997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Broadway Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:01 PM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Boardwalk Porsche

Hey there - anyone have any experience with BOARDWALK Porsche? Their asking prices look quite high to me, but I'm wondering if they're willing to deal.

-Mike

Last edited by rye595; 02-21-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:45 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
really only one way to find out

Old 02-21-2010, 06:03 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Hey Mike

Where's Broadway located? Google wasn't much help.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:20 PM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Wow - I'm a dummy... I meant BOARDWALK Porsche! Dallas (Plano).

Old 02-21-2010, 09:28 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
This is a very difficult method of car buying. Jumping from dealership to dealership looking at cars which you can't see or drive in person .. with various years in mind and a large range of price , colors , options .. it won't lead you to the car.

Not long ago a poster had this same approach. He must have called every dealership in Florida and even went to a few in the northeast. He spun his wheels endlessly searching and never bought the car. 1000 posts later he actually did do a lot of research but in the end .. there is no such thing as the perfect deal . There will always be some component which does not get a perfect 10 score. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...2009-911s.html

There are two very important things NOT to do.
1) Do not buy the wrong car in haste.
2) Don't try to save money only to end up with a car that has problems losing money in the process.

My advice to you is to go to a region which has a large selection and drive the cars until you find one . I specifically say this in your case because yoir price range has varied so greatly , as well as the model year range .. which leads me to speculate that you have enough uncertainty to get the right answers with the cars right beside you.

Last edited by yrralis1; 02-21-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:43 PM
I understand what you're saying, but I think I'm pretty well-researched and set on what I want at this point.

I did briefly consider a discounted 2009, which was WAY above my stated limits. At the time, I said I was looking for an '06 for low to mid 50's. Since then, I've done two things:
1. Eliminated the idea of stretching the budget for a leftover 09. It's simply too much money for me to spend right now, even though I briefly lost my mind and considered it.
2. I have stretched my budget from my original goal of low 50's. Based on comments from you at one point, and frequent searching in the usual places (AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc), I realized a sweet spot seems to be around $60K.

At this point, I know what I want. I'm going to be extremely picky to find a car that I feel is mechanically perfect, but will be less picky on options, and even color. And if I do find a mechanically perfect car, I will stretch the budget if needed to get the deal done.

As for going to SoCal and driving cars until I find one: For now, I'm content to keep searching online. When I find a car that is a good candidate, I go into research mode to learn what I can about the car, find out its history, and dig deeper and deeper until I'm comfortable enough to make a solid offer. So far, there's only been one car I was ready to buy, and the seller decided to keep it at the last minute. I may have another now, but we'll see what happens.

I'm not in a rush, but will continue to take it seriously each time a potentially nice car comes along. It leads to a roller coaster when these cars come up, but there's something somewhat enjoyable about it at the same time. If I went somewhere with the mindset of bringing a car home, I think the pressure would be too intense, and I'd end up settling for a car by the time I had to come home. And life is too busy at the moment to spend a week looking for cars. Wasting hours on the internet is a different story

-Mike

Old 02-21-2010, 10:11 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I realized a sweet spot seems to be around $60K.

At this point, I know what I want. I'm going to be extremely picky to find a car that I feel is mechanically perfect,
but will be less picky on options, and even color. And if I do find a mechanically perfect car, I will stretch the budget if needed to get the deal done.
ok --this clarrifies that you do know what you want. At 60K there are a lot of great cars . With a used car , beyond the obvious (inspection and distance) will be that to get every option as if you ordered it to spec and fulfill all the other requirements is not easy. The best cars wil sell fast. The red one you posted looks good if all the inspections check out and if it can be CPO'd . in my opinion 10 percent off the asking price with a clean bill of health and cpo is what i think its worth.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:36 AM
JTK
JTK is infamous around these parts
RYe595: I'm familiar with Broadwalk Porsche in Plano Texas; I bought my 997TT there and know alot of the guys, more service guys than the salesmen. They do deal on cars; who's your saleman?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Been talking to Steve Noack on e-mail. He's supposed to send me a DME scan for 2007 C2S they have over there. If it's good, I'll be talking to him about an offer.

They're asking $66K for a non-CPO 2007 C2S with 13,000 miles. Seems awfully high, but if I can get him down about 10% with CPO, I'd do it.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:55 AM
JTK
I don't know Steve but I just left a message for the service manager to see what kind of guy Steve is and get his opinion on who you really need to talk to. Broardwalk is very easy going; very laid back, I go in there and spend hours BS'ing with the guys. I'm sure they'll try to get what you want. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 PM
I appreciate that! More evidence about why I love this forum

Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 PM
JTK
Hey man, I just talked to my guy at Boardwalk and he's so/so on Steve N. He gave me a name of a real good guy ( I don't know him personally but his name is Steven Rosenkrantz. The used car manager just changed so he didn't have a good feel for the new manager. But, from my experience, they've alwasy been very helpful. They will deal to move cars. No, I m not getting a kick back, I'm just trying to help out like most of the guys on this forum do. If all looks good on paper and you want me to swing by and look at it, I will be more than happy to for a fellow 6speeder. let me know.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:43 PM
JTK - I appreciate that! Should I drop your name? If so, what IS your name?

I'll call a bit later today. Still haven't received the DME from Steve (he said he was sending it 2 hours ago), and I'm conference calls for work, but I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your help!

Old 02-22-2010, 12:51 PM
JTK
I'm afraid it wouldn't do any good dropping my name to the salesmen; maybe if you were getting service work or Europipes or some mod, it might do a little good with the service and parts guys. Anyways, my name is Joe. Good luck and let me know if I can help.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:15 PM
That is very nice Jtk .
Good luck Rye595.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Broadway Porsche