997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Cabriolet Wind screen/deflector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:28 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
It made a huge difference on my e36 M3 - different car, I know, but principle should be the same.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:50 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
So that's what the zippered thing in the front trunk is.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:51 PM
superman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nicesuperman77 is just really nice
makes a huge difference!

Old 03-01-2010, 06:21 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I use mine for longer trips, but for short jaunts around home I don't bother with it.

If I was looking to get one, I'd try ebay and Craigslist, or put a WTB in the classifieds in case someone has one laying around unused. If you want new, try Sunset Porsche too. Their prices are usually much lower than my local dealer.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:28 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
I use mine all the time, it works great, specially on the freeway

Old 03-02-2010, 04:37 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
I use mine all the time as well. But, it is standard on the cab. So, your car should have on in the trunk!

Old 03-02-2010, 07:35 AM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Mostly use it with the wife aboard or when talking on the phone. A worthwhile device in
my opinion.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:28 AM
RF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really nice
We have a lot of worn pavement & heavy traffic around Seattle, so the sounds of the traffic can be uncomfortably loud.

I use a set of musicians' "ear valves" -- ear plugs that have small "valves" or inserts so you can vary the amount of sound protection by swapping out the inserts. (My son plays in a band....it's the only way I can go hear him play.) Anyway, these ear plugs are GREAT for the cab. I can hear someone talking next to me, but it deadens the sound of large trucks, etc.

I highly recommend them. They're available through almost any nearby audiologist.

Won't help your wife's hair, though.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
[quote=RF5BPilot;2748031

Won't help your wife's hair, though.[/quote]

LOL

Old 03-04-2010, 04:25 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JenK
I use mine all the time as well. But, it is standard on the cab. So, your car should have on in the trunk!
if you bought the car new yeah, but the stealership probably took mine out and sold it again. I bought my CPO 997 a year old.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Luzy_V8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
if you bought the car new yeah, but the stealership probably took mine out and sold it again. I bought my CPO 997 a year old.

OK, now I am able to follow this conversation, because I always thought the wind deflector comes as a standard with each 997 cab.
Doesn't it ?

Old 03-04-2010, 03:16 PM
SSandy is infamous around these parts
My wind deflector just arrived after purchase from Suncoast. I'm confused about the black canvas bag that came with it. Looks like it is supposed to be slung over a spare tire which my 997.1 C4 doesn't have. Also several people referred to a zipper bag -- this has no zippers, just a rectangle of velcro holding up a flap. Is this the right item to hold the wind deflector when not in use? By the way, difference is obvious and very enjoyable in the cold with the top down. -- Not to mention the wife's flowing blond hair! --