997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Broadway Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:37 PM
JTK
JTK is infamous around these parts
Yrralis1: I don't mean to get all teary eyed or anything like that but you've helped me a lot with your posts and your opinions along with others. I don't belong to any other forum except this one because of the people. Let's all give each other a hug. just kiddin about the hug.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:59 PM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Haha - I'll hug you in Dallas if I can get this car for a reasonable price DME scan is PERFECT. Looks like 70 ignitions in Range 1, nothing in any other range.

Now it's just down to price, and a quick inspection from you when you're available. I appreciate the help!

-Mike

Old 02-22-2010, 03:28 PM
JTK
let me know, it's on my way home so I can stop by just about anytime.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:18 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
rye595,

Just sent you a PM that might help you in negotiating a price on this car.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:57 AM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Once again - you guys have all been awesome and very helpful.

JoeShark, thanks for sending the info on the Sunset car - looks like a great find, and supports my feeling that the car I found is too high.

JTK, thanks for checking out the Boardwalk car for me! Very helpful.

Looks like price is going to be the limiting factor on this one. Car checks out - beautiful DME scan, and it's in great shape, new tires, etc. But the dealer has been seemingly honest with me on this one, telling me they want to earn the business of a 6-speeder, but they simply paid too much for the car and can't let it go for less than $64K with CPO. Given that it has fewer options and is a year older than the Sunset car, I'm not willing to go that high. I can't imagine anyone else would go that high either, but who knows... Maybe they'll call me in a few weeks and make me an offer.

I've been close twice now - third time's a charm!

-Mike

Old 02-24-2010, 09:03 AM
JTK
Mike: No problem, glad to do it. I don't blame you, you really want to buy a Porsche for the right price. It just makes the whole experience better. Keep looking, you'll find one that is perfect for you.

Joe

Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Mike,

Hang in there. Either this dealership will come down a few $$$ or another car will pop up on the radar. As Larry has pointed out before, the great thing about being a buyer is that you are the one holding all the cards and you can always walk away from a deal if it's not priced right. In this case, I think $64K is still a little to high.

I'm curious, did you show the details on the Sunset car to these guys and if so, what was their reaction? I guess they probably said what you mentioned which is they paid to much for the car.

Joe

Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 AM
p944s1987 is infamous around these parts
I have been looking as well.

We should detertmine who is looking for what and really help each other out around the counrty. It should also be less expenice to buy 2-3 cars if we stuck together...

As an example, I would be willing to personally look at a car in my area to help someone as I have been down this road myself in a search.

Mike

Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Joe,

I talked about the Sunset car with them and told them that I had several data points to show that their price is too high. In the end, Owen agreed with me that the price was high, but basically told me that the guy who bought the car was essentially on his way out and probably paid too much. He said he really wanted to come down in price and make a deal with me, but that he just couldn't do it based on what they already had invested in the car. He even told me that he can't find the extra set of keys and manuals, and would have to pay to order those in order to CPO it. Sounds like they are very disorganized with their brand new management.

The funny thing is, I can't believe they think they'll find someone else willing to pay more, but who knows... they're hedging their bets, hoping someone will agree to buy it without CPO, since it's in nice shape.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:24 AM
p944s - what are you looking for? I was thinking I'd post a new thread with a description of my search in case anyone sees anything. Maybe we should start a "searching for..." thread.

I'm trying to find a 2006 or newer C2S. Must be manual, coupe, and I'd like Sports chrono, sport seats, and black, guards red, or atlas grey. Also like nav, bose, power seats, full leather, etc, but am pretty flexible about options overall. Would like a CPO car from a dealer, must have a clean DME, less than 20K miles. But I'd do private as well for the right car with a great owner. Was looking for mid-high 50's, but have been ready to go as high as $60K for a private car, and $62K for a CPO. Budget can always flex

-Mike

Old 02-24-2010, 10:29 AM
p944s1987 is infamous around these parts
I am looking for 05 or 06 "s", red, black or white. Aero kit, sport seats. Under 20K miles, 6 speed, no tips. We should talk. I have abrother looking as weel, so that is 3 cars!

Old 02-24-2010, 10:33 AM
HA - sounds like we're all looking for the same thing! Too bad there aren't many out there right now...

Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 PM
jastx is infamous around these parts
Boardwalk is my local dealer and I have had my two other Porsches serviced with them - excellent shop. I tried to buy an 06 almost just like the '07 you're looking at but we couldn't come to agreement on the numbers. I found the one I bought instead in Colorado Springs.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by p944s1987
I am looking for 05 or 06 "s", red, black or white. Aero kit, sport seats. Under 20K miles, 6 speed, no tips. We should talk. I have abrother looking as weel, so that is 3 cars!
If the factory Aero kit is critical, that's going to really limit your options. Just don't make that a limiting factor if you find the ideal car otherwise. Suncoast offers the factory kit (sometimes at a nice discount) that you can always add or there are so many aftermarket options you can pick from later (I've got three different makes on my car).

Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The funny thing is, I can't believe they think they'll find someone else willing to pay more, but who knows... they're hedging their bets, hoping someone will agree to buy it without CPO, since it's in nice shape.
Meet them partially half way . If they want you to be flexible and understanding to their price point .. they need to reciprocate.

If your "sweet spot" is 60K and the car checked out but they are in over their head (not your problem BTW) --offer 61.2 firm plus clear side markers -- one time as a here and now offer .. and if they let you walk then it will leave them doubting themselves and you still have your savings.

If they sell you the car .. well you paid 1200 over but so what .. the search is over and you can start driving and enjoying it. That's a relief in itself.

It's the end of the month . They have got to want to sell that unit.

Last edited by yrralis1; 02-24-2010 at 10:14 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Broadway Porsche