997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sport Bucket Seat Conversion???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Twinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud of
Sport Bucket Seat Conversion???

I bought a 2009 C4s Launch car with the leather Sport Bucket Seats and although I love them I need to swap for seats that will allow for a child seat

Does anyone know how hard it would be to swap out for Factory seats?

Anyone know where I could find Factory seats?

Any idea of the marketability of black leather sport buckets (1400 miles)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:03 PM
BruceinCary is infamous around these parts
PM sent.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:43 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! Are you kidding me? A lot of people would die to trade them for a good price!

Old 02-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Twinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud of
Wow are you kidding me?

Originally Posted by sin911
Wow! Are you kidding me? A lot of people would die to trade them for a good price!
Indeed I have received a number of PMs. To all that wrote me I will respond shortly. In the interim, I am truly interested in what is possible. Does anyone know if cars that ship with the $3.5k carbon fiber sport bucket option are prewired for electric seats? I suspect that the memory option is out of the question......I am truly interested in available retrofit options. Anyone???

For those expressing interest ...I lack the 100 posts necessary to openly discuss trade possibilities on this forum. Despite my multi-year relationship with Porsche and this board I guess I do not pass muster and I will respect the rules.

Thanks.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:56 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Twinspin
Indeed I have received a number of PMs. To all that wrote me I will respond shortly. In the interim, I am truly interested in what is possible. Does anyone know if cars that ship with the $3.5k carbon fiber sport bucket option are prewired for electric seats? I suspect that the memory option is out of the question......I am truly interested in available retrofit options. Anyone???

For those expressing interest ...I lack the 100 posts necessary to openly discuss trade possibilities on this forum. Despite my multi-year relationship with Porsche and this board I guess I do not pass muster and I will respect the rules.

Thanks.
To be perfectly honest, I have no idea...

If the car is pre-wired for the use of electric seats, I am pretty sure you should also be able to use the driver memory option.

You can ask GT3 Chuck to help you with the post for sale I'm sure he would help!

I would have loved to take these seats out of your hands, but unfortunately I have a lot going on with the car to buy them from you...

Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the idea of working with GT3 Chuck on posting rights. I have a few nice tid bits that would be of interest to our group.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:07 AM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
Twinspin,

To the best of my knowledge, you should be able to get power to the seats but memory will be dependant on the original option. The mirror memory should have given you the option to use memory seats.

I spoke with my dealer about this just recently as they have a fella who might be interested in ditching the sport buckets and they said that the last time they did it it wasn't an easy task adapting the full power seats. Again, just hearing this from the dealer, so don't take my word for it.

Good luck and drop me a line when you know what's up.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:14 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Ask your dealer about the wiring - they will know. I'd have to think they have some power to them because even the manual seats come with power back recline.

As to your question of value - they are probably worth in the $5600-5900 range as they are $6600 from discount places like Suncoast. Look around and you'll see standard seats with asking prices in the $2k range. So my guess is that if you were to get your seats plus say $3500, that would probably be fair with each guy paying the labor to swap (about 2 hours for 2 seats = $200 to $250). Optimal would be you find somebody local and both cars are at the dealer and they swap them over.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks I apprecite your insights. I am focusing more on finding an acceptable option for me (ablility to install and condition) rather than turning a profit or generating cashflow.....meaning somebody is probabaly going to get a real sweetheart deal!

Any suggestions where I would look for Standard or Sports Seats? I did not see anything like this listed on Suncoast.

Again Thanks for the thoughts.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:30 AM
atr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud ofatr911 has much to be proud of
Call suncoast. They won't be listed online because most people changing seats are upgrading from those. To be honest, I think you'll overpay buying new. I'll bet the seats are $3-4000 new.

Really nice, gently used seats are probably the way to go but it all depends on how picky you are with what you want.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks. I just sent Ric and Ryan a note.