's going on here? Something's missing.

OK, I can't resist. I hate teasers just as much as the next guy, but these images are just too pretty to stay on my hard drive any longer! On our never-ending quest to maximize the performance of our shop 997.2 we bring you the first look at a prototype race header system we had the opportunity to test on our own shop car.

I'll do my best to answer some questions that I'm pretty sure are going to come up. Unfortunately at this time there's not too much more that I can tell you other then the fact that these sound AMAZING, they really livened up the top end of our car, and we will hopefully be able to make an announcement on pricing and availability within the next few weeks. We'll do our best to get before/after dyno results at that time.

Our car was previously equipped with Cargraphic Super Sound Export side mufflers, and the Cargraphic center-exit x-pipe section (with merging gas) mated to a OEM 997.2 GT3 rear bumper. The sound and performance was great, but the removal of the extremely restrictive stock cats really freed up the exhaust flow and allowed the Cargraphic system to do what it does best, provide power and phenomenal sound!

For now, enjoy the pictures and feel free to ask questions. Like I said, we'll do our best to give you as much info as we can at this time.

Stock vs Race side by side comparison:

Passenger side in place and ready to rock 'n' roll:

Complete set. The welds are amazing and the overall construction is simply perfect:

A view from underneath of both sides in place and ready for the first test drive. Stay tuned for a video with sound clips. As soon as the rain stops, we'll get a few clips to share with you guys.

A few lucky 6Speeders that were in attendance at the 48 Hours of Sebring PCA club race this past weekend got the chance to hear the system first hand, so I'm sure they'll chime in with some opinions on the overall quality and sound.

Enjoy!
-Tom

Last edited by Tom@Champion; 02-09-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
In the second photo from the top (the side-by-side comparison) what is the narrow diameter pipe that is hanging off the header?
They do look quite well-made. How do they compare (power output with everything else kept the same) with the X51's?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:27 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Those look really nice! Welds look super clean!

Old 02-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Verde
In the second photo from the top (the side-by-side comparison) what is the narrow diameter pipe that is hanging off the header?
They do look quite well-made. How do they compare (power output with everything else kept the same) with the X51's?
That odd smaller diameter pipe is the O2 simulator bung, to eliminate check engine light issues due to the absence of cats.

As for power output, the butt dyno tells me the car is pulling much harder up in the higher rpm range. At first I thought it might be a bit of a placebo effect, but after putting in significant seat time in the car over the past few days, I'm convinced the gains are certainly there.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Thought that might be the use. Though I thought it was just to get the sensor out of the (increased) gas-flow that 200 call cats provided. Obviously even more important with no cats. I was curious because I almost had to buy a set of offset bungs for my x-pipe, to halt repeated CEL's I was getting after installation. Turned out to be another problem that the installer (me!) didn't initially catch. Once fixed, no CEL's and no bungs required.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
That odd smaller diameter pipe is the O2 simulator bung, to eliminate check engine light issues due to the absence of cats.

As for power output, the butt dyno tells me the car is pulling much harder up in the higher rpm range. At first I thought it might be a bit of a placebo effect, but after putting in significant seat time in the car over the past few days, I'm convinced the gains are certainly there.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:41 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I was at the Sebring 48hrs and got to hear the RS-1 car with these cat-less headers and the Cargraphic muffler and WOW...sounds like the Cup cars that were out on the track!

Tom, don't forget about those BMG filters I want to order. I sent a email. Let me know when they are in stock and ready to ship so I can pay ya....thanks!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
So is this gonna be kinda like running cat-bypass pipes?

Would you recommend running these new headers (with no cats) coupled with your RS-1 center muffler?

Old 02-09-2010, 08:34 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Axxlrod

Would you recommend running these new headers (with no cats) coupled with your RS-1 center muffler?
This is for the .2 cars...2009-2010 cars. Exhaust is different on the .1 cars 2005-08.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:56 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great Tom! Thumbs up for a great looking product!

Since I own a 997.1, I do not know the exact exhaust setup... By using this product, do you completely eliminate the cats in the system?

Also are you guys coming to PBIR this weekend for the Braman event?

Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Yes, I know this. I'm asking for my own information.

My question is still valid.

Originally Posted by mdrums
This is for the .2 cars...2009-2010 cars. Exhaust is different on the .1 cars 2005-08.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:15 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
The exhaust on the 997.2 is very different from the 997.1 The headers and cats are stacked together. With these equal length Race Headers we eliminated the cars and just run the header.

We will be attending the PBIR event on Saturday. See you there.
Yes sir! I'll see you guys there!

Old 02-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Axxlrod

Essentially yes, it's a cat bypass system. But since the oem headers and cats are one unit, we're calling these "race headers".

The sound is VERY aggressive. I wouldn't necessarily pair these with our RS1 system unless you really want a super loud aggressive sound.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:12 PM
ZoSo_DXB is infamous around these parts
Nice !
cant wait for the vid

Old 02-10-2010, 01:22 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Subscribed. Cant wait to hear and see dyno numbers.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor
Walking outside to shoot some video right now....stay tuned.

Dyno numbers probably won't come until the system is close to being ready for release. A lot of it is out of our hands, but I'm doing my best to push real hard for these to get done quick!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser Alert: 997.2 Race Headers