997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Cruel Treatment of a 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 05:09 AM
C2Spin is infamous around these parts
Cruel Treatment of a 911

It brings great sadness to me to have to tell you about the unfortunate fate of a brand new 911.

Well, you see, there was this German radio station that created a publicity stunt where listeners were asked to vote to save the 911 or......drop it some 30 meters suspended from a construction crane, nose first.

It appears the voters wanted to see the car dropped from the crane. Although, there was onlooker who stated he would have rather had his Dad win the car; good man, others seem to revel in the idea.

Watch at your own risk...not for the faint of heart!!

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...e-ar85812.html

Old 03-04-2010, 06:00 AM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
This is an early 996, check the headlights...

Old 03-04-2010, 06:04 AM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
So that's why my car had a strange Carfax report. :>(

Old 03-04-2010, 06:13 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carfan
This is an early 996, check the headlights...

and the wheels

Old 03-04-2010, 06:21 AM
geestyleed is infamous around these parts
The only reason they might be able to do this is, because it is a preproduction car, which gets crumbled anyway, or it has another major defect and the radio station bought it cheap....I also think this movie is a bit older, when the 996 was still produced. But it is still a Porsche

I have something more painful. Follow me..
(this is a preproduction car)

Old 03-04-2010, 07:13 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by geestyleed
I have something more painful. Follow me..
(this is a preproduction car)
I knew those cup holders wouldn't hold up!!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
It was a pre PSM car, as the car is falling the rear of the car starts to rotate.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by larrytrk
So that's why my car had a strange Carfax report. :>(

Ha ha and no engine....

Old 03-04-2010, 08:37 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
It was a pre PSM car, as the car is falling the rear of the car starts to rotate.
lol....

Also looked motor-less when they show the carnage. Surely a stunt.

Either way, I'm of the opinion that a 996 sporting the headlight covers should probably be done away with in one way or another anyways.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:52 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iJeremy
lol....

Also looked motor-less when they show the carnage. Surely a stunt.

Either way, I'm of the opinion that a 996 sporting the headlight covers should probably be done away with in one way or another anyways.
Yeah, I don't understand the headlight covers either. The 996 headlights were one of Porsche's biggest successful changes

Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Some hysterical comments in this thread, but too too painful. I don't quite understand the desire to just destroy things but that's just me.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Auto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the roughAuto_Union is a jewel in the rough
The one that's the most disturbing to me is when Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear fame dopped a piano on a 911.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No0xDPFoMq8

Old 03-04-2010, 06:24 PM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by C2Spin
It brings great sadness to me to have to tell you about the unfortunate fate of a brand new 911.

Well, you see, there was this German radio station that created a publicity stunt where listeners were asked to vote to save the 911 or......drop it some 30 meters suspended from a construction crane, nose first.

It appears the voters wanted to see the car dropped from the crane. Although, there was onlooker who stated he would have rather had his Dad win the car; good man, others seem to revel in the idea.

Watch at your own risk...not for the faint of heart!!

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...e-ar85812.html
I'm surprised Cayman/Boxster owners haven't chimed in about how a mid-engine car would have dropped straight

Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Auto_Union
The one that's the most disturbing to me is when Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear fame dopped a piano on a 911.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No0xDPFoMq8
It was the only way he could break the car.