997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ordered parts for GT3 RS mk2 conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Banned
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Ignore my last post I looked at the recent thread you posted and see it's a 997.1.
Are you really sure you want to do this ?

I do commend your enthusiasm and I am completely behind the creative aspects --but I also have concerns :

1) a lot of aftermarket kits look pretty .. but not all of them fit alike.
2) the LED conversion can get tricky .
3) what's in it for them if they invite you to the workshop?

Think al this over --it's your car --but weigh everything.

Thats the reason why I'm flying tomorrow to check everything out to make sure. I'll be back on Tuesday night.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:36 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I hope it works out for you. Also keep in mind that in order to install their aerokit you are faced with finding an installer in your area qualified to make it work.

This is where the gray area comes in . If the parts don't fit then you are faced with an overseas manufacturer pointing at the installer and visa versa.

Recently on the Turbo forum a forum member faced this with a suspension where he had three parties 1) manufacturer, 2) distributer, and 3) installer. His car broke and was faced with a lot of confusion and expense.

I feel that part of modifying for me has meant consolidating to ONE respected shop and tuner -who orders from multiple manufacturers/distributers (like hre , evoms, techart, brembo, etc) . all i have to do is drop off my car and pick it up.

In your example --my guess is that the OEM either won't for the 997.1 OR is very expensive .. or both. If that's the case .. it costs nothing to go look .. but whether you buy it or not .. just be certain that you have no doubts. Because in the end .. it is better to have no aerokit than the wrong kit.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:40 AM
Banned
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I hope it works out for you. Also keep in mind that in order to install their aerokit you are faced with finding an installer in your area qualified to make it work.

This is where the gray area comes in . If the parts don't fit then you are faced with an overseas manufacturer pointing at the installer and visa versa.

Recently on the Turbo forum a forum member faced this with a suspension where he had three parties 1) manufacturer, 2) distributer, and 3) installer. His car broke and was faced with a lot of confusion and expense.

I feel that part of modifying for me has meant consolidating to ONE respected shop and tuner -who orders from multiple manufacturers/distributers (like hre , evoms, techart, brembo, etc) . all i have to do is drop off my car and pick it up.

In your example --my guess is that the OEM either won't for the 997.1 OR is very expensive .. or both. If that's the case .. it costs nothing to go look .. but whether you buy it or not .. just be certain that you have no doubts. Because in the end .. it is better to have no aerokit than the wrong kit.
I appreciate the concern. Its not my first time modifying one of my cars. I already have my shops for each of their talents set up and talked to the right people, so everything is set down to the pickup wagon at the airport cargo. I suggest you check out the companys website, http://ap-car-design.de/ , I already have no doubts in mind and very confident about all this.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:45 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
I appreciate the concern. Its not my first time modifying one of my cars. I already have my shops for each of their talents set up and talked to the right people, so everything is set down to the pickup wagon at the airport cargo. I suggest you check out the companys website, http://ap-car-design.de/ , I already have no doubts in mind and very confident about all this.
Then -- I can't wait to see it !!! Good luck!!!

Old 03-06-2010, 06:15 PM
lakercarrera is infamous around these parts
cant wait to see this

Old 03-06-2010, 06:56 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
This sounds great. Can't wait to see the final product.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:35 AM
tuki is infamous around these parts
so does it means that we're gonna spend our nights in the workshop again, lol

I'm with you mate, and as soon as I sell my pepper, I'm gonna get that CS that I told you yesterday, and will do the same ! Maybe we can convince your brother too

Old 03-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Banned
Good times Exactly!

Old 03-27-2010, 08:40 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
All the bling without the engine/suspension or pedigree...not my bag, but good luck just the same.

J

Old 03-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
All the bling without the engine/suspension or pedigree...not my bag, but good luck just the same.

J
Check out my other posts where you can find the modifications done on the car w/ photos and will continue improving with the mods. Thank you for your wishes

Old 03-27-2010, 09:12 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Are you planning on replicating the front fenders? They are different from any other current 997.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Banned
The company is currently building those. The time I ordered my parts, they were in the process of making them. I can order them when they are finished.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:22 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Kudos to the OP. He managed to transform a 997.1 into a 997.2 RS. Wow! What a performance-focused track car he will end up with. I never thought this could be done.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:31 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by adias
Kudos to the OP. He managed to transform a 997.1 into a 997.2 RS. Wow! What a performance-focused track car he will end up with. I never thought this could be done.
I struggle to understand why people do it, frankly... I would understand to replace whole 'S' suspension with GT3 one - upper mounts, LCAs, adjustable links, etc, put GT3 brakes on it but why to change all that plastic crap that just hangs around? It is all a matter of personal choice of course but it does not make car to run any better. What`s the point?

Old 03-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
Yesterday, I have ordered all the parts needed for a 2010 GT3 RS conversion from AP Car Design.

They were kind enough to invite me for the weekend in Germany to check out their facilities and workshops.

So I'm flying in on Sunday for a 2-day trip. The parts should arrive within 7-10 days and I will try and keep a nice log and document on how things progress.

Cheers
We had a customer do a similar conversion to his car. He had a C4 and wanted to convert it to look like a GT3RS. Here you can see some pictures of his car on our shop page.

http://rpmnorth.com/RPM-Shop.html

He was very happy with the way the car came out. He added the GT3RS stickers to the car as well which a lot of people did not like but that is what he wanted and he was very happy with the results.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordered parts for GT3 RS mk2 conversion