997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone familiar with Sunset Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:49 PM
hrm
hrm is infamous around these parts
Anyone familiar with Sunset Porsche

I have a deposit on a Porsche at Sunset Porsche in Beaverton, Oregon. Is anyone familiar with this dealership? I was planning on flying out to check out the car, but thought I would ask here first.

Any comments good or bad?

If anyone has the time to stop by to check out the car so I don't have to fly over I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:51 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
I'm local. Have talked to their sales department in the past (but never bought a car from them). Have had my car serviced with them.

Did you buy this car?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-imports.html

Old 02-21-2010, 01:08 AM
hrm
That looks like the one. I am supposed to fly out to inspect it but was hoping I could get someone from the area to stop by.

Is rust an issue I need to worry about in Portland? I am unfamiliar with the area.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:20 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by hrm
That looks like the one. I am supposed to fly out to inspect it but was hoping I could get someone from the area to stop by.

Is rust an issue I need to worry about in Portland? I am unfamiliar with the area.
Rust really isn't a problem in our area (unless the owner lived out on the Oregon coast). We don't salt our roads during the winter. Is this a local car? Did Sunset sell the car new? Is it a one-owner car?

I noticed it is a CPO so that's a good thing. Did you get a recent DME done? They are about 20 minutes away so I can stop by on Monday and take a look for you if you would like.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:32 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Get a Dme scan to detect engine over rev history . If Joe looks at the car that woild help you but I always feel its best to see the vehicle yourself. I greatly value his opinion but the final accountability on the decision is in your hands when you write the check . Seeing the car eases the pressure placed on him. It's a big purchase and my vote always goes to reducing any doubts.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Steven B is infamous around these parts
Sounds really nice - Let us know how this turns out.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:34 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I use 'em a lot for parts and they are great. They are knowledgeable and helpful and their pricing on OEM parts can not be beat.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:16 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dadio
I use 'em a lot for parts and they are great. They are knowledgeable and helpful and their pricing on OEM parts can not be beat.

Don't you use/mean "SUNCOAST" (Florida), not Sunset (Oregon)?

Old 02-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Fly up there with checkbook in hand, and if it checks out, drive it home. The Oregon coast is so beautiful; much more so than Big Sur even, to me at least.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tejoe
Don't you use/mean "SUNCOAST" (Florida), not Sunset (Oregon)?
No. Actually have used them both but I use Sunset the most. Just find them responsive to my inquires. Don't have any beef with SunCoast as I have purchased from them before with no problems at all. Have found Sunset to be the more competetive of the 2 when I have compared one with the other. Both are great to work with.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:50 PM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
hrm - congrats! I hope it checks out. I e-mailed with them to get the scoop, and by the time he was ready to send pictures, it was gone! You must have snapped it up quickly. Their asking price was quite reasonable I thought. Make sure to get DME results before flying there... if they are good, I think you'll be happy.

Good luck.

-M

Old 02-21-2010, 04:01 PM
hrm
Thanks guys I'm really excited. If all goes well I am planning on driving it down the coast over a long weekend.

Joe, if you have the time tomorrow I would greatly appreciate it if you could check it out. I'd be happy to treat you to dinner once I'm up there.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:22 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dadio
No. Actually have used them both but I use Sunset the most. Just find them responsive to my inquires. Don't have any beef with SunCoast as I have purchased from them before with no problems at all. Have found Sunset to be the more competetive of the 2 when I have compared one with the other. Both are great to work with.

Thanks; appreciate the advice.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Get a Dme scan to detect engine over rev history . If Joe looks at the car that woild help you but I always feel its best to see the vehicle yourself. I greatly value his opinion but the final accountability on the decision is in your hands when you write the check . Seeing the car eases the pressure placed on him. It's a big purchase and my vote always goes to reducing any doubts.
+1. Totally agree with Larry here as this would be a pretty big purchase for myself and at the end of the day, I have a certain level of expectation that may be different from others so I would want to check the car out in person. It wouldn't hurt for another board member who was close by to take a quick look first and report back some basic info but at the end of the day, I'd want to check everything out before cutting the check.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by hrm
Thanks guys I'm really excited. If all goes well I am planning on driving it down the coast over a long weekend.

Joe, if you have the time tomorrow I would greatly appreciate it if you could check it out. I'd be happy to treat you to dinner once I'm up there.
No problem, I'll swing by tomorrow late morning and have a look. I'll also send you a PM now to get some additional info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with Sunset Porsche