997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Ordered parts for GT3 RS mk2 conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 01:00 PM
xbar is infamous around these parts
Considering cost of parts, shipping, labor, and time, it all sounds very expensive. I would think that you could have just sold your car and bought a used 997.1 GT3 for a little more? But then again, that's not exactly a 997.2 GT3RS. Regardless, good luck to you - hope it turns out the way you wanted and share with us when you're done.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Banned
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by xbar
Considering cost of parts, shipping, labor, and time, it all sounds very expensive. I would think that you could have just sold your car and bought a used 997.1 GT3 for a little more? But then again, that's not exactly a 997.2 GT3RS. Regardless, good luck to you - hope it turns out the way you wanted and share with us when you're done.
Cheers buddy!

Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Banned
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Here are a few parts painted and they are still in Germany at the shop. The company is waiting to get the carbon fiber rear wing and have everything ready for shipment soon. Will keep you all posted

Attached Images      
Old 03-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Banned
The rest of the photos...

Attached Images   
Old 03-30-2010, 01:04 AM
DW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the roughDW997s is a jewel in the rough
Looks cool! Ducktail!?

Old 03-30-2010, 03:57 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by DW997s
Looks cool! Ducktail!?
Thanks buddy!

Looks like it but no It is the decklid above the engine, on which the rear spoiler is attached with brackets on both sides. Plus, there is a module to restrict the rear wing to go up on certain speeds on a standard C2S. And of course the decklid had to change because of the spoiler attachment.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:36 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
great job!

I think it going to look awesome!

can you pm me the cost of this project??

Old 05-13-2010, 08:15 PM
ske
ske is infamous around these parts
Any pictures of the completed product? im anxious to see how their kit came out.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:19 AM
Juan is infamous around these parts
good job man! i'm waiting for more pics...

Old 06-29-2010, 01:06 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
So, what happened? I know there was another thread about the parts place screwing up...what's the latest?

J

Old 06-29-2010, 02:14 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
So, what happened? I know there was another thread about the parts place screwing up...what's the latest?

J
I didn't have time for a proper photoshoot, hopefully this weekend if the weather allows.. I'm gonna try and put some new photos tonight after work, dont mind the crappy cell phone pics

Old 06-29-2010, 10:23 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
I didn't have time for a proper photoshoot, hopefully this weekend if the weather allows.. I'm gonna try and put some new photos tonight after work, dont mind the crappy cell phone pics
Looking forward to them.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:37 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
eager to see pics

Pics pics!

You did not ask.... but I would like to share some thoughts about the sticker kit. ... I think it would be cool to have the car turbo'd (tpc) and maybe add a turbo script to the car? This way it would be a one off, turbo gt3 rs like car? Unique, different, one off etc and not attempting to fool someone into a car being what is not. Regardless I think this looks like a great project, hope you had fun doing it, thanks for keeping us posted and congrats in the end result!!!!! look forward to pics!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:42 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
looking forward o pics too

Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Banned
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics but here is a few until this weekend.. Fingers crossed for a proper photoshoot

KW's installed last weekend, upcoming: new alcantara steering wheel, red door pull handles, rear 'RS 3.8' carpet badge, updated side view mirrors, steel brake lines and racing pads etc etc.

Enjoy

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordered parts for GT3 RS mk2 conversion