997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Steering Wheel Refinishing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:18 AM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Steering Wheel Refinishing?

I seem to remember a link floating around somewhere of a company that you could send you wheel to (or core exchange) and have them refinish the wheel for you. I'd like my PDK wheel done in alcantara instead of the regular leather, and since (to the best of m knowledge) Porsche doesn't make it, I have to get it done myself. Any suggestions?

Old 03-04-2010, 08:23 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Here is the place I think you were referring to.

http://www.dctms.com/product_ST_PCH_997_987.html

Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 AM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Here is the place I think you were referring to.

http://www.dctms.com/product_ST_PCH_997_987.html
No PDK option listed, and they seem very very pricey for just a refinishing (>$900).

Old 03-04-2010, 08:32 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
They don't just refinish, they rebuild the wheels. And $900 is cheap compared to many other similar choices that run closer to $2000.

There was another place recently that did just the refinishing. I'll see if I can find it. Try a search under alcantara.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:16 AM
SinisterSC is infamous around these parts
I think it was Dallas Custom Steering Wheel. No personal experience but the reviews are great and they are very responsive.

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/sw1.htm

Old 03-04-2010, 03:33 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by camhabib
I seem to remember a link floating around somewhere of a company that you could send you wheel to (or core exchange) and have them refinish the wheel for you. I'd like my PDK wheel done in alcantara instead of the regular leather, and since (to the best of m knowledge) Porsche doesn't make it, I have to get it done myself. Any suggestions?
How is your car doing? Did you get it back in good health?

Old 03-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
We can rewrap the steering wheel for ya!
contact us for more detail! if just material change no molding for shape it will be very affordable!
sales@dctms.com

Ivan
Originally Posted by camhabib