997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Broadway Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 02:22 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Just for the heck of it --I looked at auto trader for Colorado cars closer to you . Gee --there are a lot of 08 leftover cars . there are also a lot of cars asking high prices . No wonder you are looking everywhere.

So -- I looked at 07 -08 cars . Then I looked at 2009 cars.
Most were priced in the mid to upper 80's which sounds extremely high.
These big price disparities are very confusing on all these model years.

I did find one 09 c2s car under a 72K price limit.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Last edited by yrralis1; 02-25-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:45 AM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light
If you find the right car I wouldn't dicker over the last couple thousand. You might end up settling for something that is "close to right" but not want you really wanted. From my experience the fun factor that these cars provide is worth more than the going sales prices.

And once you buy a car, don't go asking whether or not the deal was good. There is always a better deal and you will get depressed. As noted in a few threads the prices are increasing from the over deflated prices from 8 mos ago and we are coming into driving season in many parts of the country.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:15 PM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah - it's a strange market right now. I'm realizing prices are higher than they were even when I started looking a month or two ago! Prices all over the place, and even C2 (non-s) cars are in the mid 60's asking prices.

I'm debating whether or not to do that red car at Boardwalk. Two problems though: No bose (do I care?) no power seats (doesn't really bother me).

Plus, they really don't seem to think they can go much below $64K. Maybe if I hold out a bit, they'll take $63K instead of sending it to auction.

What I like is that it has a perfect DME, and seems to be in nice shape.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:16 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rye595
Yeah - it's a strange market right now. I'm realizing prices are higher than they were even when I started looking a month or two ago! Prices all over the place, and even C2 (non-s) cars are in the mid 60's asking prices.

I'm debating whether or not to do that red car at Boardwalk. Two problems though: No bose (do I care?) no power seats (doesn't really bother me).

Plus, they really don't seem to think they can go much below $64K. Maybe if I hold out a bit, they'll take $63K instead of sending it to auction.

What I like is that it has a perfect DME, and seems to be in nice shape.
Lack of Bose would be a dealbreaker for me. The only way I would opt out of it is with a gt3 only because that car lacks it as a possibility. But even the Bose is awful and the factory system is so bad that I woild not buy the car.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:24 PM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Ouch! Interesting thought on the Bose. Honestly, I've driven a handful of 997's in the past month, and I haven't even turned on the radio yet. If I owned it, that might be a different story though. Arrgh. These deals just keep getting tougher

Dealer has made a last ditch effort to earn my business and I'm tempted to do it. But this has got to be the first car I've looked at that doesn't have Bose. I've never given it much thought until now!

Old 02-25-2010, 03:50 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
I don't have Bose and it was a non-issue for myself. This may be due to the fact that I'm not a serious music lover and/or my car is a Cab and the majority of the time I drive with the top down. For what it's worth, my buddy who has a 997.2 got his car with Bose and within two months ripped it out (he said it was horrible) and had a local car audio dealership put in a serious system to his own specs.

Curious to know what the dealers last ditch effort is. Based on pricing I'm seeing (as well as the fact that we are moving into spring time and car buying season), if you really like this car and the DME checks out, tell them $62K with the CPO and you'll fly down within the week to pick it up.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:00 PM
DME checks out perfectly - only 70 ignitions in range 1 4.5 engine hours ago.

Last ditch effort was $63K (CPO included), but I got him to throw in a clear bra, and fix a small door ding. I am 90% there - having him put together a work sheet which I'll probably accept.

I'm at the point where I know I might find a better equipped car for less if I search long enough, but this one has a color combo I like, wheels I like, and *most* of the options I like, plus it seems to have a great history and 3 more years of factory warranty with the CPO.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:37 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of

Last ditch effort was $63K (CPO included), but I got him to throw in a clear bra, and fix a small door ding. I am 90% there - having him put together a work sheet which I'll probably accept.

I'm at the point where I know I might find a better equipped car for less if I search long enough, but this one has a color combo I like, wheels I like, and *most* of the options I like, plus it seems to have a great history and 3 more years of factory warranty with the CPO.
Clear bra alone is worth at least $1,200 for a half-hood job and much, much more for the full hood. I'd ask for the full-hood/bumper/fenders job (I have it on my car as I dislike the line on the half-hood job).

Door ding repair (the dentless type) would set you back another $250.

Glad to hear this is coming along for you. That DME scan (plus the CPO) will give you such peace of mind which is hard to put a $$$ amount on. Nice.

Don't forget to have them throw in the clear corners

Old 02-25-2010, 06:05 PM

This might be "the one" !!! Good luck. Don't let my Bose opinion throw you off. I am at 61.2K The clear bra and door ding bring it to 62K . This is very close.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by p944s1987
I am looking for 05 or 06 "s", red, black or white. Aero kit, sport seats. Under 20K miles, 6 speed, no tips. We should talk. I have abrother looking as weel, so that is 3 cars!
White w/ aero kit plus more. It's an '08 though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Old 02-27-2010, 11:29 AM
All who are interested - I am very close to a deal on the aforementioned 2007 C2S. I should be picking it up in Texas next Saturday! Going to fly my father out here too, so we can drive it back together. I'll post a new thread when there's an update.

Side note - it still drives me crazy how I wrote "Broadway" in the thread title. I can't find a way to edit it... anyone know! They deserve some press, rather than the fictitious "Broadway Porsche." Ha.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Congrats!!! That sounds great. What nice event both you and yoir dad have to look forward to . Post pics and first impressions .

Old 02-27-2010, 02:49 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Congrats! You're going to love it!

Old 02-27-2010, 05:18 PM
fusion85 is infamous around these parts
I located a car there via the internet & found them very willing to deal. My wife & I flew in, were picked up @ the airport, signed the papers, & drove home to Seattle. A smooth process & wonderful trip.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:43 PM
superman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nice
a little late but my $.02...Boardwalk is a great dealership