997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My Journey Starts: from GT3 to 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 02:16 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
^^^Have you been prying into my checking account -- how much $ do you think I've really lost on this? I can say that it's not enough for a DD.

As the title indicates...it's a journey, not a destination. The modest (to me at least) money lost was less than the value gained by the journey.

But you're right, one car will never satisfy -- it's a journey for me -- a hobby if you will.
As long as you are happy.. that's what matters . I have never sold a car and didn't lose money . I never bought a car and didn't lose either. I have also traded frequently and every transaction comes with cost. It can get old .. fast.

It led me to realize afew things --about the cars, about myself .. somewhat of a learning experience. .

No matter how ones cuts it --it's not cheap.
And BTW --the goals and expectations of this car "journey" are met .. that's what i would wish for anyone.

Good luck with this 997.2S.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:33 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new car, nice to see people are still buying the manual transmissions.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:45 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
^^^yes, love the 6spd. I did drive a PDK and it was amazing. However, I'm still a 6spd guy at heart.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:53 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
^^^yes, love the 6spd. I did drive a PDK and it was amazing. However, I'm still a 6spd guy at heart.
I drove a PDK car and it is cool, but I too am a manual transmission guy!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:14 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
sounds like crazy transformation, i would have gone from 2010GT3 to 2010Turbo to have the back seats and raw power personally.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:28 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I drove a PDK car and it is cool, but I too am a manual transmission guy!

I too am a manual guy but for a DD here in New York...PDK is only choice. Pittsburgh winters can't be much different than NY so invest in a winter tire package.

Also. just received BMC hi flo filters. If you hold them up to the stock and look thru the difference is amazing. Stock filters are SO restrictive. Add them to your mod list. Good Luck

Old 02-19-2010, 04:34 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 07speed
Also. just received BMC hi flo filters. If you hold them up to the stock and look thru the difference is amazing. Stock filters are SO restrictive. Add them to your mod list. Good Luck
Thanks! I will indeed.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:40 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
He still needs to get a 2010 TT (a major improvement over his '09 TT). After all it has back seats.
Yep I agree...Taylor drive the Carrera S for a month or so and this spring go get a new 2010 Twin Turbo....much nice car than the .1 Turbo.

Oh and by the way ...GO STEELERS...!

Old 02-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
I have an extra set coming with Mdrums filters. Let me know if you want me to write your name on them
Plz write taylorcoleman on it sir. Rennsport-1 is always looking out for me.

The Mdrums filters are similar to BMC? What are the differences?

Old 02-19-2010, 08:44 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Plz write taylorcoleman on it sir. Rennsport-1 is always looking out for me.

The Mdrums filters are similar to BMC? What are the differences?
No he means my BMC filter (I am mdrums) are on the way with other BMC filters. He is getting in BMC filters.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:17 AM
^^^^I'm feeling stupid now

Old 02-20-2010, 05:56 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
First off Im very happy for you and your new purchase, congrats! But seriously, I had an S I drove a GT3 and I now own a Turbo, there is no possible way I would ever go in the direction you did.... granted you know you arent the norm, LOL, who really is, but still just tough to understand how/why you change up so quickly, especially with how nicely modded your turbo was. No real need for an explanation, Im just baffled on this end of the computer, lol, anyways if you keep this car long enough to read this post again good luck with her

Old 02-20-2010, 07:17 AM
e3113v is infamous around these parts
Car guys are car guys!

TaylorColeman= real car guy with financial fortitude...lucky SOB!
I have a friend who went through 6 sports cars in 2 years: Cayman S, MB SL55 AMG, C2S, 2 TT's and finally an '06 F430. As you already mentioned, it's a journey not a destination!
I just traded in my well-modded '05 C2S for an 07 GT3...will be installing rear seats within the next few weeks for my 6 yr old daughter.
Why a GT3? Because I feel it's the best modern 911...sure that's debatable but after driving it, I came away thinking as good as my C2S is, the GT3 is what a 911 should be...IMHO!
I only started doing DE's last year so I'm far from a hard-core trackie but man it's addictive.
I hope to enjoy this car for a few years and many miles with my family; and then when my daughter is older and can ride up front... out go the rear seats and in goes the roll cage (?)!

Buy what you like and enjoy the new ride for as long as you like...
-E.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:24 AM
e3113v is infamous around these parts
Sorry, don't want to hi-jack this thread but this is correct. I've researched installing rear seats/belts in a GT3 and spoken to one who's done it.
It can be done in 07 and 08's GT3's but not in 2010's because the shell (floor paneling?, not sure) has been lightened significantly.
-E.

Originally Posted by machina
My understanding is that only the 07 and 08 GT3 have the seatbelt mounting bosses and the seat back mounting bosses in place.

The 2010 GT3's do not come with the seatbelt and back mounting bosses as there was a change in the production of the shell.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:16 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
If you are making the effort to change the exhaust system, why not go for power instead of poseur? Your proposed mods (crossover/mufflers) make no power.

An ECU flash without headers and high-flow cats makes no sense to me?

A matched full system, long tube headers, 200 cell cats, mufflers and ECU flash, is well worth the investment.

I love my FVD/Brombacher system (use search). It sounds great but most important to me it makes power.

To each his own And I hope you have found your perfect compromise car! Cheers-

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Journey Starts: from GT3 to 997.2