997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

AWE CATs install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:28 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
My issue is I don't want to lose the on/off button. I like having the ability to be in quiet mode especially if I have a girl in the car. I have read that changing the headers makes little sound difference, so I'm stuck. If I could just change the mufflers and keep that button, then I would. I like the Cargraphic muffler sound, but I do not want it loud all the time.
Sorry for laughing, but I find it hilarous that you must have quiet with a "girl in the car". Really, to each is own--that's fine--just thought it was funny.

Well, then go with the OEM sport exhaust -- problem solved.

The Cargraphic is very mild when driven normally. Many of the side muffler replacements are that way IMO. What kills me is that even at WOT on the stock, standard exhaust, it sounds like I'm driving a Camry.

Oh, I got it, drive only with the girl in the car and go back to stock -- there, that's the least expensive solution.

Come on now...this is a frigging Carrera -- they're truly meant to be heard!

Old 03-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Sorry for laughing, but I find it hilarous that you must have quiet with a "girl in the car". Really, to each is own--that's fine--just thought it was funny.

Well, then go with the OEM sport exhaust -- problem solved.

The Cargraphic is very mild when driven normally. Many of the side muffler replacements are that way IMO. What kills me is that even at WOT on the stock, standard exhaust, it sounds like I'm driving a Camry.

Oh, I got it, drive only with the girl in the car and go back to stock -- there, that's the least expensive solution.

Come on now...this is a frigging Carrera -- they're truly meant to be heard!
You only leave it on if that "girl in the car" is your wife